IGNORED

Pre Match Q&a

Bristol Rob

Certainly when there are people determined to pick any opportunity to wave their arms in the air and cry for the loss of identity and all that's wrong with the world with little or no evidence to support their claim.

He joined Stoke just before they pipped us to promotion back in 2008 and joined us from Stoke.

So should know a bit about running the business affairs of a club with passionate support and strong links to its local area.

Said it elsewhere and I'll say it here

Even I'm a tad scared that people are currently blinded by our league position and have therefore stopped worrying about the seemingly dangerous path our club is currently going down in terms of the type of fan it wants to see at our club.

There is space for everyone, the club would do very well to remember that, as its that type of fan that would still turn up and support the club when we aren't doing so well on the pitch.

I've been concerned for sometime that the current excellent situation on the pitch is shrouding deeply worrying aspects off it.

To have someone normally as measured and closely connected to the club as Dolly saying this is a wake up call.

I think it's positive that the meeting was held but the comments made, answers given (and not) and language used only serve to further concern me.

When anything is at its best its amazing what propaganda can achieve.

One Team

The former "Eastenders" must have priority on everything.

They should have the pick of seats, whilst reserving the right to complain about cost and make continual digs towards the club.

If you are lucky, then you should feel priviliaged to sit along side them, so stop your whining and be grateful that you may be allowed into "their" stand.

You appear to be in a state of deep vextation permanently in posts.

When you go to these fan meetings do you take off your angry head?

The former "Eastenders" must have priority on everything.

They should have the pick of seats, whilst reserving the right to complain about cost and make continual digs towards the club.

If you are lucky, then you should feel priviliaged to sit along side them, so stop your whining and be grateful that you may be allowed into "their" stand.

Were fans in the Three Lions yesterday asking for a great swathe of preferential treatment, or something altogether different?

Please don't shoot the messenger. :)

This isn't a new thing. It's been the case since before the EE was demolished. The new stand has something like 5 times the capacity of the current numbers of EE relocators, so it will all be fine

As Chivs stated, fans in the Atyeo realise that there will be enough seats, but why should we not have equal priority?

Fans from the Wedlock Stand and Williams Stand will, through the course of redevelopment, be temporarily moved. Fans from the Atyeo will be permanently moved.

I don't expect to be treated any better than any other supporter, but I don't want to be treated any worse, either. 

For what its worth, all i'm after is a reserved seat in a similar viewing position to my current one (At the back level with the corner flag). If other people want unreserved/singing/standing sections, they should get that too.

Be really interested to knowif anyone has asked the Bristol Polish community if they would be offended by the flag. Suspect not. Or are we feeling potentially offended for people who might be offended?

If I had to guess, then I suspect someone from the SAG who may have a vague knowledge of the word 'ultra' had it removed thinking it had violent connotations and then the Polish reason/excuse is their absolutely abysmal attempt at justifying its removal when they realised how utterly stupid they looked.

Everybody DaveL asked at the meeting agreed that they thought it was a good idea for the old EastEnders to have first priority (probably)

The priority was mentioned. Do not conclude that there was a consensus amongst those present who think priority, or another singing section is a good idea.

They will end up with what they want, a TV audience where everybody sits in their seat with a bag of popcorn. Pretty much what sport in the USA has always been.

I always thought it would be the prices that would eventually kill my interest in live football. But here was my start to yesterday.

Yesterday I had my own little run in with an Atyeo Robo-Steward, this highly trained hi-vis jacket pre-programmed safety droid refused to let me sit in an empty seat.

I waited until kick off to find 4 seats that were empty by the Sheff utd gathering, he asked me if I would find my Season ticket seat, I pointed out my seat was at the other end but I would prefer to sit somewhere differently, where there were at least 10 empty ones within 5 feet of where I was stood.

Robo-Steward went to line 1 of the health safety book and told me it was a sell out and I had to sit in my season ticket seat, even though there were as I say 10 empty ones right by me. He failed to smile, see common sense but offered line 2 of the set of rules and threatened to have me chucked out If i was to sit on one of those empty seats. Just in case I missed his slightly skewed humour I asked him again if I could sit in one of those many empty seats, line 1 was delivered again and I knew this time this safety humanoid was not programmed to acknowledge common sense.

