IGNORED

Useless Hyped Up Managers .

Major Isewater

Warnock has achieved promotion with 5 different clubs.  Are we basing these responses on fact or people we just like to hate?

Warnock is a great manager at getting teams into the Prem. However he also has one of the worst win percentages in Prem history. Too good for the Championship not good enough for the Prem. So to that degree he is over rated by Premier league chairman.

He's managed 7 clubs and achieved promotion at 3 of them, plus took another one (Rovers) to the play-offs.  That's a reasonable record that compares to most managers in the league - success at some places, less so at others.  Overhyped maybe, but hardly a serial failure.

Not a serial failure but SOD had a better win percentage at city than Hollowhead had at Millwall! Also one of those promotions with Palace, he took over when they were 4th and they finished 5th.... Not actually that great a feat.

AVB

Academica - Great

Porto - Absolutely superb

Chelsea - Generally considered a failure but very little time

Spurs - Highest PL points tally ever, went down hill, given no time to recover.

Zenit - Looking a shoe-in for a league title.

37 years old.

I've gotta disagree with you. He'll go on to be an excellent manager I reckon. Cast aside too early in his most difficult roles, which possibly came too soon for him.

Nigel Clough.

A tad unfair.  He did well at Burton over a period of time. He has subsequently consistently under-performed with the resources at his disposal but I don't think he has any relegations on his CV has he? Well, he doesn't really have much on his CV to shout about to be fair; he is one of those "I don't want him here although he won't be a total disaster" managers.  Overhyped for sure, but not totally useless, just totally mediocre.

• Admin

A tad unfair. He did well at Burton over a period of time. He has subsequently consistently under-performed with the resources at his disposal but I don't think he has any relegations on his CV has he? Well, he doesn't really have much on his CV to shout about to be fair; he is one of those "I don't want him here although he won't be a total disaster" managers. Overhyped for sure, but not totally useless, just totally mediocre.

He is keeping Sheffield United down in my opinion. Their cup success shows me he has the quality at his disposal when the players motivate themselves for the big games but for a run of the mill League 1 fixture he can't get them interested. His saving grace may be that playoff fixtures will be seen as bigger games by the players and they will motivate themselves. He is their Danny Wilson.

The self styled guvner, Paul Ince

I was going to suggest him, but he did miraculously save Macclesfield from relegation (my flatmate at the time used to lose his accumulator every week when they started winning, he still claims the credit for their escape) and get Franchise FC promoted. Has done less than nothing since though.

He is keeping Sheffield United down in my opinion. Their cup success shows me he has the quality at his disposal when the players motivate themselves for the big games but for a run of the mill League 1 fixture he can't get them interested. His saving grace may be that playoff fixtures will be seen as bigger games by the players and they will motivate themselves. He is their Danny Wilson.

Completely agree. Shared this same opinion with a Blade in work and he was having none of it. Strange.

Warnock?! Seven promotions on his CV.......

Yeah I reflected that was a bit unfair.. I was probably thinking recently appointments rather than his whole career (Leeds/CPFC)

Roy Hodgson - can't believe nobody mentioned this guy yet

What, the guy who has managed Inter Milan, won the Swedish League five times, the Danish league, moved Finland higher in world rankings than they'd ever been, took Switzerland to their first major tournament in over 30 years and who, I suggest Fulham fans might be thinking of rather fondly when they compare his time (top ten Prem finishes) with now in the bottom four or five of The Championship?

You don't read The Sun by any chance, do you?

He's managed 7 clubs and achieved promotion at 3 of them, plus took another one (Rovers) to the play-offs. That's a reasonable record that compares to most managers in the league - success at some places, less so at others. Overhyped maybe, but hardly a serial failure.

What are you his stalker ? I have not followed his career as closely as you and i have already said that my description as a "serial failure" is open to argument and i respect your opinion .

What, the guy who has managed Inter Milan, won the Swedish League five times, the Danish league, moved Finland higher in world rankings than they'd ever been, took Switzerland to their first major tournament in over 30 years and who, I suggest Fulham fans might be thinking of rather fondly when they compare his time (top ten Prem finishes) with now in the bottom four or five of The Championship?

You don't read The Sun by any chance, do you?

biggets-catfish.jpg

Archived