IGNORED

Atyeo Stand Proposal (From Monday's Fans Meeting 9/3/15)

cider head

Atyeo stand idea  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the Atyeo fell silent when people started blaming the acoustics for the lack of impact. I am hoping that with the promised improvement in that in the South stand, those of us that go in there will be encouraged to provide more noise.

I don't think the people in there will be interested in making atmosphere. Also that would then make 3 areas and we'd be back to square one (before reopening the Eastend)

I think the Atyeo fell silent when people started blaming the acoustics for the lack of impact. I am hoping that with the promised improvement in that in the South stand, those of us that go in there will be encouraged to provide more noise.

Unless you count a zero tolerance policy on standing and allocated seating as being 'encouraged to provide noise' then I think the answer's no.

Why does it make a difference whether it's the Atyeo or the South Stand which becomes silent, by your logic?

away fans can usually be counted on to make some noise - so the away part of the atyeo will have some noise. Encouraging the city singing contingent to set up shop next to them means that its hardly likely that they will migrate to the South Stand. However, if you were to encourage the singing contingent to have a section of the south stand then that would mean that we would have noise generated at both sides of the ground.

I'll use two examples to illustrate this: Old Trafford  - what ever you think of them its quite noisy - home fans on the stretford end - away fans opposite (same at Anfield. Then look at the Etihad - away fans bang next door to the noisy home fans the self-styled new kippax. The rest of the ground is like a mortuary.

Next year we will have a single noisy singing stand (home and away), a building site and then the rest of the ground.

Would like to see away fans in the upper Williams and the Atyeo an all-singing/dancing nut house. Should safe standing be introduced, why not stick that in the Atyeo?

Totally agree with this.

With the addition of safe standing I think it could end up looking a bit like this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JNJVl0NJxXI/TsFwtuv5m4I/AAAAAAAAAME/oLTGTA4VzBg/s1600/DSCN0818.JPG

This is The Shay in Halifax where Rovers played the other week. I think that's what the Atyeo would look a bit like with safe standing.

away fans can usually be counted on to make some noise - so the away part of the atyeo will have some noise. Encouraging the city singing contingent to set up shop next to them means that its hardly likely that they will migrate to the South Stand. However, if you were to encourage the singing contingent to have a section of the south stand then that would mean that we would have noise generated at both sides of the ground.

I'll use two examples to illustrate this: Old Trafford  - what ever you think of them its quite noisy - home fans on the stretford end - away fans opposite (same at Anfield. Then look at the Etihad - away fans bang next door to the noisy home fans the self-styled new kippax. The rest of the ground is like a mortuary.

Next year we will have a single noisy singing stand (home and away), a building site and then the rest of the ground.

But either way you'd end up with one pocket of vociferous home support, so it makes little to no difference surely?

I'd prefer the South stand to become a new eastend. Noisy home fans - a wall of red based on Dortmond or whatever.

I thought Dortmond were yellow? I assume the colour change is to increase marketing potential in the far east. A real shame to see German football go the way of the premier league.

Archived