Welcome to Ashton Gate.

Just as an example of what Safety Advisory Groups do...

They objected to the use of 'The Liquidator' at Wolves and West Brom...

Judging by your quotes from Wolves, we can expect 'Drink up thee Cider' to go as well. We can't have anyone singing 'we're going down the r*vers, to so the b**tards over' now can we?

Liquidator was Wolves' song and they banned it as it might incite trouble? Jeez!

Match of the day featured Crystal Palace fans openly displaying the word Ultra. Londons Polish community will not be outraged.

Other flags are also now considered offensive e.g A flag featuring the words WURZEL and LOYAL. Maybe its ironic absurdity is offensive.

Bristol Sport via Mr Billingham have been asked to form a narrative on what is now acceptable within Ashton Gate.

This is a joke right?

Can we all stop moaning about whose got priority to sit where and have a look at the real issues here, we are being given a sanitised, diluted product, proposed to us by suits and negotiated to by a wolf in sheeps clothing (puppet).

We need to stop bickering amongst ourselves, and at least wiggling our proverbial bums before the monster dick that is Bristol Sport well and truly bums us into the prawn sandwich brigade they so clearly want.

Judging by your quotes from Wolves, we can expect 'Drink up thee Cider' to go as well. We can't have anyone singing 'we're going down the r*vers, to so the b**tards over' now can we?

Liquidator was Wolves' song and they banned it as it might incite trouble? Jeez!

As of next season it'll be replaced by Drink Up Thee Tizer.

Sung by Coldplay....      :farmer:

If it wasn't so ridiculous Robbo, it might be funny. People actually get paid to come up with this crap? :grr:

Best order our foam hands eh! :mf_sleep:

That bloody elbow track doesn't help! Hardly gets you ready for battle.. The cynic in me sees that even as an attempt at neutralizing an atmosphere. Can you imagine when Swindon come here in April, 5 mins before kick off.. that pretentious dirge playing before the potentially biggest game all season. Kills off any hostile atmosphere.

Well the influence of these SAG's is quite concerning. Sound like a law unto themselves.

They can't seriously be threatening imposing sanctions on clubs if they don't stop playing an old reggae tune before kick off or ban flags with the word "ultras" on them.

My understanding is it's already happened KITR.  The 'Ultra' flags were removed at the West Ham game, I think.

They will end up with what they want, a TV audience where everybody sits in their seat with a bag of popcorn. Pretty much what sport in the USA has always been.

I always thought it would be the prices that would eventually kill my interest in live football. But here was my start to yesterday.

Yesterday I had my own little run in with an Atyeo Robo-Steward, this highly trained hi-vis jacket pre-programmed safety droid refused to let me sit in an empty seat.

I waited until kick off to find 4 seats that were empty by the Sheff utd gathering, he asked me if I would find my Season ticket seat, I pointed out my seat was at the other end but I would prefer to sit somewhere differently, where there were at least 10 empty ones within 5 feet of where I was stood.

Robo-Steward went to line 1 of the health safety book and told me it was a sell out and I had to sit in my season ticket seat, even though there were as I say 10 empty ones right by me. He failed to smile, see common sense but offered line 2 of the set of rules and threatened to have me chucked out If i was to sit on one of those empty seats. Just in case I missed his slightly skewed humour I asked him again if I could sit in one of those many empty seats, line 1 was delivered again and I knew this time this safety humanoid was not programmed to acknowledge common sense.

Welcome to Ashton Gate.

Them rules and regs are difficult to understand seeing as they change everyday and depending whether they got their leg over or not, the same day

My understanding is it's already happened KITR. The 'Ultra' flags were removed at the West Ham game, I think.

Yes I know, but Billingham said yday that decision would be reviewed.

What can this SAG actually do if City were to continue to allow flags displaying the word ultras be brought into the ground?

My guess: **** all.

Yes I know, but Billingham said yday that decision would be reviewed.

What can this SAG actually do if City were to continue to allow flags displaying the word ultras be brought into the ground?

My guess: **** all.

Given that the council are envolved and we need a safety certificate from them, I would say we have to take them slightly more seriously.

Archived