IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is that turn of events made clear. I'll choose to believe the official statements' explanation, rather than the uninformed, over excitable opinion of people on here.

I think Adam Bakers poorly worded tweets (presuming he didnt actually know if it was true) added fuel to the fire and it wasn't until then people really kicked off. Not saying it was his fault but it didn't help, one good thing this shows is the fans won't stand for **** being forced on them unlike a welsh club I could name.

Where is that turn of events made clear. I'll choose to believe the official statements' explanation, rather than the uninformed, over excitable opinion of people on here.

Blimey, there's some deniers around here.

As someone who regularly used to write press releases, the content of Bristol Sport's media release is almost transparent. We've balls up. Wrong specification - a bubble machine - yeah right. So the correct specification and it would have been pumping them out come Sunday much to the delight of the away fans.

Don't get me wrong, some responses on here were a bit OTT, but we're at a very critical stage with the evolution of our football club and we need to give Bristol Sport the right messages about our future direction of travel. We don't want a plastic franchise sporting club. We care passionately about our Football Club and our identity.

I think Adam Bakers poorly worded tweets (presuming he didnt actually know if it was true) added fuel to the fire and it wasn't until then people really kicked off. Not saying it was his fault but it didn't help, one good thing this shows is the fans won't stand for **** being forced on them unlike a welsh club I could name.

Agreed. Adam will probably get a slapped wrist for this.

Blimey, there's some deniers around here.

As someone who regularly used to write press releases, the content of Bristol Sport's media release is almost transparent. We've balls up. Wrong specification - a bubble machine - yeah right. So the correct specification and it would have been pumping them out come Sunday much to the delight of the away fans.

Don't get me wrong, some responses on here were a bit OTT, but we're at a very critical stage with the evolution of our football club and we need to give Bristol Sport the right messages about our future direction of travel. We don't want a plastic franchise sporting club. We care passionately about our Football Club and our identity.

Totally agree. I can't believe that it was ever going to be allowed.

Without Bristol Sport (SL) we would be screwed. That does not mean we should do a Cardiff and take it over a barrell at all costs.

Some of the vitriol towards the club was moronic though.

Anyway, it's all clear now and nothing to see here.

Why doesn't someone just find out who at West Ham is responsible for the bubble machine and ask them if they were granted permission In the first place. Someone on their forum will be able to tell you. If they say that they that Bristol City said it was fine then changed their minds then everyone can continue to enjoy slating the club.

"We're forever BURSTING bubbles" has surely got to be sung tomorrow?!

We're forever bursting bubbles

Bursting bubbles everywhere

They didn't fly

Bristol Sport lied

And like your fans, Adam Baker cried

League one is ours for taking

We win everywhere

Bursting bubbles everywhere!

One Team

If BS called it off because of our backlash, they should have the balls to stand up and admit it.

Adam Baker seemed pretty certain it was going ahead.

Actually, despite my disdain of BS, by coming out and saying that they listened to the fans, they could have come up smelling of roses.

As it is they have come up smelling of shit

"We're forever BURSTING bubbles" has surely got to be sung tomorrow?!

Bursting bubbles everywhere

They didn't fly

Bristol Sport lied

And like your fans, Adam Baker cried

League one is ours for taking

We win everywhere

Bursting bubbles everywhere!

One Team

That is actually pretty good. Fair play  :chant6ez:

I've read some wet panted cobblers in my time, but this thread wins hands down. It's hard to know where to begin? Immediately siezing a rumour as gospel truth before leaping in 2 footed to blame everyone ever associated with the club? Having hysterics at the thought of bubbles being released at Ashton Gate? Bubbles people, they're not giving the away fans sniper rifles. Or maybe people claiming that a bubble machine, presumably that would be switched on at the start, not going continuously like some Ibiza foam party, is worth a 2 goal lead? Or people suggesting they wouldn't go to the game because of said bubbles? If any Wham fan is reading this I bet they're howling with laughter. 'Guess what lads, they're scared of bubbles, this should be easy....' Whatever happened to the attitude of, bring bubbles if you want it doesnt matter because we'll sing louder for longer. Bring whatever you like because theres 12,000 of us and if you want an atmosphere we'll give you one. You know, the sort of atmosphere that nearly collapsed the Dolman. Not getting all upset by the prospect of a few bubbles and treating it like it actually, really, honestly would make any sodding difference to anything. Jesus wept.

If you take the fact it's a bubble machine in isolation then you are indeed correct.

However this is not the case.

It's allowing another teams identity to be displayed in our home.

Ashton Gate is our identity. We have our music to run out too. Music at the end of the game. We sing songs about our players. We remember the rich history of those before us.

We look forward to those who will make history in the future.

This is our identity, built over the years.

Simple put, allowing a bubble machine in to Ashton Gate, dilutes all this. It's unacceptable to even consider such a request.

Regards

Stevo

If you take the fact it's a bubble machine in isolation then you are indeed correct.

However this is not the case.

