IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• SC&T Board Members

I totally agree that this is a fcuking stupid idea.

However, how many of you have email DL or the club with your opinions, rather than just moaning about it on here..?

I urge you all to email and let them know, if you do actually feel that strongly about it. Getting over excited about it on here isn't going to carry much weight.

The Supporters Club & Trust made its views, which reflect those on this thread, known by e-mail earlier today to Andrew Billingham, David Lloyd and others at BS / BCFC.

Because the are running the show, and their decisions affect fans and their ability to support. Fans asked questions about unreserved areas etc , and its all in the control of the Head of Bristol Sport etc.

BS have decided where to house fans, what the can and cannot do. They will alter the fabric of the culture of the club, and are already.

I thought they were being extremely accommodating to the "east end culture"

They could have charged them full price and said no standing, but have bent over backwards to look after them.

For fck sake!!! i saw someone mention this earlier on facebook and thought it was a wind up. what runt thought this would be a good f'ing idea???? what the holy sht has happened to football in recent years? if this was suggested in the 80's the person whos idea it was would have his banjo string nailed to the clifton suspension bridge, then lobbed off to see if he hit the water before the banjo string snapped.

Dear Bristol Sport.

I grew up in a different era of football. I get that you want to create at atmosphere, and although it seems very 'modern', I think the free scarves are a nice touch. Although somewhat forced, if it helps create a passionate home atmosphere then got to try new things. It might be great.

But 'atmosphere' at home is not about balance, as if say Wembley might approach a JPT final. This is our manor. We want to create as intimidating a home atmosphere as possible. One sided, tribal. It's not about a party which everyone enjoys, it's a party that we enjoy and get behind. This is also not about a minnow playing a giant.

With all good intentions, bad decisions in hindsight can get made. This is an absolute shocker. Respect, if you just put your hands up on this one and cancel it now.

Then let's enjoy the game.

Good, balanced post, that. Accept and understand a mistake has been made, reverse the decision, learn from it and move on.

No further recriminations or hang-wringing will then be necessary. Job's a good 'un.

The Bristol Sport idea of an atmosphere is scarves and bubble machines provided for opposition fans. You've got to laugh...

Nah cry; Red rag to a bull if this is true and goes ahead

Lets hope you are right Marie and if this is Billinghams idea he needs to apologise, he's already alienated a lot of supporters for his lack of atmosphere comment.

The announcement if at will be "following much speculation the club/ a club official/ confirm that there will be no bubbles..."

There probably wont even be any recognition it was going to happen in the first place

The decision was a poor one but if they listened and changed their minds surely thats a good thing and time to move on ?

(if they have changed their minds of course)

I didn't say otherwise, just predicted what will happen.

Although I have to say this won't be the last time Bristol City or Bristol Sport or whoever runs the show these days alienate the fans - its just our good fortune that on this occasion, with the scarves, they gave us a ready made opportunity to embarrass them if they went ahead - I wonder if they would back down otherwise.

Archived