IGNORED

Atyeo Stand Proposal (From Monday's Fans Meeting 9/3/15)

cider head

Atyeo stand idea  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is going to be interesting and i can see a few dismiss it out of hand, but we were asked to go away and think it over.. :ph34r:

Atyeo stand Proposal from BCFC which had a lot of input from Steve Cotterill as he does not like the away fans near the tunnel and has asked for a switch round next season, with much of this taken on board from the supporters club and trust survey. Although the following idea was not expected to be offered and surprised a few in the room..

That in mind the club's proposal is to move the current set of fans which is family oriented to another section of the ground (unless those in the Atyeo want to get involved) and then giving the opportunity for former Eastenders (current Williams E&F or whoever is interested in that type of support) to have first dibs in the stand and seeing it will be empty to go and stamp their mark on it.

I know this is no Eastend of a stand but i guess the space is now being offered in the same set up next to away fans and much more room for flags.

If fans take up the offer then and it works out then the chance to stay there and make it more of the fans home could be made more permanent..

The acknowledgement that calling anything a singing section is a no, no, fans offered to make up a name??.. no south stand though that is not going to be a singing section now this idea is offered out, it also was said of concerns about it's rake at the back for standing without rail seating....

The tolerance for standing given in the Atyeo area with unreserved seating/standing offered.

Price of the section in the Atyeo to reflect the current Williams and former Eastend. NOTE: This was not asked for at the meeting...

Room for kids to roam around the front of the stand and a flag box area offered like the EE.

Temp bar offrered and a chance to make the area the fans own,,.

The Dolman was said to be no to tolerance for standing and unreserved seating and not good for the Eastend ethos due to it;s rake etc..

In the near future there will be a Williams stand consultation meeting about relocation.

Plans for season ticket info for next season to be out next Monday..

I know we have had our downside about the Atyeo in the past but this could be the best scenario to get back some of what was once done in the Eastend and for me freedom to move around, i find the Williams stand too claustrophobia..

Well that is what is on offer and the club bods at the meeting said go away and have a chat and think about it..

This is NO Eastend granted but then we have NO Eastend....THOUGHTS?...

A ROUGH IDEA HOW IT COULD WORK as city fans would need to be around the tunnel like Steve cotts would like?

atyeostandplan%20copy_zpsfwpyc0t2.png

Some notes passed on to me from monday night.. Probably not quite everything, but a reasonable record.

• Solution is the Atyeo corner to the left as you look at it by the tunnel and around the tunnel (Cotterill influence).
  • Away fans to the right nearest the Dolman. Segregation in between (somewhere between 14 seats or less?)
  • Away allocation hoping to be with dispensation for building work. 8% (1,250 out of 16,000)
  • 1,200 available out of 1,381. 200 of which will be held back for non-season card holders
  • Atyeo holds 4,200, so there is going to be a gap for segregation, big george flag?.
  • Previous East End ST's get first dibs
  • Area will see a relaxed view for standing. Not tolerated anywhere else in the ground.
  • Can use flags on basis that whole area will house like minded people
  • Flags not to be offensive. "Ultra" is fine. That was a mistake to ban it
  • Dismountable art boards on back of stand is fine. Storage is an issue but fans to work out, Dismountable due to rugby but negotiable.
  • Flag storage box is fine.
  • Club will look to beef up facilities like a Cider bar for this section.
  • The section needs a name other than singing section fans can help here.
  • This part of the ground will be the least expensive tickets, not because anyone present asked for this specifically.
  • Pointed out that these 1,200 won't have access to the new parts of the ground and therefore, not encouraged to change drinking habits.
  • Pointed out that Supporters Club & Trust members would not be able to access the designated bar if they had tickets for the Atyeo.
  • Pointed out that it will be difficult to shift fans at the back of the South Stand if safe standing ever became a reality (which they committed to).
  • Season ticket announcement on 16th March, start selling a week later on priority basis. Also announce consultation meetings with each stand.
  • Standing at the back of the South stand not possible without safe standing because of the 27% rake.
  • Dan Ward says that statistically higher chance of injury through standing if higher than 25%. Atyeo rake is 23%.
  • Also maintains that statistically higher chance of trouble due to standing.
  • Over use of Bristol Sport logo and name due to sponsors buying in to a wider proposition; a device to get corporates spending money.
  • German model quoted with corporates subsidising other ticket prices.
  • Point was made about priority going to rugby fans over POTD City fans.
  • Fans asked for clear policy on flags, but not as strict or long as Wembley.
  • DL has asked for two representatives to liaise with him and Dan about match day activities.
  • Club will look at allowing flags where currently Bristol Sport banners are for the rest of the season.
  • Explanation about Bristol Sport managing the stadium re-development and driving revenues from it is fine. Does not concur with previous versions of "Bristol Sport are running the operations of the football club".
  • Reiterated that the football club identity would not change.
  • Ground ownership was discussed and a debate ensued about the risk of life after the Lansdowns under various scenarios.
I think some of these points can be negotiable IF the offer is taken up (although i can't see where else
in the ground allowing freedom/standing etc...

