IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well if the other teams want to bring their own bubble machine all they have to do is ask.

It doesnt make us look 'small' at all. trying to get repeat away fans is a hugely growing part of the better clubs, take Brighton for example, they have been known to get beers in from the local area of the away teams - suppose that too is tinpot?

Good business on the national stage showing class. This is going to be the most watched match (in terms of tv audience) at Ashton Gate for years and I for one have nothing against the club showing themselves off as class rather than the backwater football region which we are viewed as being now.

Whilst you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, may I respectfully say you are talking bull.

I am not having this. I feel that fans wIll get wound up and angry about this and it is likely to be a catalyst for trouble in what the police no doubt already regard as a high category match.

This can't happen.

Good business on the national stage showing class.  This is going to be the most watched match (in terms of tv audience) at Ashton Gate for years and I for one have nothing against the club showing themselves off as class rather than the backwater football region which we are viewed as being now.

Seriously?

Allowing a club to bring a bubble machine marks us out as "class"?

We live in hope Tom. It's something West Ham have never done before, which means IF true there is a fair chance it was BCFC/ Bristol Sports idea.

You can bet your bottom dollar it was. Suits trying to understand fans and, without a scooby, they mess it right up.

This is EMBARRASSING.

I am all for Bristol Sport and trying to create an inclusive atmosphere to grow support and revenues. But whoever made the decision clearly knows nothing about Bristol City culture. We aren't Brighton, we certainly aren't a plastic club like Reading, we are Bristol City, a fanbase respected for it's passion and hostility.

How can the management be that out of touch and deliberately try to prove that to be the case.

They are clearly not fans under the definition most of us would use.

They seem like old men at a nightclub trying to fit in.

Talking of "fitting in" .....punishment for whatever muppet thought this up is that they should be "connected" to the tube of said bubble machine when it is switched on.....

Shows a touch of class in my opinion.

Giving home fans a scarf and allowing away fans to use their bubble machine.  

When Arsenal (?) gave out free t-shirts to Wigan (?) fans it was seen as class not tinpot.

The only thing tinpot is the reaction of the supporters here.

Ah but it's in The Sun so it must be true.

Amazes me, some would immediately poo poo a snippet of news concerning a player who is signing here there or anywhere because it's in The Sun, but if it's anything to use to have a pop at the club it must be true, unfortunately there is an element on this forum who look for any excuse to have a moan.

If Bristol city won the Champions league, gave everyone a free season ticket and a fortnights holiday to a destination of their choosing the same old same olds would find something to moan about.

I'm not saying the club are beyond criticism, far from it, but what gets me is we are having one of the best seasons in ages and yet the same posters still do nothing but look for things to pick fault with.

No other paper quoting it other than the scum and they've so say quoted 'a Bristol City insider' - I call bulls**t

Not so Tom, among many others:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/westham/article4332926.ece

I have said many times before but a fundamental problem with current Bristol City is there are hardly any life long Bristol City fans in positions of authority and this is just further evidence.

Not so Tom, among many others:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/westham/article4332926.ece

I have said many times before but a fundamental problem with current Bristol City is there are hardly any life long Bristol City fans in positions of authority and this is just further evidence.

Sorry but this is just nonsense.

To say the club is run poorly on the back of allowing West Ham to use a bubble machine (in the same game that they provide free scarfs for 12,000 city fans) is unbelievable.

To answer someone's earlier post, i do not work for the club, but when so many of you get so irrationally wound up something as irrelevant as a bubble machine it does get you sympathising with what they have to deal with.

Bristol City fans are perennial moaners.

Totally stupid to agree to this request, suspect more to do with Bbc wanting some good tv theatre, not sure how some on hear make the jump in conclusion its all Bristol Sports fault and not bcfc who agreed.

Be surprised if Cotts would be happy

If true it is Bristol Sport's fault. They can say no.

Sorry but this is just nonsense.

To say the club is run poorly on the back of allowing West Ham to use a bubble machine (in the same game that they provide free scarfs for 12,000 city fans) is unbelievable.

To answer someone's earlier post, i do not work for the club, but when so many of you get so irrationally wound up something as irrelevant as a bubble machine it does get you sympathising with what they have to deal with.

Bristol City fans are perennial moaners.

It's the gesture, not the machine.

Any time Bristol Sport have vacancies you'll be in with a chance. You talk their language.

Really hope this isn't true! We shouldn't be going out our way to help them. We should be doing absolutely everything to ensure we gain any small advantage we can, especially considering they are premier league.

To me it shows in a small way the influence the premier league has over everything and how it can be perceived that the football league is insignificant when compared with the premier league.

Not so Tom, among many others:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/westham/article4332926.eceI have said many times before but a fundamental problem with current Bristol City is there are hardly any life long Bristol City fans in positions of authority and this is just further evidence.

I can only find it in murdochs two rags, it was more hope that it was just them making it up. Still clinging on to that hope.

Archived