IGNORED

Atyeo Stand Proposal (From Monday's Fans Meeting 9/3/15)

cider head

Atyeo stand idea  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is the question here 'who knows?' Or is it 'who cares?'

The club have proposed a relaxed singing/standing/ultra flag waving area in a stand that most closely resembles the old east end.

This during a period of redevelopment must be far better than most people hoped, so I don't understand the reluctance to embrace and celebrate this offer.

So what was the point of having consultations at all?

Mr Griffiths and Mr Billingham both in person were asked questions about similar topics. Both did / could not answer them. The timescale leaves NO opportunity to explore the points previously covered.

This Atyeo section was not even on the agenda. Fans Monday would have been unaware of this.

At the 3 Lions consultation [?] fans sent Mr Billingham an agenda in advance of obvious questions. That was a courtesy.

So the previous coach with no logo at all was better?

I used it as an example of an erosion of BCFC's identity in compromise for Bristol Sport. No logo over Bristol Sport etc would be preferable, yes. A Robin and Bridge crest/coat of arms better.

Don't wish to derail this over semantics, though :)

I understand that the Ateyo holds 4,200. For an FA Cup game the away fans have to be given 15% of ground capacity. As of 2016/17 that will be 4,050. Who goes where then?

Can you explain why this Atyeo proposal was not included in the e mail invite sent out via the Supporters Trust?

I'm torn. I really like the idea, and I will go where ever the "singing" section is. However, I really wanted to sit in the new stand and try out the new facilities - but if there's no atmosphere there

This seems a good idea,but it doesn't mean that if you opt for the new stand you can't sing and make a noise. Hopefully plenty will.

I understand that the Ateyo holds 4,200. For an FA Cup game the away fans have to be given 15% of ground capacity. As of 2016/17 that will be 4,050. Who goes where then?

This is a good point. Obviously the chances of this are slim, when was the last club to bring 4 k in a cup game?

It appears from the responses on this thread that the vast majority who would be interested in this sort of area feel this is a good idea and certainly the best option available, providing pretty much everything that was requested to generate a home end and fan culture

Its no surprise that the certain 'vocal' detractors are still using this as a stick to beat the club with.

Surely how you get from A to B is irrelvant if you get what you wanted. You are now at B and have the opportunity to make it your own....

It appears from the responses on this thread that the vast majority who would be interested in this sort of area feel this is a good idea and certainly the best option available, providing pretty much everything that was requested to generate a home end and fan culture

Its no surprise that the certain 'vocal' detractors are still using this as a stick to beat the club with.

Surely how you get from A to B is irrelvant, you are now at B and have the opportunity to make it your own

Perhaps fans would also be interested in ideas like fans pop up bars in the Dolman concourse. This would also help make the stadium feel like your own. Where are we? Don't know. Maybe this is now only acceptable in the Atyeo.

Surely how you get from A to B is irrelvant, you are now at B and have the opportunity to make it your own.

No. Getting the best outcome does not come from a process that after two years ambushes fans with a proposal that has never been discussed, or open to scrutiny.

It is no end. Its a section. The price reflects what it is. Charge the same amount as the South stand and it would be empty.

• SC&T Board Members

Can you explain why this Atyeo proposal was not included in the e mail invite sent out via the Supporters Trust?

Which e-mail?

If you mean the survey, the option of having part of the Atyeo as the 'singing section' and/or area of unreserved was included in relation to next season. It was not included, however, for season 2016/17 onwards, as all communication from the club / Bristol Sport had until Monday night stated that the Atyeo would be used exclusively for away fans once the redevelopment was complete.

It is unclear to me at this point whether that remains the plan and this proposal is merely an interim one for next season.

How will a fan bar work? I assumed that excluding hospitality/corporate stuff, all of the new bars would be fan bars.

Being tied into Heineken make the bars less than independent and less than flexible with products, but Mr Billigham did show an interest in fan ideas around leasing / sponsorship - Dolman concourse.

Think of a pop up bar with City art / memorabilia that can fold away sponsored by fans in the Dolman concourse.

Being tied into Heineken make the bars less than independent and less than flexible with products, but Mr Billigham did show an interest in fan ideas around leasing / sponsorship - Dolman concourse.

Think of a pop up bar with City art / memorabilia that can fold away sponsored by fans in the Dolman concourse.

Sounds very much like every other bar, only with extra tat pinned up. I'd be much more likely to spend money on good quality food (if I was buying a beer, I'd go to the bar with the shortest queue, especially if they all sold the same drinks), any thoughts on a catering stand?

