IGNORED

Useless Hyped Up Managers .

Major Isewater

Paul Buckle is an over-achiever in terms of jobs and under-achiever in terms of results.  He had one good season at Torquay, but the rest is poor. I suppose the best thing about him was his time as  Rovers' manager when he signed approx 15 players. This accelerated their slide to oblivion. 

Paul Buckle is an over-achiever in terms of jobs and under-achiever in terms of results. He had one good season at Torquay, but the rest is poor. I suppose the best thing about him was his time as Rovers' manager when he signed approx 15 players. This accelerated their slide to oblivion.

Leave Buckle alone ,he did an excellent job at the Gas .

This, this and this again.

Never should O'Dismal be allowed near a football team again.  The same could be said for Steve Coppell although he did have some early success.

Copout got Reading promoted with a record points tally and guided them to what was it? 8th the next season, also with Crystal Palace he signed Ian Wright from non league, got them to the cup final and kept them up for 4 seasons after promotion. 

granted he has a few relegations in their but by no means terrible.

He's managed 7 clubs and achieved promotion at 3 of them, plus took another one (Rovers) to the play-offs. That's a reasonable record that compares to most managers in the league - success at some places, less so at others. Overhyped maybe, but hardly a serial failure.

Fair dues, but he is one ugly bastard.

You're right.  Over the years, Gary Johnson has had very little success as a manager.  Has he ever taken a club to promotion?

Two decent seasons at City before getting found out.

Three decent seasons at Yeovil before he ran out of ideas and then got found out.

No succes at Posh or Northampton in fact was sacked from both and more recently sacked again at Yeovil.

I rest my case......

Three decent seasons at Yeovil before he ran out of ideas and then got found out.

No succes at Posh or Northampton in fact was sacked from both and more recently sacked again at Yeovil.

I rest my case......

Did well at Posh before getting the boot.

I'm not Johnsons biggest fan either but he did a decent job with both City and Yeovil... seems a more short term success manager with no long term goal for the benefit of the club. The scouting network was a total joke

What are you his stalker ? I have not followed his career as closely as you and i have already said that my description as a "serial failure" is open to argument and i respect your opinion .

If 5 minutes on Wikipedia makes me his stalker then, yes, I'm his stalker.

And you invited me to argue that he was not a serial failure - that's all I was doing.

I rest my case......

He definitely can't match you in imaginary football management.

I rest my case......

you have no case in the first place, does he still scare you?

I'm not Johnsons biggest fan either but he did a decent job with both City and Yeovil... seems a more short term success manager with no long term goal for the benefit of the club. The scouting network was a total joke

Spot on. Jobs for the boys (literally), not forgetting his taxi driving brother. One of his main aims seemed to be making sure the forum was onside via Yessir his brother. In some ways he gave us great times and in others it was one of the biggest Mickey Mouse periods in the club's history.

But still a good Manager for a lower league club looking for a short term fix.

Saying he did a 'decent' job at City is doing him a huge disservice. He took us to within one match of the Premier League!

Archived