IGNORED

Atyeo Stand Proposal (From Monday's Fans Meeting 9/3/15)

cider head

Atyeo stand idea  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People know who you are, and what else you did . Not prepared to back it up anymore. You could fundraise for the next lot. Use those networks, that pull you claim to have but no.

Never claimed to have pull, that was totally made up by another poster.   You know that.

As people know who I am, isn't it courtesy to let people know who you are?.

Actually, I can't be bothered getting in a row, I'm too old and ill for that now.

I'll just put you on ignore, so I don't have to read your agenda ridden rubbish.

Fine ... As expected.

You can still take the offer up. Even if it is only for ten minutes, you can then decide if its all rubbish.

The only bothered paid more than this Atyeo section along with having restrictions e.g No under sixteens. The stand was not open for seasons. People bothered.

Now in contrast ... Get in the Atyeo. Back your assertions up. If you don't who will help fulfill all that possibility you "certainly think" the stand has? Stating that you might not use it is bizarre. You are an articulate lad, back your talk up and diy this time.

All the possibility I certainly think is that because of negotiations between the supporters of the club and the decision makers, an area for what is the former 'East Eastenders' is an achievable outcome. Where the area ends up being, I feel less passionately about than you. I did think the proposal of the Atyeo stand was workable, as a supposed majority think not then that defines itself.

Surely, it doesn't take a global summit to agree such a simple deal? If the consensus for the Dolman is so, then that's what the club should (and hopefully will) impliment.

I've seen it mentioned a few times now so just want to clear up one thing.

None of us who have the desire to get involved in these conversations with the club / BS have any desire, nor have ever requested that our tickets be cheaper.

In fact, most of us are quite the opposite. I do not like the fact that the cheapest tickets have been attracting people into this area who are there for price only and don't 'join in'. I'd happily pay extra to filter out those who are there purely for price.

However, what I would believe to be the case is this. The East End was cheap because it was, essentially, a shit hole. One I loved, but a shit hole nonetheless.

The Atyeo was then the next cheapest part of the ground. Dolman and Williams were then the next price categories up.

We all knew that once the new South Stand was built, it would become the best stand and therefore price would increase.

The fact that anyone being allowed to move to the Atyeo next season gets the cheapest ticket in the ground is only consistent with the way the pricing structure has been for 20 years since it opened. So it's not a debate that has any depth.

No one asked for it to be cheaper, many don't want it to be cheaper, but it is naturally the cheapest part of the ground anyhow and has always been thus.

Whether I go in there or not I don't yet know. I don't want it to be an area for 1200 where 900 of those in there are there for 'price' only. I want 1200 who will make the full effort every game. If I sense that this isn't going to be the case I will happily pay more to go elsewhere.

Bullet Point 3 - Certain people find it easier to hide behind their computers rather than do anything ever. Here is your opportunity to lead, you will provide excuses but the truth is T *** your apathy to never go beyond otib would not galvanise fans together.

Right, I have been awake most of the night on this one.

Has anyone else worked out what "T ***" stands for?

Can I have a vowel please Carol?

The Park End is the best option we have. I questioned getting another season ticket in the new South Stand due to it's distance to the away fans. E Block's atmosphere suffered this year due to the distance. Football's greatest trait for me is it's niggle, it's banter with opposing groups - without it, I wouldn't bother.

So just so I am clear what we are demanding, we won't stand for a team bus with the words 'bristol sport' on it, but demand to have how ever many separate coaches each with city fc, rfc, flyers, academy ladies, or tiddlywinks united painted on it?

Seems a fair demand to me, who cares about cost.

Right when do we March?

Coach as per ground, as per reality of the situation:

One coach. Two teams.

Therefore: two logos: Bristol City and Bristol Rugby.

Everything else is, and always will be, of absolutely no interest to anybody.

On the face of it a good idea.

However I belive that with the South Stand we need to start as we mean to go on.

My worry is by the following seasons habits would already have been formed by its occupants, and favoured seating areas found, making it awkward to then try and create an area to accommodate people from the Atyeo after next season.

Looks good but surely current Atyeo ST holders should have first dibs?

I don't like the idea that someone who used to sit in the east end has priority over me (who has been an Atyeo ST holder for several years) on whether or not I get a seat in the Atyeo.

I see what you're saying but to an extent everyone will have a bit of inconvenience from the rebuild - just the way it is.

I don't like the idea that someone who used to sit in the east end has priority over me (who has been an Atyeo ST holder for several years) on whether or not I get a seat in the Atyeo.

Substitute Williams for Eastend.

Sincere offer.

If its acceptable you can use somebody else's priority, you are right if anybody should take priority it is yourself to reflect your seasons of commitment.

Yes as a neutral I can see that under this proposal Atyeo ST holders HAVE to move whilst exEastenders are CHOOSING to.

