IGNORED

Pre Match Q&a

Bristol Rob

I'm a regular up the Lions and it was far busier than normal at that stage because of the meeting. That said, from what I saw, most people in the pub (2/3rds) were there for booze, rather than the meeting.

I support all fan initiatives to engage the club, and I always enjoy the Lions, but the meeting was a bit of a let down: couldn't hear a damn thing from supporters or DL/AB, even with the microphone. The chat was drowned out. Unless you were stood right at the front you had no chance of knowing what was being said.

Yes far busier as expected, which is why Mr D decided earlier in the week thought it would be a good idea to get the microphone out.

People who proposed / organised the meeting, organised being a loose term there have frequented the pub for over a decade. We could see without a register who was who. There were people who were not known amongst those also from Somerset, Wiltshire and the Midlands who asked questions.

It was not ideal, but no let down. Mr Billingham left agreeing to review, get back .. rather than nothing at all.

It is difficult to interpret it in any other way. Unless we are to believe that the SAG met informally at some unspecified time prior to the West Ham match and considered what the appropriate action should be if a flag bearing the word 'ultra' was ever to be displayed at the ground and what impact that might have on the Polish community.

It certainly remains confusing, which is why I have asked for clarification.

So the possible explanations are:

1. Extraordinary prescience

2. Somebody is not telling the truth.

Looking forward to the clarification.

I dont think there was any great consipiracy. The SAG members are probably in attendance on match days, seeing their mandate is safety advice for any potential problems. The informal meeting probably went something like 'I dont like that flag' 'Ok we'll take it down then'.

Now it would appear that after the ambush, sorry Q & A session on Saturday ;) that they have taken your concerns on board and are reviewing them. At least give them a chance to respond :shifty:

So the possible explanations are:

1. Extraordinary prescience

2. Somebody is not telling the truth.

Looking forward to the clarification.

How long does it take for all concerned to agree their stories?

A few minutes to agree to an ad hoc meeting to remove an inoffensive flag, but almost 2 weeks for "Fans Liaison", BCFC and Bristol Sport to concoct an excuse?

Come on lads you can do better.

I'm behind the general BS strategy but, similar to others, becoming increasingly alarmed over how it's being implemented. No comment I've read on this thread from the Q and A session eases my fears that the 'Americanisation' of our Club is nothing other than a real and direct threat.

It is now blindingly obvious that 'Bubblegate' and the flag issue are the tip of the BS iceberg. Those decisions were, and remain, an absolute, utter joke. Rather than on a daily basis coming out with another bizarre justification for the actions, why don't the Club just apologise, say it got it badly wrong and move on. When you're in a friggin hole, stop digging!

BS suits need to undertake a total review of the BS implementation strategy - assuming any coherent strategy currently exists that is. They need to make the East Enders (of which I'm no longer one) a key element of that strategy, rather than trying to alienate them. For me and many others, it is they that make the Club feel special, different, unique - without them we just become another plastic club in the football pyramid. It is those who do the artwork, fly the flag, do the organisation, make the noise that give me a true sense of belonging and togetherness. It's been that way for 40+ years. For a lot of us 'brand loyalty' relates as much to the East Enders - old and new - as to the Football Club, however many millions are pumped in, however many suits employed or scarfs given away.

BTW sorry about use of the term 'loyal' ... Jesz!

How long does it take for all concerned to agree their stories?

A few minutes to agree to an ad hoc meeting to remove an inoffensive flag, but almost 2 weeks for "Fans Liaison", BCFC and Bristol Sport to concoct an excuse?

Come on lads you can do better.

For someone who calls their criticism constructive and others childish...

For someone who calls their criticism constructive and others childish...

No, it is a question. I am calling into question the ability to call a meeting at less than 45 minutes notice - allegedly - but unable to explain its decision over 2 weeks afterwards.

What  is your view on that?

It is difficult to interpret it in any other way. Unless we are to believe that the SAG met informally at some unspecified time prior to the West Ham match and considered what the appropriate action should be if a flag bearing the word 'ultra' was ever to be displayed at the ground and what impact that might have on the Polish community.

It certainly remains confusing, which is why I have asked for clarification.

Was this clarification received?

• SC&T Board Members

Was this clarification received?

Not to my satisfaction, no. But as the wheels are now turning and a clear policy is promised, i'm inclined to let sleeping dogs lie. There's nothing to be gained from hounding somebody into admitting they got it wrong.

Let's see what the formal, clear, unambiguous policy says.

Not to my satisfaction, no. But as the wheels are now turning and a clear policy is promised, i'm inclined to let sleeping dogs lie. There's nothing to be gained from hounding somebody into admitting they got it wrong.

Bristol Sport have stated regarding another topic they will look at it after the season ends. Fans flags have been linked to racism and fascism. That can include the effort of children as pointed out to Mr Billingham.

What is the timescale?

What is the timescale for forming this clear, unambiguous policy and how will it be created?

there is a design for flag for the dolman possibly for this season waiting. when will this poicy be out?

The Supporters Trust are not the fans who were linked to fascism and racism.

Its over a month since the West Ham game, and over two weeks plus since the Q&A at the Three Lions.

What is the timescale for forming this policy and what will the process be?

Archived