IGNORED

We Are Not Blowing Bubbles Up West Hams Backside (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

Do we want bubbles  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Adam baker tweet almost contradicts what bs said - hence the "off the cuff" comment!

They'd be better off admitting they got it wrong and apologise I think.

Glad it's not happening but I found the explanation a bit undignified!

Exactly - the official line is they would have accepted the request if the spec was more suitable. That's bad enough, but Bristol City officials were confirming today that it was happening, which somewhat contradicts their statement.

You'd think they'd get their stories in harmony first.

This type of thing is going to happen again and again.

Exactly - the official line is they would have accepted the request if the spec was more suitable. That's bad enough, but Bristol City officials were confirming today that it was happening, which somewhat contradicts their statement.

You'd think they'd get their stories in harmony first.

This type of thing is going to happen again and again.

And they would have got away with it this time, if fans hadn't shown that this was something up with which they would not put.

This is not a West Country holiday for West Ham - it is a serious chance for City to reach the 6th round of the FA Cup.

And they would have got away with it this time, if fans hadn't shown that this was something up with which they would not put.

This is not a West Country holiday for West Ham - it is a serious chance for City to reach the 6th round of the FA Cup.

If you're gonna miss out rounds, you might as well have gone for final.

A few things:

1. If this is a genuine U turn then please learn from this. Gauge the true pulse of the fanbase and there is no problem everyone will respect each other.

2. If this wad really rubbish would've been helpful to got it rebuked quicker.

3. Let's move on and get behind the boys tomorrow.

4. One for the classics maybe :)

In their own words: "Late yesterday Bristol Sport confirmed that it had now received all the additional information that it requested on the specification of the bubble machine and would not be able to facilitate the request."

So, there you have it: from early this week until late on Friday night the idea was indeed being entertained!

What sort of person would even consider the idea and not dismiss it out of hand as soon as the request was made?

You've hit the nail on the head. This was going ahead until the club received the backlash from the fans. Now it's a case of everyone trying to deny any personal responsibility.

I've read some wet panted cobblers in my time, but this thread wins hands down. It's hard to know where to begin? Immediately siezing a rumour as gospel truth before leaping in 2 footed to blame everyone ever associated with the club? Having hysterics at the thought of bubbles being released at Ashton Gate? Bubbles people, they're not giving the away fans sniper rifles. Or maybe people claiming that a bubble machine, presumably that would be switched on at the start, not going continuously like some Ibiza foam party, is worth a 2 goal lead? Or people suggesting they wouldn't go to the game because of said bubbles? If any Wham fan is reading this I bet they're howling with laughter. 'Guess what lads, they're scared of bubbles, this should be easy....' Whatever happened to the attitude of, bring bubbles if you want it doesnt matter because we'll sing louder for longer. Bring whatever you like because theres 12,000 of us and if you want an atmosphere we'll give you one. You know, the sort of atmosphere that nearly collapsed the Dolman. Not getting all upset by the prospect of a few bubbles and treating it like it actually, really, honestly would make any sodding difference to anything. Jesus wept.

I've read some wet panted cobblers in my time, but this thread wins hands down. It's hard to know where to begin? Immediately siezing a rumour as gospel truth before leaping in 2 footed to blame everyone ever associated with the club? Having hysterics at the thought of bubbles being released at Ashton Gate? Bubbles people, they're not giving the away fans sniper rifles. Or maybe people claiming that a bubble machine, presumably that would be switched on at the start, not going continuously like some Ibiza foam party, is worth a 2 goal lead? Or people suggesting they wouldn't go to the game because of said bubbles? If any Wham fan is reading this I bet they're howling with laughter. 'Guess what lads, they're scared of bubbles, this should be easy....' Whatever happened to the attitude of, bring bubbles if you want it doesnt matter because we'll sing louder for longer. Bring whatever you like because theres 12,000 of us and if you want an atmosphere we'll give you one. You know, the sort of atmosphere that nearly collapsed the Dolman. Not getting all upset by the prospect of a few bubbles and treating it like it actually, really, honestly would make any sodding difference to anything. Jesus wept.

Yeah and if Everton were in town instead you would be welcoming the Z cars theme tune too.

Jeez, I detest modern day football fans. Where's the pride in club tradition gone, every club has identity, this is slowly and painfully being watered down and given away.

Lovely Dolly, I've been through the thread and I get it, I understand the frustation. My point was the (over) reaction to it. I often read, but rarely post, but this made me have to put my ten penneth in! The sort of reaction I would have like to have seen was more taking up arms a bit like this

Real Fans 1 Plastics 0

Now then SC, send our players out there and get the same result. COYRs

God this tough on an iphone! What i meant to add to te reply screech that it shouldnt matter. If Everton were here then no, I wouldnt want zcars playing, but it doesnt matter. It wont affect the atmosphere, that comes from the fans like tou say from pride in the club against all odds. For the record Im not a 'modern football fan' either. im (sadly) in me 40s. What Im trying to get at is that we should be bigger than anything that stands in our way, we're the fans, we're the atmosphere, we're the club!

Rumour?  Confirmed by Adam Baker.  People were absolutely right to get angry. 

God this tough on an iphone! What i meant to add to te reply screech that it shouldnt matter. If Everton were here then no, I wouldnt want zcars playing, but it doesnt matter. It wont affect the atmosphere, that comes from the fans like tou say from pride in the club against all odds. For the record Im not a 'modern football fan' either. im (sadly) in me 40s. What Im trying to get at is that we should be bigger than anything that stands in our way, we're the fans, we're the atmosphere, we're the club!

Faster backtrack than the club.  Fair play.

The thing is the tweets didn't actually confirm there would be any bubble machine in the first place.

"The manager wants an atmosphere and was more than happy to grant permission for one bubble machine"

"12000 scarves vs one bubble machine. I hope there will be only one winner there"

Neither tweet says there will be one, the first tweet goes along with the statement that says Cotterill "gave an off the cuff response that it could add to the atmosphere"

The other is simply adam saying he hoped there would be one winner if that's the case.

Tl;dr massive over reaction as per the norm on OTIB without even knowing the story

Wow, so it never was going to happen!

Some of you look a bit silly now after crucifying the club on this.

Yet another example of knowing the FACTS before shouting your mouth off.

I assume their will now be apologetic posts from many, retracting their venom against Bristol Sport and their attitude towards us fans...? No, of course not.

Wow, so it never was going to happen!

Some of you look a bit silly now after crucifying the club on this.

Yet another example of knowing the FACTS before shouting your mouth off.

I assume their will now be apologetic posts from many, retracting their venom against Bristol Sport and their attitude towards us fans...? No, of course not.

No, because it's quite clear that BS changed its mind retrospectively.

No, because it's quite clear that BS changed its mind retrospectively.

Where is that turn of events made clear. I'll choose to believe the official statements' explanation, rather than the uninformed, over excitable opinion of people on here.

Archived