IGNORED

Bristol Sport "disappointed" With Atmosphere At Ag

CyderInACan

Absolutely spot on.

I agree with the comments RE: the east end. My first season ticket was in the Williams in our League 1 promotion season and it was terrible. The people around me were alright but there was no atmosphere. I went in the East End for the Middlesbrough FA Cup game (I think that was the same season) and fell in love.

Next season the EE opened (I think) and I moved my season ticket to there. That place was special, as Harry said you seen the same people in the same place every week. I knew exactly where to go and was able to make a lot of noise around like minded people. I love Away games for the atmosphere, and the EE was pretty much the same experience, probably better most of the time.

I went to one game in the Williams this season, and it wasn't quite the same. There was enough of us trying, but I didn't know or recognise anyone around me and many didn't seem interested in singing except the odd "Come on you reds" at a corner.

The "singing section" needs to be near the away fans. Not so the "netters" can gesticulate and goad them, but so we can engage in "banter" with the away fans and that leads to more fun and more imaginative chants.

There also needs to be a bit of a "blind eye" turned by stewards. Away fans up and down the country are "allowed" to stand, its very rare the Stewards wil try and stop them and the powers that be aren't making a song and dance about it so surely it can be done in the home ends as well (as long as you aren't obstructing anyones view). Its hard to get an atmosphere when your all sat down.

The South stand will be the new East ... Err it won't. Leave the not singing section there ... Give it a band and hey presto its the Atyeo.

Its down to BANTZ .. Vulgar expression isn't it?

Chaps in A - B up and down where there is space.

Done, what is the timescale on this? will a statement about BS future seating/safe standing/un-reserved seating plans at AG be issued anytime soon?

The survey will help feed back to the club what fans thoughts are when it comes to seating for next seasons sales - that's the hope anyway!

The survey will help feed back to the club what fans thoughts are when it comes to seating for next seasons sales - that's the hope anyway!

i can't see the club moving on their stance for next season to be honest, maybe the following season when there is loads of capacity tho

i can't see the club moving on their stance for next season to be honest, maybe the following season when there is loads of capacity tho

But they need to get the survey in now before the club sells season tickets in what may be an unreserved section the season after

• Admin

But they need to get the survey in now before the club sells season tickets in what may be an unreserved section the season after

would assume as we have not had an increase in price for years now they may wait until they know what league we are in next season before deciding pricing

would assume as we have not had an increase in price for years now they may wait until they know what league we are in next season before deciding pricing

Very true, but you would also have to assume that if season tickets are on sale throughout the new stand, then there is no chance of an unreserved section ever being created.

• SC&T Board Members

Done, what is the timescale on this? will a statement about BS future seating/safe standing/un-reserved seating plans at AG be issued anytime soon?

Survey closes Jan 29th.

Results will be published the following week and shared with the club / BS.

To what extent they take the findings on board and what they may or may not say in response to them remains to be seen. Let's hope they reflect the findings in their plans as much as they can.

Can you add section next to away fans as an unreserved section in your survey please.

I noticed that there wasn't a re-built Williams/Atyeo section.

There was a Dolman/Atyeo section, but not anything in the Williams.

Even if the club intends to charge top whack for those seats, or give them to the corporates...it would be nice if the survey still captured whether we'd like to be there or not.

• SC&T Board Members

I noticed that there wasn't a re-built Williams/Atyeo section.

There was a Dolman/Atyeo section, but not anything in the Williams.

Even if the club intends to charge top whack for those seats, or give them to the corporates...it would be nice if the survey still captured whether we'd like to be there or not.

There's a free form for any additional comments at the end.

Have I missed something? Apologies if it's been covered but what happened to us paving the way for 'safe standing' in the UK?

I remember seeing something on the local news about this ground breaking initiative?

• SC&T Board Members

Have I missed something? Apologies if it's been covered but what happened to us paving the way for 'safe standing' in the UK?

I remember seeing something on the local news about this ground breaking initiative?

Government still not prepared to rule that rail seats are 'seated accommodation' (see here), so club / BS had to reluctantly concede that there will be no safe standing from this August, but remain committed to installing rail seats as soon as these are permitted.

Can you add section next to away fans as an unreserved section in your survey please.

The same could be said for flags etc. A South stand "singing" section should not be the only option.

The "singing" section the club currently use is unpopular amongst some of those who inhabit it. Choice is a good thing.

No unreserved seating next season? So people wanting to stand could be blocking other people's views, this despite the 10% less capacity rule having been revealed to be BS.

I'm not moaning for moanings sake but it seems the club are being intentionally difficult, why others can't see this I really don't know.

Additionally there should be a choice of unreserved areas for fans to get an idea of where they wish to make home post East End era...again there appears no will to do this from BS/BCFC.

Government still not prepared to rule that rail seats are 'seated accommodation' (see here), so club / BS had to reluctantly concede that there will be no safe standing from this August, but remain committed to installing rail seats as soon as these are permitted.

Ahh, I see. Thanks.

No unreserved seating next season? So people wanting to stand could be blocking other people's views, this despite the 10% less capacity rule having been revealed to be BS.

I'm not moaning for moanings sake but it seems the club are being intentionally difficult, why others can't see this I really don't know.

Additionally there should be a choice of unreserved areas for fans to get an idea of where they wish to make home post East End era...again there appears no will to do this from BS/BCFC.

Next season, there won't be any tolerance of standing, so that argument is kinda dead in the water. Maybe once the stadium has been completely redeveloped, that position might change, but I think people need to understand/get on board with the fact that next season, people might be in a spot close to others who want to sit down.

Next season, there won't be any tolerance of standing, so that argument is kinda dead in the water. Maybe once the stadium has been completely redeveloped, that position might change, but I think people need to understand/get on board with the fact that next season, people might be in a spot close to others who want to sit down.

They've also said this applies to all away fans too. I will be very interested to see how they cope with (hopefully) championship away support like Cardiff, Leeds, Millwall, Sheffield Weds etc who will all stand..

• Admin

Next season, there won't be any tolerance of standing, so that argument is kinda dead in the water.

Is this not just a case that the club can't be seen to be promoting standing ?

It happens at every ground in the country, do we really think City will be the only ones to enforce it?

Archived