IGNORED

Lessons Learned Today ?

Major Isewater

That they are as good a team as the league table suggests.

indeed the defence was excellent today, they kept wham down to one opportunity all game, of course class told for that opportunity being made and taken. The midfield worked tirelessly all game they harried so well, Matt Smith was a threat all game, Korey Smith was my man of the match, it was just the final ball from our two main creators Freeman and JET that was missing today IMO, but they both played their part in great overall performance, this is a very good BCFC team of that there is no doubt and with the right additions promotion is within their reach and with a few additions in the same mould as last summer, they can become a top 10 championship side IMO.

So message = going in the right direction, onwards and upwards.

That we need a quick striker who plays off the defenders shoulder. For me this is what we were crying out for today.

Yep, this. However well we played, it did come down to creating chances for Smith in the air. He did really well and was unlucky not to score, but needed some pace for some of those through balls.

Yep, this. However well we played, it did come down to creating chances for Smith in the air. He did really well and was unlucky not to score, but needed some pace for some of those through balls.

I agree. As good as Smith has been for us; I feel we are looking for him too much now. We need another option and become less predictable.

I thought he did very well today[/quote

Well I was only watching on TV so I may have missed it but he nearly cost us with a couple of mistakes early in the second half and I didn't see him doing much else.

But You don't get to see much of the wider game on TV.

In general it's been a great day and we've learned we're as good as the best.

That we need a quick striker who plays off the defenders shoulder. For me this is what we were crying out for today.

Yes - just saw Baldock do that to score the second Brighton goal against Arsenal

That OTIB will take any opportunity to whinge and whine despite having every opportunity to be proud of our team and club? 

Learned that well before today's game.

Edit: Just read Mr Bibs post. Memo to self - read whole thread before posting!

Archived