IGNORED

Useless Hyped Up Managers .

Major Isewater

https://mobile.twitter.com/alansavailable

Good , Bad , or Indifferent, according to OTIB there is one manager who stands out as decidedly more accommodating than all the rest put together, he's got flats and apartments everywhere (prospective tenants should in first instance leave a message at the Avon Gorgeous hostellry for 'Llewellyn Charles' )

Mr Curbishley will call you back :)

Michael Appleton. Seems to walk into jobs despite not even being around at a club long enough to do much. In fairness, he was at two rapidly sinking ships in Portsmouth and Blackpool though.

This is a good shout, it amazes me how he's getting jobs on the basis of no real success.

It's not fashionable to compliment him on here, but Holloway has two Premier League promotions on his CV. It's a lazy cheap shot to call him a serial failure.

Ok,firstly ,i did credit him with his work at Blackpool .

I think he was fortunate to land the Palace gig and did just enough to see them over the line .

If you can argue that he is not a "serial failure " then i will give it you but what is not in question is the fact that he is "overhyped ".

Thanks for your contribution Mrs Holloway .

Ok,firstly ,i did credit him with his work at Blackpool .

I think he was fortunate to land the Palace gig and did just enough to see them over the line .

If you can argue that he is not a "serial failure " then i will give it you but what is not in question is the fact that he is "overhyped ".

Thanks for your contribution Mrs Holloway .

He's managed 7 clubs and achieved promotion at 3 of them, plus took another one (Rovers) to the play-offs.  That's a reasonable record that compares to most managers in the league - success at some places, less so at others.  Overhyped maybe, but hardly a serial failure.

I think that Redknapp, Warnock and Holloway were all very good managers at one point but I wonder if they've all been left a little lost by changes in football that mean that data and the concept of 'marginal gains' become ever-important and where the managers who adapt to and exploit this gain advantages that leave the traditional manager who simply picked a team on instinct and relied on motivation alone behind.  You can't knock any of their records in the past too much but I wonder if the modern game has left them behind.

I also wonder if this actually says a lot about Cotts who started as a promising manager, stagnated over his time at Burnley and became a bit of a journey man at Portsmouth and Forest and then seems to have gone away from management for eighteen months, learned a great deal during that time and proved to have become a far better manager than the one we were expecting.  I think that shows that, if Holloway can prove is hungry and wants to learn to improve, he could still come back and do a good job somewhere.  But, if he just wants to rely on his tries and tested methods, I suspect he'll get similar results as he has at Millwall.

Karl Robinson

Danny Wilson

Stuart Pearce

Neil Warnock

Di Canio

Not so sure about Neil Warnock, at least he's had a number of promotions in his career.

I recently read his autobiography, quite an interesting read to hear what he's had to deal with.

He's managed 7 clubs and achieved promotion at 3 of them, plus took another one (Rovers) to the play-offs.  That's a reasonable record that compares to most managers in the league - success at some places, less so at others.  Overhyped maybe, but hardly a serial failure.

Thing is with Skeletor (like Colin) is it's all about gert team spirit, siege mentality and being bitter underdogs. Combined with him being a supposed character this only gets him so far and leaves the club's he leaves in a mess (see R*vers, Leicester, Plymouth, Blackpool, Millwall). He also left Plymouth a week after saying he wouldn't and challanged Leicester fans to a fight in the car park. So much for unity, eh?

So not quite a serial failure but certainly a Grade A**** and a fraud to boot.

Warnock has achieved promotion with 5 different clubs.  Are we basing these responses on fact or people we just like to hate?

Ok maybe I'm being a tad unfair.. of late he's not been so great.

Archived