IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without having to read through 7 pages of this, has Dave L commented yet?

He probably hasn't been told what to say yet - not intended as a criticism of him, his hands are probably tied.

My guess is Bristol Sport suggested the bubbles to the BBC, or vice versa. City have gone along with it and who knows it may even be in the contract for the game now, and even if the club wanted to change it, they can't, until the legal guys have sorted it. Sounds daft I know but why else would something so obviously likely to alienate the fans be festering like this.

From their forum....

Re: Bristol City v West Ham Utd (FAC4R): match thread

Postby Knighter10WHU on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 pm

Are we seriously taking the ****ing bubble machine tomorrow!? What joke football is these days

I think is more than likely that City have hired one,  probably from a Disco, perhaps we could have some POLE DANCERS as well,  we wish!

He probably hasn't been told what to say yet - not intended as a criticism of him, his hands are probably tied.

My guess is Bristol Sport suggested the bubbles to the BBC, or vice versa. City have gone along with it and who knows it may even be in the contract for the game now, and even if the club wanted to change it, they can't, until the legal guys have sorted it. Sounds daft I know but why else would something so obviously likely to alienate the fans be festering like this.

The machine could experience a malfunction at appox 1355?

I suspect he might be trying to sort it out. If Cotts has gone for it, really, then I am hugely surprised!

Me too, he's been around football long enough to know how this would go down.

Amazing how they've included him in their justification as if we'd let it slide - he was probably asked some loaded question about it.

Bristol Sport, West Ham fans, Rovers fans and any other teams' fan on here will vote yes for a wind up so anything above 90% is practically unanimous among Bristol City fans

Steady on fella - I clicked the "no" vote. There are some things that require solidarity, and plastic, corporate football is one of them!

Fans should not forget it.

Bristol sport are showing their contempt towards their own fans. If people forget it will keep happening.

I just do not understand why! The. Club was winning fans back. And yet again the prove what a utter joke and how so far out of touch they are with their "client base"

At a recent consultation BS - BCFC were asked about atmosphere/ vocal support, what their ideas were. They couldn't come up with any ideas. They were lost. People in charge now of Bristol City's expertise is in the field of running hotels, they are not fans, never will be.

Dear Bristol Sport.

I grew up in a different era of football. I get that you want to create at atmosphere, and although it seems very 'modern', I think the free scarves are a nice touch. Although somewhat forced, if it helps create a passionate home atmosphere then got to try new things. It might be great.

But 'atmosphere' at home is not about balance, as if say Wembley might approach a JPT final. This is our manor. We want to create as intimidating a home atmosphere as possible. One sided, tribal. It's not about a party which everyone enjoys, it's a party that we enjoy and get behind. This is also not about a minnow playing a giant.

With all good intentions, bad decisions in hindsight can get made. This is an absolute shocker. Respect, if you just put your hands up on this one and cancel it now.

Then let's enjoy the game.

Who did you email that too..?

I totally agree that this is a fcuking stupid idea.

However, how many of you have email DL or the club with your opinions, rather than just moaning about it on here..?

I urge you all to email and let them know, if you do actually feel that strongly about it. Getting over excited about it on here isn't going to carry much weight.

I totally agree that this is a fcuking stupid idea.

However, how many of you have email DL or the club with your opinions, rather than just moaning about it on here..?

I urge you all to email and let them know, if you do actually feel that strongly about it. Getting over excited about it on here isn't going to carry much weight.

'like'

Sounds daft I know but why else would something so obviously likely to alienate the fans be festering like this.

Because the Head of Bistol sport has no understanding of football fans, and that lack of expertise is shared by people running the FC.

At the recent consultation an answer to a question from that noisy difficult lot was incredulous. No real football fan would have answered in that manner.

And why should they come up with ideas to create an atmosphere, thats obviously down to the supporters not the directors.

Because the are running the show, and their decisions affect fans and their ability to support. Fans asked questions about unreserved areas etc , and its all in the control of the Head of Bristol Sport etc.

BS have decided where to house fans, what they can and cannot do. They will alter the fabric of the culture of the club, and are already.

Archived