Pointed out that these 1,200 won't have access to the new parts of the ground and therefore, not encouraged to change drinking habits.

Pointed out that Supporters Club & Trust members would not be able to access the designated bar if they had tickets for the Atyeo.

fans should be allowed in to the other parts of the ground as it a use of the concourse rather than going in to a seated area.

Let's not create a them and us on what parts of a concourse fans can or can't use ;)

I like this idea. I was in a minority but thought the Atyeo should be the new home end with away fans pushed into dolman a and b.

Always thought the placement of Away fans was a totally odd choice right next to the tunnel.

I hope one day they redo the Atyeo into the proper home end many of us want, unique and not part of the bowl.

So the new South Stand will house all the Families and any Williams relocators who don't want to move across to the Dolman? Basically the South Stand will be the family stand or ex Atyeo'ers who don't want to be in with the ExEastnders?

So the new South Stand will house all the Families and any Williams relocators who don't want to move across to the Dolman? Basically the South Stand will be the family stand or ex Atyeo'ers who don't want to be in with the ExEastnders?

I think for next season while the Williams is knocked down the temp corporate section will be in the corner of the South stand / Williams and the other side will be the community trust corner, which will kids orientated so i guess the thinking is not to mix it up too much.

You can move where you want to but i doubt all other stands would be tolerant to the EE ethos.

I wonder if in the far future the new upper Williams will be used for away fans like at Newcastle leaving two ends behind the goal for city fans?

I think for next season while the Williams is knocked down the temp corporate section will be in the corner of the South stand / Williams and the other side will be the community trust corner, which will kids orientated so i guess the thinking is not to mix it up too much.

I wonder if in the far future the new upper Williams will be used for away fans like at Newcastle leaving two ends behind the goal for city fans?

Good point. Yes I can see how the club wouldn't want Eastenders sandwiched inbetween those 2 groups.

You can move where you want to but i doubt all other stands would be tolerant to the EE ethos.

I don't think the new Williams is set up for segregation. Its also unlikely to be used until the gates are 20k+.

I don't think the new Williams is set up for segregation. Its also unlikely to be used until the gates are 20k+.

Not sure how they would work it as it is yet to be built and could be worked in and it was said this upper section would be used as over spill.

But nothing set in stone it was just mentioned thats all.

Great. As good an outcome as anyone could reasonably expect.

Well done the Club and the supporters who sorted this out.

To be fair it was the clubs idea as i didn't expect them to give out this option at the meeting so a few were surprised (including the club and trust).

Now it is a case to see if fans want to use this section as they did in the Eastend?.

One thing is for sure the Manager wants home and away fans switched around next season.

Dont see why it wouldnt be.. Plenty of other two or three tiered stand's can be set up for segregation.. As others have said St james's and nowadays even the Stadium of light shove away fans up in gods. Granted will probably cost a bit to jig around the councourse up there and also segregate the lifts/walkway's to the upper tier but id be pretty sure it is all possible.

Makes sense if we start to get gates above 23k IMO.

Great idea, best one possible. For me it's the best chance there was to recreate to an extent the Eastend atmosphere! The right size stand as well so it will be packed every game rather than if it was the South Stand where there would not be enough like minded people to fill it.

Only concern is prices staying lower. This can lead to people going there purely for the cheaper price with no intention of actually joining in. However apart from that. Good job!

I said this should have happened beginning of this season but was told logistics of having away fans exiting route with Dolman stand users wasn't ideal. If I can find the communication then I'll post it.

I've never liked the away fans near the tunnel.

MM

It has not come from Supporters, or from consultation. It is totally club driven and unexpected. The Atyeo was not mentioned at the previous two consultations and was not on the agenda [ in e mail] for this one either.

What is important is that this is not used as a means of shutting down opportunity in other stands for ever i.e fan initiative is rejected as inappropriate anywhere but the discounted "singers" area.