Or are they? Were they only given the option of cheaper ST this season and after that the price was going up again to normal Williams prices. Not that there will be Williams prices next season, so yes the ExEastenders and the Williams people are all looking for places along with the Atyeo relocators.

Thinking of it the ends of the grounds re always cheaper than a side view. Next season we will only have one side view. Even allowing for possible promotion and bigger crowds will the 2 goalmouth ends have to be more expensive to balance the books? If you are going to have cheaper tickets in the Atyeo for home fans then don't you have to give away fans tickets of the same price? Unless you make it ST holders only which disregards the whole idea of unreserved and casual?

I can't see the new South Stand being more expensive than the Dolman, yes it is new and has better facilities but it's still an 'end' stand. So the Dolman will be the most expensive, south stand cheaper or on par with the Dolman and Atyeo cheaper still? So if all the Williams people move to the Atyeo or the South Stand the club will have less money coming in?

On the face of it a good idea.

However I belive that with the South Stand we need to start as we mean to go on.

My worry is by the following seasons habits would already have been formed by its occupants, and favoured seating areas found, making it awkward to then try and create an area to accommodate people from the Atyeo after next season.

Read that detail.

The Atyeo is a mild 23% rake safe and sound.

The South face 27% rake nailed on death trap to anybody giving it C'mmmm on uuuuu redds stood up.

The Atyeo will be to Bristol City what the Kop and Yellow Terrace is to Liverpool and Dortmund.

Looks like the Atyeo is for keeps. Always believe.

The season after next there seems to be the potential, at least, for the whole of the Atyeo to become a permanent home end.

At that stage the tunnel will have been moved to the Williams so many of the current facilities underneath the Atyeo would become redundant.

Would there then be sufficient space from all the vacated areas - old changing rooms, offices, whatever else is there at the moment. -  to create the desired new bar and display area under the stand?

WTMS - if there was sufficient space how would the above scenario appeal to you, and those whose views you represent on here?

Coach as per ground, as per reality of the situation:

One coach. Two teams.

Therefore: two logos: Bristol City and Bristol Rugby.

Everything else is, and always will be, of absolutely no interest to anybody.

Woah cowboy! Be careful there. I have seen people try to mess with the Tiddlywinks faction before and it didn't end well.

If you are quick and amend your post to add a demand for the Tiddlywinks logo to also go on the bus you might get away with it.

Thank me later.

I've seen it mentioned a few times now so just want to clear up one thing.

None of us who have the desire to get involved in these conversations with the club / BS have any desire, nor have ever requested that our tickets be cheaper.

In fact, most of us are quite the opposite. I do not like the fact that the cheapest tickets have been attracting people into this area who are there for price only and don't 'join in'. I'd happily pay extra to filter out those who are there purely for price.

However, what I would believe to be the case is this. The East End was cheap because it was, essentially, a shit hole. One I loved, but a shit hole nonetheless.

The Atyeo was then the next cheapest part of the ground. Dolman and Williams were then the next price categories up.

We all knew that once the new South Stand was built, it would become the best stand and therefore price would increase.

The fact that anyone being allowed to move to the Atyeo next season gets the cheapest ticket in the ground is only consistent with the way the pricing structure has been for 20 years since it opened. So it's not a debate that has any depth.

No one asked for it to be cheaper, many don't want it to be cheaper, but it is naturally the cheapest part of the ground anyhow and has always been thus.

Whether I go in there or not I don't yet know. I don't want it to be an area for 1200 where 900 of those in there are there for 'price' only. I want 1200 who will make the full effort every game. If I sense that this isn't going to be the case I will happily pay more to go elsewhere.

I was going to comment, but you've summed up my personal thoughts perfectly (and somewhat more eloquently than I would have managed no doubt..)

Will the Atyeo be all away fans when the stadium is completed?

That, for me, is the crux. Either the club need to commit to the Atyeo eventually being all home fans by placing the away support in Williams/dolman or this will just be a quick fix. Needs to happen like that otherwise it's a bit pointless.-

I have started following Bristol Flyers. It's of interest to me. You are wrong.

:facepalm:

Woah cowboy! Be careful there. I have seen people try to mess with the Tiddlywinks faction before and it didn't end well.

If you are quick and amend your post to add a demand for the Tiddlywinks logo to also go on the bus you might get away with it.

Thank me later.

I was completely unaware of the tiddlywinks team, Cyril. Is it a sport? If not, we will need a new uber-uber brand. How about "Bristol Sport and Leisure"? A hashtag will be needed too. How about #makingbristolproudandabittiddlywinky ? 

That, for me, is the crux. Either the club need to commit to the Atyeo eventually being all home fans by placing the away support in Williams/dolman or this will just be a quick fix. Needs to happen like that otherwise it's a bit pointless.-

This for me also. It all lies on the future position of away fans dosn't it really.

Archived