IGNORED

Atyeo Stand Proposal (From Monday's Fans Meeting 9/3/15)

cider head

Atyeo stand idea  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes you would expect a home player to enter/exit the field through his own fans.

Another idea re removeable banners etc. why do they have to be removed? Can they not just be covered over with the black netting stuff? This netting can be raised or lowered like a curtain. If not black netting then a flag like banner with the club crest on or something. This would save the hassle of everything having to be removed and put up again every match, and almost eliminate the need for storage.

Removal needed to use the seats at rugby, certainly next season and maybe thereafter.

Never been in favour of giving away fans a prime position behind the goal and having them directly above the tunnel has been nothing short of ridiculous.

For next season at least this way of splitting the Atyeo looks ideal, it's been shown to be a potentially noisy area.

The future in the completed rebuild should see City fans excusively behind both goals - having any away fans there diminishes home advantage, and many clubs have realised this and restored home fans to those areas accordingly.

Where will the away fans go? As far away from the action, and as far out of sight as possible.

With the Williams yet to be built it really shouldn't be difficult to tweak plans to accommodate them in the top tier which is unlikely to be a popular area for City fans anyway.

How many will the Williams top tier hold?

Removal needed to use the seats at rugby, certainly next season and maybe thereafter.

Oh right. I thought the artwork and banners were on the walls at the back of the stand not the seats? Anyway I thought the Rugby fans stood?

Great idea, best one possible. For me it's the best chance there was to recreate to an extent the Eastend atmosphere! The right size stand as well so it will be packed every game rather than if it was the South Stand where there would not be enough like minded people to fill it.

Only concern is prices staying lower. This can lead to people going there purely for the cheaper price with no intention of actually joining in. However apart from that. Good job!

What so if you are elderly, deaf, half blind or simply do not want to sing you gotta pay more? I think you should re-word your remark there fella.

Anyway, the club would never have that area as solely the cheapest in the ground for the very reason i point out... would they? No surely not.

Let's give the club some credit for this. It's not perfect but it's probably the best given the circumstances with the ground redevelopment. I know some fans don't like the Atyeo stand, but the Wedlock's gone, and it's not coming back. It sounds as though the club will take a relaxed attitude with the Atyeo, which is what many fans want.

What so if you are elderly, deaf, half blind or simply do not want to sing you gotta pay more? I think you should re-word your remark there fella.

Anyway, the club would never have that area as solely the cheapest in the ground for the very reason i point out... would they? No surely not.

The current Williams singing section was tagged that by the club not fans. It was not a helpful description.

Those who will actively be backing this discounted Atyeo section need to clearly define what their intent is. The move into the Eastend in 2007 was about more than atmosphere. It was about being inclusive - Many would have started as fans with Uncles and Grandads taking them into the Eastend.

It may be of more benefit to forget reference to that stand in 2015. Time to move on.

This seems to be a major change in direction, so is this proposal being communicated to all supporters or just those who use OTIB.

This plan should state what is to happen for next season, but also for future seasons.

As it looks to me; Bristol Sport have consulted with supporters, have put forward a proposal for supporters to go away and mull over, otib is being used as one utensil to canvass opinion and then the generally accepted view will be put back.

The approach is classically technocratic but I have to say, for one who has been outspokenly worried about the new (BS) model, it really is warming my ice.

Think we have to accept that the Bristol Sport brand is for potential cooperate investors (which will be to the benefit of the club). Bristol Sport working with supporters is looking to me like a positive swerve (to use their language).

They have made gaffs, but they seem to be understanding that and putting things right.

Have to say I'm impressed by that.

As an outcome the worst part of the ground and worst facilities again after all the "engaging" rhetoric could be considered a mediocre outcome - The price reflects that.

Unfortunately that remark may come over as a bit petulant and spoilt to any of the many Atyeo season ticket holders who will be moved out to accommodate this section and who have always paid a higher ticket rate.

I know fans have not asked for discounted tickets here, but the club are offering them for seats in a stand that is hardly non-league standard where facilities will be improved further.

If they could throw in free beer and chauffeur transport to and from games would it make it more acceptable, or is that irrelevant because the club/manager thought of the idea, not you...

As it looks to me; Bristol Sport have consulted with supporters, have put forward a proposal for supporters to go away and mull over, otib is being used as one utensil to canvass opinion and then the generally accepted view will be put back.

Define consultation? It should be two way dialogue. This was not mentioned at the DEH, 3 Lions or at any consultation in the last two years. Everything has been rejected unless it fits within the BS idea, or has it? Who knows. Nobody.