As an outcome the worst part of the ground and worst facilities again after all the "engaging" rhetoric could be considered a mediocre outcome - The price reflects that.

Fans have been given a space, it may be beneficial to totally reinterpret that space and forget the past at the other end. BS could be open to new ideas, less edgy and not driven by anti Rovers/cider/terrace of old imagery/sloganeering. A case of out with the old in with the new.

• Over use of Bristol Sport logo and name due to sponsors buying in to a wider proposition; a device to get corporates spending money.
  • German model quoted with corporates subsidising other ticket prices.

Do they really expect people to believe that putting logos on scarves and buses is the best course of action to attract potential sponsors?

Can they explain how many potential sponsors were unaware of Bristol City, Bristol Rugby or Ashton Gate when "Bristol Sport" was created? And how many they expect to become fully aware of what Bristol Sport is all about (does anybody?) by this scarf-waving and bus-painting "marketing route"?

And what is this "wider proposition"? City and Rugby at Ashton Gate. And then a worthless basketball team that nobody will ever care about. Where exactly does this proposition become "wider" outside the groundshare?

In view of this, why isn't Ashton Gate Limited running the back-office and marketing tasks?

A lot of revenue at Ashton Gate will come from non-sporting events. How appropriate is it to promote Ashton Gate under the "Bristol Sport" brand for this?

When the Ashton Gate museum opens, presumably there will be marketing for this too. For an organisation as small as BCFC, is it really sustainable to have so many brands?

Oh, and how are sales going so far...? 

Then there's the "German model".  :facepalm:

They got rumbled on the "copying Barcelona" sketch so now they've moved on to Germany.

Shambles.

Never mind the East End, I feel the rebirth of the old Park End which was far more fun.

Definitely! No need to think of a name for that section, it's the park end! Great.

All credit to the club on this, seems like they've took on board criticism and listened and came up with a sensible idea.

Dont see why it wouldnt be.. Plenty of other two or three tiered stand's can be set up for segregation.. As others have said St james's and nowadays even the Stadium of light shove away fans up in gods. Granted will probably cost a bit to jig around the councourse up there and also segregate the lifts/walkway's to the upper tier but id be pretty sure it is all possible.

Makes sense if we start to get gates above 23k IMO.

What made me think this as an option for away fans was a quote by SL which has been posted around in the last few months, which BCFC/BS would have seen, this was when just the old Eastend was to be replaced.

Yes it was made in 2007 but you never know.

Supporters Trust Meeting with Steve Lansdown 10th October 2007

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news/article000384.shtml  link now not working (stu can you have a look?)

Q. What are the plans for supporters in the redeveloped East End and will there be any unreserved seating areas?

SL. I wanted to make the Atyeo completely unreserved this year but I was persuaded not to because of the upset it might cause by asking season ticket holders to move. The redeveloped East End would become the new end for home supporters. No decision has been made about where away supporters would be located. I like the idea of having two home ends. The stand design is now agreed and there will be the chance for supporters to have a say in the finer detail.

Do they really expect people to believe that putting logos on scarves and buses is the best course of action to attract potential sponsors?

Can they explain how many potential sponsors were unaware of Bristol City, Bristol Rugby or Ashton Gate when "Bristol Sport" was created? And how many they expect to become fully aware of what Bristol Sport is all about (does anybody?) by this scarf-waving and bus-painting "marketing route"?

And what is this "wider proposition"? City and Rugby at Ashton Gate. And then a worthless basketball team that nobody will ever care about. Where exactly does this proposition become "wider" outside the groundshare?

In view of this, why isn't Ashton Gate Limited running the back-office and marketing tasks?

A lot of revenue at Ashton Gate will come from non-sporting events. How appropriate is it to promote Ashton Gate under the "Bristol Sport" brand for this?

When the Ashton Gate museum opens, presumably there will be marketing for this too. For an organisation as small as BCFC, is it really sustainable to have so many brands?

Oh, and how are sales going so far...? 

Then there's the "German model".  :facepalm:

They got rumbled on the "copying Barcelona" sketch so now they've moved on to Germany.

Shambles.

To be fair the Bristol Sport model/idea could be a meeting all on it's own so if you want to meet up with them the offer for that is there.

Yes you would expect a home player to enter/exit the field through his own fans.

Another idea re removeable banners etc. why do they have to be removed? Can they not just be covered over with the black netting stuff? This netting can be raised or lowered like a curtain. If not black netting then a flag like banner with the club crest on or something. This would save the hassle of everything having to be removed and put up again every match, and almost eliminate the need for storage.

Archived