IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What an absolute embarrassment. We will be a laughing stock on national TV tomorrow with this.

I have never seen anything like this before. West Ham wouldn't have asked for this, would be ridiculous. I guarantee if SC was asked it would be a loaded question about improving the atmosphere.

How out of touch are these people?!

**** me, what ever happened to encouraging an intimidating atmosphere? Like they used to ask us do but instead, no, lets make them feel at home. Why not let them use the Home dressing room and they can borrow our staff too if they like. Well done BS for making us look tinpot to the rest of the Football League, its West Ham FFS, its not like were playing Man Utd or Liverpool......

Bristol sport are not showing contempt to their own supporters, that is ridiculous. They are trying to create a family friendly carnival atmosphere infront of a worldwide TV audience.

However, this is not a good idea and should be rethought.

Stick your bubbles up your ass!

If that is what they think they should be banned from football. They could cause a riot on national tv.

Not only is it stupid..... But potentially very dangerous. Especially considering some of the loons wham will bring

I'm that annoyed that I don't even feel like attending...

Football has officially died.

Agreed. I wonder if the club have thought 'What would be the easiest way to wind up our own fans, alienate our supporters in our own stadium and make us a national laughing stock?'.

As soon as I knew we would be playing Wham I started a thread something along the lines of 'don't you think you can come to Ashton Gate and blow your bubbles'. I still believe in this now, even more so. By the luck of the draw we were drawn at home, so stick your bubbles Wham.

I think it's a master plan. 12000 pi55ed right off with taking it up the rear to a wham bubble machine.

Can here it now live on TV "you can shove your bubbles up your ass, you can shove your bubbles up you ass"

Could be great fun.

Robbo please spare me the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Absolutely pathetic, I really cannot understand what is going through the minds of some people at the club.  But then again I am struggling to understand why there is so much hype about playing West Ham?  It was only a couple of seasons ago we were playing them in the league and to be honest give it a couple of seasons they will probably be back in the Championship again.

It is West Ham for f@cks sake not Manchester United or Arsenal.  

Officials at our club need to get a grip.

• SC&T Board Members

I suggest everyone fills out the atmosphere survey on the official site

I'm afraid there's no question about whether we should appear obsequious towards visiting teams, but there are lots of questions relating to things that influence atmosphere in a less contrived way, so please do complete this survey.

Tweet sent to Jon Lansdown, Flint and Elliott... If these Bristol sport clowns won't listen to the fans, at least they might listen to those employed by our club that actually give a shit

Can you send one to Steve Lansdowne?

If anybody can sort this mess out he can!

I heard that a few lads were singing it. Something along the lines of "I don't like watching Rugby or watching Basketball, we are Bristol City so something or other Bristol Sport...lalalalalalala" I had a giggle at that

I've been pretty happy with everything 'Bristol sport' so far but if there are poxy bubbles being blown around Ashton Gate on Sunday I'll definitely be joining in with this chant and my scarf will end up on the pitch.

As I pointed out on page 2 of this thread we do have a back up plan.. don't we?

Perhaps the bubbles will be 'squirted' from this 'machine' in red and white... has anybody mentioned that? Now that would actually be quite smart ... Come on City... get down to Halfords and get your die bottles sorted. 

You heard it here first folks.  ;)

You cannot be serious.

Just choked on my cornflakes. Someone has approved this? Name and shame, come on don't be shy. Must be some work experience person.

Can't wait for next season's blue and white kit.

Come on City, we're better than this.

They fire up the bubbles machine again at home games when they score.

What on earth would happen if they tried that tomorrow if the Hammers notch???!

I just can't believe we are pandering to them.

And some people on here have said 'it's West Ham not Man Utd or Arsenal...' - why should that make a difference? I wouldn't want us pandering to those clubs either.

We are at home in an important cup tie....any chance of just ignoring the away team and making City fans feel wanted, valued and proud??

Instead it seems the club has made loads of us feel devalued and rejected....

No hiding behind a brand - who thought this was a good idea? If it was Cotterill who really thought of it then I think he owes an apology, if it was a salesman/marketer then move them somewhere else where they don't effect the match day experience - preferably another company.

Archived