IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really hope this isn't true! We shouldn't be going out our way to help them. We should be doing absolutely everything to ensure we gain any small advantage we can, especially considering they are premier league.

To me it shows in a small way the influence the premier league has over everything and how it can be perceived that the football league is insignificant when compared with the premier league.

A bit like trying to be best mates with the bully.

We have to beat them, not befriend them.

Why is anyone shocked? a big game and we have totally embarrassed ourselves already.

But the thing is..is it a big game?  We've played West Ham and been in the same league not a million years ago.  It didn't exactly sell out quick.  Bristol sport are making it out to be the FA cup final. Surprised we've not had special suits made.

It's the gesture, not the machine.

Any time Bristol Sport have vacancies you'll be in with a chance. You talk their language.

Yes that would be the language of common sense.

fans are not the only stakeholder at a football club and when they are as irrationally emotional as ours they are bound to be upset every now and again.

Yes that would be the language of common sense.

fans are not the only stakeholder at a football club and when they are as irrationally emotional as ours they are bound to be upset every now and again.

Indeed - The fans aren't the only stakeholders at the club and management have the job of balancing the books etc.

But please don't suggest a bubble machine is necessary in any way. It won't bring in any more cash or raise our profile or do anything positive for the fans or the team.

The quote is along the lines of making it an occasion for everyone. I'm sure this is a football match not a family bloody wedding!

Well it should certainly provide an occasion for the stewards and the police.

This is wrong on so many levels. Why on earth would you provoke your own fans?

SC and the players must be going mental with the club baring its arse like this !

Anyone tweeted Stockhausen or Duerden?

Sorry but this is just nonsense.

To say the club is run poorly on the back of allowing West Ham to use a bubble machine (in the same game that they provide free scarfs for 12,000 city fans) is unbelievable.

To answer someone's earlier post, i do not work for the club, but when so many of you get so irrationally wound up something as irrelevant as a bubble machine it does get you sympathising with what they have to deal with.

Bristol City fans are perennial moaners.

And I am sorry but this is nonsense.

Bristol Sport asked last week how to make Ashton Gate a fortress and then totally contradict themselves with this.

And you have misquoted me, I am not saying the club is poorly run, I am saying there is a fundamental problem, in that the higher echelons, based on observation of act after act over many years, not just this, clearly have no real affinity with the fans.

You say you do not work for the club, are you employed by Bristol Sport then?!

• Admin

Who gives fx about there bubbles

It's us the fans who make our ground a fortress

Stop moaning and let's give them cockneys a real atmosphere get behind the team Load and Proud

Clearly the point has gone over yours and a few others heads!

Do you think ANY other club would do this?

The real question is why are we doing this?

This is fine .. we have a 10 sq metre bird cage full of food fed and arse fat Robins ready for release over the away section of the Atyeo at the same time before kick off.

The idea being that when 5hit falls and hits the bubbles there will be thousands of little white explosions painting the faces of the Hammers fans.. i believe this is going to be caught live on the TV cameras as Lary Gineker does his pre match introduction.

Sorry but this is just nonsense.

To say the club is run poorly on the back of allowing West Ham to use a bubble machine (in the same game that they provide free scarfs for 12,000 city fans) is unbelievable.

To answer someone's earlier post, i do not work for the club, but when so many of you get so irrationally wound up something as irrelevant as a bubble machine it does get you sympathising with what they have to deal with.

Bristol City fans are perennial moaners.

Please tell me your on a wind up.

THIS IS ******* FOOTBALL

There should be absolutely nothing friendly done or provided for any away club ever that would make the fans or players feel more comfortable or up for it.

This is a disgrace. Where the hell has all the hostility and aggression gone from football.

Hostile,unwelcoming, uncomfortable, I'm in hell and desperate to get back to the safety of my home should be how any away club feels when coming to Ashton Gate.

If it's true that we have agreed to such ridiculous request of playing another clubs anthem and allowing use of a wanky bubble machine then the person who has agreed to it should be held accountable and sacked with immediate effect as not only are they appalling at their job but will almost certainly cause a riot.

On the other hand, if this has been fabricated by someone at the club in order to fire up the locals then it might just be a very clever ploy but a dangerous one at that. I would add that no firing up of the locals is needed.

Weather true or not, Nick J has made a great point that proper fans from different back grounds must be involved at a high level with in the club. This is long overdue and I don't buy into the bull shit excuse the club has used to rebuff this topic in the past.

I've also read that we've employed someone to stand by the away dugout with a satin cushion covered in sticks of chewing gum, who is going to pop more gum in Fat Sam's mouth whenever he opens it.

Archived