It can't be cheaper than it is now, unless the rest of the prices around the ground don't increase? I am expecting a rise in prices (especially if promoted) and with this in mind prices for this section will then perhaps remain the same as this season?

Whatever happens it will have to be quick decision won't it, I thought details of next seasons ST's were due out soon?

Think we have to accept that the Bristol Sport brand is for potential cooperate investors (which will be to the benefit of the club).

[i assume you mean corporate investors.]

Was it suggested at the meeting that SL is looking for corporate investment (i.e. buying of shares) or corporate sponsorship?

Not being picky. Genuinely inerested to know. 

Define consultation? It should be two way dialogue. This was not mentioned at the DEH, 3 Lions or at any consultation in the last two years. Everything has been rejected unless it fits within the BS idea, or has it? Who knows. Nobody.

Is the question here 'who knows?' Or is it 'who cares?'

The club have proposed a relaxed singing/standing/ultra flag waving area in a stand that most closely resembles the old east end.

This during a period of redevelopment must be far better than most people hoped, so I don't understand the reluctance to embrace and celebrate this offer.

Short term I think it is a good move. But in the long run I would much prefer a "home end" where we are not limited by netting and change of rules for the cup. An end we can make ours and not share. 

Is this just for next season? 

What happens when Williams completed, capacity is higher and so away fans are allowed more seats?

Unfortunately that remark may come over as a bit petulant and spoilt to any of the many Atyeo season ticket holders who will be moved out to accommodate this section and who have always paid a higher ticket rate.

I know fans have not asked for discounted tickets here, but the club are offering them for seats in a stand that is hardly non-league standard where facilities will be improved further.

If they could throw in free beer and chauffeur transport to and from games would it make it more acceptable, or is that irrelevant because the club/manager thought of the idea, not you...

All the ideas there are plagarised off fans and shoehorned into just ONE section of the ground. The ideas discussed were for other stands not the Atyeo.

The reason no fans group did not propose turning that Atyeo section into a quasi singing [?] what ever it is based upon the same reasons prices will be higher at the other end. It will have the poorest view and poorest facilities. The discounted price must reflect that?

Last weekend Bristol City fans including those in their seventies, members of the Lansdown club saw facilities / ideas at a Dutch club that can enliven stands here. What is important is that the Atyeo is not used as mean to shut down fans initiative.

[i assume you mean corporate investors.]

Was it suggested at the meeting that SL is looking for corporate investment (i.e. buying of shares) or corporate sponsorship?

Not being picky. Genuinely inerested to know.

Appreciate this runs at deeper levels, I want to be actively supporting Bristol City FC and do not appreciate the team bus being paced in other crests (Bristol Rugby, Bristol Sport etc). I'm a City fan and that is all. Have full empathy for those who worry about the politics and people that have the emotional investment dating back to 1982 and beyond.

I suspect SL is looking for corporate sponsorship, to answer the question, but don't know that ;)

To be fair the Bristol Sport model/idea could be a meeting all on it's own so if you want to meet up with them the offer for that is there.

Another option is to have people actually replying to some of these written questions, in writing. If only there was a website or a forum for this, or a supporters' liaison officer with an Internet connection.

Anyway. I believe that a meeting between the SC&T and someone who can provide answers to all these BS-related questions is way, way overdue.

Appreciate this runs at deeper levels, I want to be actively supporting Bristol City FC and do not appreciate the team bus being paced in other crests (Bristol Rugby, Bristol Sport etc). I'm a City fan and that is all. Have full empathy for those who worry about the politics and people that have the emotional investment dating back to 1982 and beyond.

I suspect SL is looking for corporate sponsorship, to answer the question, but don't know that ;)

So the previous coach with no logo at all was better?

Another option is to have people actually replying to some of these written questions, in writing. If only there was a website or a forum for this, or a supporters' liaison officer with an Internet connection.

Anyway. I believe that a meeting between the SC&T and someone who can provide answers to all these BS-related questions is way, way overdue.

Yep some fair points.

All the ideas there are plagarised off fans and shoehorned into just ONE section of the ground. The ideas discussed were for other stands not the Atyeo.

The reason no fans group did not propose turning that Atyeo section into a quasi singing [?] what ever it is based upon the same reasons prices will be higher at the other end. It will have the poorest view and poorest facilities. The discounted price must reflect that?

Last weekend Bristol City fans including those in their seventies, members of the Lansdown club saw facilities / ideas at a Dutch club that can enliven stands here. What is important is that the Atyeo is not used as mean to shut down fans initiative.

There should be further questions asked on detail as i agree the Atyeo should not be used as mean to shut down fans initiative but part of a choice.

Archived