IGNORED

The Remaining League Fixtures...

Fordy62

It's fair to say that there isn't really too much of the season to go, so thought we could have a look at the fixtures that remain...

In previous seasons, I always like to have a go on the BBC league predictor thing and normal, through blind loyalty, irrespective of how we're doing in the league, I seem to find it pretty difficult to find games we're going to struggle in. This year it's especially difficult given that City seem to have converted me from a supporter that hopes to win, into a supporter that expects to win.

So here's what we have left (current league positions in brackets).

I like to think that by the time we get to April, we will have built ourselves up a lead of about 10 points, which should make the April games a little less daunting. On paper, March looks as if it should be a pretty prosperous month...

In true optimistic BBC predictor style, I have us getting 38 points from these remaining 18 games. Thus taking us to a finish of 96 points and surely top spot?

What do you think?

February

Port Vale (14)

Sheffield United (7)

Peterborough (10)

Colchester (21)

Doncaster (13)

Rochdale (8)

March

Orient (24)

Crawley (23)

Gillingham (17)

Crewe (19)

Barnsley (15)

April

Oldham (6)

Swindon (2)

Preston (4)

Bradford (9)

Coventry (20)

Chesterfield (5)

May

Walsall (12)

TBC

Yeovil (22)

Looking at how we've performed so far and what we have left, its hard to see us failing to make the top two. We are so consistent and strong all over the pitch. All we need to do is keep it steady. I think for us to fail, we'd need to have either a big injury crisis or something catastrophic like Cotterill being poached or a financial collapse.

MK Dons

Bradford (9)

Gillingham (17)

Colchester (21)

Peterborough (10)

Coventry (20)

Chesterfield (5)

Preston  (4)

Walsall (12)

Oldham (6)

Notts County  (16)

Doncaster (13)

Swindon (2)

S****horpe  (18)

Port Vale (14)

Fleetwood (11)

Orient (24)

Rochdale (8)

Yeovil (22)

Swindon

Oldham (6)

S****horpe (18)

Crawley (23)

Bradford (9)

Crewe (19)

Gillingham (17)

Notts County (16)

Port Vale (14)

Doncaster (13)

Colchester (21)

MK Dons (3)

Vengeance (1)

Peterborough (10)

Rochdale (8)

Yeovil (22)

Walsall (12)

Preston (4)

Orient (24)

City

Port Vale (14)

Sheffield United (7)

Peterborough (10)

Colchester (21)

Doncaster (13)

Rochdale (8)

Orient (24)

Crawley (23)

Gillingham (17)

Crewe (19)

Barnsley (15)

Oldham (6)

Swindon (2)

Preston (4)

Bradford (9)

Coventry (20)

Chesterfield (5)

Walsall (12)

Yeovil (22)

Problem is, and I am sure the other main contenders feel this as well, is when you look at the lists at the moment, other than games between us, every game actually looks winnable! As has been said before, the team that actually gets closest to that will be the team that goes up. Chance now to knock the next three over at home - hopefully!

Swindons April looks terrible.

Top 2 will be decided in a week in April (till then it will continue to be close) we have Swindon/Preston and Swindon have MKD and us. Swindons games seem the hardest even this month Scunny,Bradford and Oldham will give them a battle.

6th April JUDGEMENT DAY PAYBACK DAY :shifty:

Without wishing to sound in the least pessimistic, the four away games in April are stinkers to put it bluntly.

Our away history at all four is poor to say the least. I know most on here do not consider this is relevant, but it is peculiar that some clubs are and continue to be places where the City do not do well. All of the April away games fall into this category.

So start saving your spare pounds for four long distance and very important away games.

No one has failed to go up automatically with 91 points since three points for a win was introduced. 19 games left, and on the season's form so far we should get W13 D4 L2. So if we keep playing as we have been, we should get around 100 points, which would equal our best ever post-war season in 1954. The fact is, it is ours to lose. We only need to maintain consistency to walk it. Doesn't matter what other teams do.

• Admin

OK, this is really annoying me. Just done a title run in on word, but OTIB doesn't like it. Can anyone help?

I've taken your remaining fixtures lists and analysed them some more. 

The following table breaks down the remaining opponents for each of the 3 leading candidates and in terms of top half & bottom half opposition we all have very similar numbers but interesting that, of our 10 bottom half opponents, we will face the entire bottom 6 sides...

Screen_Shot_2015_02_08_at_23_08_58.png

I then went on to analyse where home advantage would apply (ideally we'd face the top half teams at home and the bottom half away given an even split of home/away)....

Screen_Shot_2015_02_08_at_23_06_01.png

It may well turn out to be crucial that 6 of MK Dons' 9 games against top half opposition come away from home whilst City have home advantage in 5 of our 9 games against our tougher remaining opponents. In our games against bottom half teams, in the main, we have home advantage against the higher teams and travel away to the lower ones.

#sad #needalife #COYR

No one has failed to go up automatically with 91 points since three points for a win was introduced. 19 games left, and on the season's form so far we should get W13 D4 L2. So if we keep playing as we have been, we should get around 100 points, which would equal our best ever post-war season in 1954. The fact is, it is ours to lose. We only need to maintain consistency to walk it. Doesn't matter what other teams do.

I think it probably does matter what the other teams do.

Without wishing to sound in the least pessimistic, the four away games in April are stinkers to put it bluntly.

Our away history at all four is poor to say the least. I know most on here do not consider this is relevant, but it is peculiar that some clubs are and continue to be places where the City do not do well. All of the April away games fall into this category.

So start saving your spare pounds for four long distance and very important away games.

But i think that March could easily see us clear. Theoretically we are more than capable of winning every game in march. I know it doesnt work like that but im hoping to be atleast 6 points clear by end of march.

Archived