It's allowing another teams identity to be displayed in our home.

Ashton Gate is our identity. We have our music to run out too. Music at the end of the game. We sing songs about our players. We remember the rich history of those before us.

We look forward to those who will make history in the future.

This is our identity, built over the years.

Simple put, allowing a bubble machine in to Ashton Gate, dilutes all this. It's unacceptable to even consider such a request.

Regards

Stevo

Beautifully put Stevo.

I've read some wet panted cobblers in my time, but this thread wins hands down. It's hard to know where to begin? Immediately siezing a rumour as gospel truth before leaping in 2 footed to blame everyone ever associated with the club? Having hysterics at the thought of bubbles being released at Ashton Gate? Bubbles people, they're not giving the away fans sniper rifles. Or maybe people claiming that a bubble machine, presumably that would be switched on at the start, not going continuously like some Ibiza foam party, is worth a 2 goal lead? Or people suggesting they wouldn't go to the game because of said bubbles? If any Wham fan is reading this I bet they're howling with laughter. 'Guess what lads, they're scared of bubbles, this should be easy....' Whatever happened to the attitude of, bring bubbles if you want it doesnt matter because we'll sing louder for longer. Bring whatever you like because theres 12,000 of us and if you want an atmosphere we'll give you one. You know, the sort of atmosphere that nearly collapsed the Dolman. Not getting all upset by the prospect of a few bubbles and treating it like it actually, really, honestly would make any sodding difference to anything. Jesus wept.

Zzzzzzzz....

Bristol Sport want some suggestions to create an atmosphere tomorrow?

Turn off the heating and hot water in the Away Team Changing Room.

Remove most of the light tubes and ensure any remaining ones flicker and crackle as annoyingly as possible.

Make sure the bogs are "Out of Order".

Play "Drink Up Thy Zyder" ad nauseum (at high volume) into their dressing room.

Make sure their floor is sticky and covered with all kinds of undescribable detritus (the more slip and trip hazards the better).

Their players should be gibbering wrecks by kick-off and Big Sam will be apoplectic.

Then for good measure.....

Make Hammers fans queue for hours while the stewards do yet another Health and Safety Inspection  followed by a Security Check (rumour had it that someone was going to bring in some kind of Bubble machine) ......followed by whatever other checks we want to invent...... and then to be really bloody-minded....don't let them in anyway.

The Crazy Gang knew what they were doing.

Bristol Sport want some suggestions to create an atmosphere tomorrow?

Turn off the heating and hot water in the Away Team Changing Room.

Remove most of the light tubes and ensure any remaining ones flicker and crackle as annoyingly as possible.

Make sure the bogs are "Out of Order".

Play "Drink Up Thy Zyder" ad nauseum (at high volume) into their dressing room.

Make sure their floor is sticky and covered with all kinds of undescribable detritus (the more slip and trip hazards the better).

Their players should be gibbering wrecks by kick-off and Big Sam will be apoplectic.

Then for good measure.....

Make Hammers fans queue for hours while the stewards do yet another Health and Safety Inspection  followed by a Security Check (rumour had that someone was going o bring in some of Bubble machine) ......followed by whatever other check we want to invent...... and then to be really bloody-minded....don't let them in anyway.

The Crazy Gang knew what they were doing.

Well, that's our tactical surprise blown :(

Common sense prevails. Not interested in the finger pointing now we have the resolution we were looking for.

Sorry squeak but the finger pointing is very important. No honest apology after Adam baker had confirmed it was happening and the very fact some **** head at our club even considered it for a nano second is appalling and an embarrassment.

YOUR NOT FIT TO DO THE JOB now **** off out of our club.

Well, that's our tactical surprise blown :(

Plenty more where that came from...

Kitman:  "Hey Gaffer!.... the water in the kettle looks yellow and smells kinda strange"

Big Sam: "Just shut up and get the tea made "

Nolan: "Boss, you better tell the subs to warm up...... we're feeling like s***.... outta my way!!!!!!!!......Oh Christ!..... all the bogs are out of order!"

It's war... they're the enemy. 

Bristol Sport?.... Nah!

We're Bristol Nasty.

My word, talk about missing the point.

The anger has nothing to do with bastard bubbles but the disgrace of the powers that be contemplating such an insulting idea

Wow, so it never was going to happen!

Some of you look a bit silly now after crucifying the club on this.

Yet another example of knowing the FACTS before shouting your mouth off.

I assume their will now be apologetic posts from many, retracting their venom against Bristol Sport and their attitude towards us fans...? No, of course not.

No.

If BS had its finger in the pulse it would have provided clarification many hours earlier.

The fact they didn't suggests they were busy formulating a change of mind.

What made me laugh was Adam bakers response. It said something like "SC has approved West Ham bringing one bubble machine."

The only thing I can think of is childrens parties back in the 80's at McDonald's where you were only allowed to one friend to look around the kitchen.

No West Ham. Not three, not even two. Just one.

Archived