IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reading into It - I think this was going to go ahead until this reaction. The statement is designed to deflect all possible questions but there's lots of holes in it.

That's how i read it.

If this reaction never happened the bubbles would be there tomorrow, otherwise Adam Baker wouldn't have tweeted what he did this morning.

Either way common sense wins. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

That's how i read it.

If this reaction never happened the bubbles would be there tomorrow, otherwise Adam Baker wouldn't have tweeted what he did this morning.

Either way common sense wins. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

The Adam baker tweet almost contradicts what bs said - hence the "off the cuff" comment!

They'd be better off admitting they got it wrong and apologise I think.

Glad it's not happening but I found the explanation a bit undignified!

Why on earth let a club employee within the media department all but confirm there will be one when there won't? What a balls up...once again!

Precisely - not Adams fault at all but doesn't look good if his own tweets contradict their statement meaning their official response has to work round what AB himself said!

Despite the "it came from Sun" comments, Adam Baker seemed to confirm earlier via Twitter that the Bubble Machine was being used.

We then get a statement 6hrs later saying it wasn't happening.

I would hazard an educated guess that it was going ahead, but then decided against following large City complaints on the matter.

Good to see common sense, and actually listening to 'our fans' privailed! Social Media does sometimes work!

• SC&T Board Members

In their own words: "Late yesterday Bristol Sport confirmed that it had now received all the additional information that it requested on the specification of the bubble machine and would not be able to facilitate the request."

So, there you have it: from early this week until late on Friday night the idea was indeed being entertained!

What sort of person would even consider the idea and not dismiss it out of hand as soon as the request was made?

It was probably agreed to happen, but Because of the reaction they've backtracked and are now saying it's not happening and never was.

Oh well, glad it's done with now.

As I said, retrospective deniability. Let's get on with beating a team that's well within our reach.

We're hoping to be a Championship team next season and, as such, at home to West Ham is a game we should at least hope to win. We are not a minnow talking on a gurt big shark and grateful for its deigning to visit us. We are a shark taking on a slightly larger shark.

In their own words: "Late yesterday Bristol Sport confirmed that it had now received all the additional information that it requested on the specification of the bubble machine and would not be able to facilitate the request."

So, there you have it: from early this week until late on Friday night the idea was indeed being entertained!

What sort of person would even consider the idea and not dismiss it out of hand as soon as the request was made?

Can you imagine the reaction if they proposed taking a bubble machine to, say, Anfield?

Glad common sence has prevailled but it's left me just as annoyed.  They have now just lied to us instead!!

No way would Adam Baker have tweeted what he did, had it not been happening.  Why lie and not instead just hold your hand up and admit it was a stupid idea in the first place but one which has now been corrected.  Treating us like bloody idiots and he clearly doesn't realise that those tweets went out and have exposed him for what he is, an untrustworthy pillock.

Archived