All the ideas there are plagarised off fans and shoehorned into just ONE section of the ground. The ideas discussed were for other stands not the Atyeo.

That's why they're not consulting with fans, they're 'plagarising' their ideas. Could you explain the difference to us please?

Which e-mail?

If you mean the survey, the option of having part of the Atyeo as the 'singing section' and/or area of unreserved was included in relation to next season. It was not included, however, for season 2016/17 onwards, as all communication from the club / Bristol Sport had until Monday night stated that the Atyeo would be used exclusively for away fans once the redevelopment was complete.

It is unclear to me at this point whether that remains the plan and this proposal is merely an interim one for next season.

The invite to Mondays meeting did not include reference to the Atyeo. It has been no part of consultation. It was not on the agenda.

It is unclear to me at this point whether that remains the plan and this proposal is merely an interim one for next season ... And it has taken TWO years to get to that point. No detail again nailed down. It is a theme.

This is a good idea. But I'm a bit confused, is this just for next season?

I thought, once the ground redevelopment was complete, that the Atyeo should be for away fans only! For the big followings (Leeds, Cardiff etc) having the whole end as the "away end" will maximise the ticket sales bringing revenue to the club. Also, I wouldn't want any of the away fans in the new sections of the ground causing damage to any of the nice shiny new facilities!

Ok for next season though, well done city/Bristol sport for engaging the fans and acting on the fans' views.

Perhaps fans would also be interested in ideas like fans pop up bars in the Dolman concourse. This would also help make the stadium feel like your own. Where are we? Don't know. Maybe this is now only acceptable in the Atyeo.

Surely how you get from A to B is irrelvant, you are now at B and have the opportunity to make it your own.

No. Getting the best outcome does not come from a process that after two years ambushes fans with a proposal that has never been discussed, or open to scrutiny.

It is no end. Its a section. The price reflects what it is. Charge the same amount as the South stand and it would be empty.

Its a section on the basis that's all that is available at this stage. The new south stand was/is meant to be the main 'Home' end but you, who may only speak for a few 100 people, have already decided you wont be going there.

You moan about a 'section' of the Atyeo being offered yet have been banging on for weeks about using blocks A&B of the Dolman.....whats the difference? Oh thats right, it not your idea so its not a "fans initiative".

Yet, the offer to have an unreserved, standing, singing, flag waving, banner laying section in the atyeo to allow fans to express themselves has been born out of fans initiative and consultation with the club. A consultation that was no doubt open, two-way, respectful and non-aggressive 

For me this is the perfect place for the away fans. Away from the tunnel and with the EE's and Dolman block B beside them, it will give an intimating effect on the away fans which is something we've always had until this season.

I'd welcome this with open arms!

That's why they're not consulting with fans, they're 'plagarising' their ideas. Could you explain the difference to us please?

Simple. Ideas have been linked to concepts which will not become reality and now demolished stands.

In this case club employees have listened to a degree, but only engaged with what they want.

No ends anymore, a section, ignore the bigger picture and tell them to stick up some removable art every two weeks, make sure its down in case its upsets the rugga.

A consultation that was no doubt open, two-way, respectful and non-aggressive

You appear to be making a post up again.

Can you point to where this idea was discussed with fans publicly by BS - BCFC in the last two years, excluding Monday?

Can you point to which consultations in the last two years which were not respectful or non-aggressive?

I'm surprised that Bristol Sport and the land lord at the Three Lions haven't knocked their heads together and be looking to bring the Three Lions interior over to AG. You take your cut, we'll take ours. Am suggesting that would work brilliantly, and why not in the 'John Atyeo Stand'?

To use their language: 'a big of joined up thinking'.

Just putting it in the think tank to see if it floats (like that one too ;) )

• SC&T Board Members

The invite to Mondays meeting did not include reference to the Atyeo. It has been no part of consultation. It was not on the agenda.

It is unclear to me at this point whether that remains the plan and this proposal is merely an interim one for next season ... And it has taken TWO years to get to that point. No detail again nailed down. It is a theme.

I was not able to make Monday's meeting as I was away. However, I understand that nobody present, other than club / BS staff, had any prior knowledge of this proposal. It came as a surprise and could therefore not have been included in any mail from the supporters' side.

I'm surprised that Bristol Sport and the land lord at the Three Lions haven't knocked their heads together and be looking to bring the Three Lions interior over to AG. You take your cut, we'll take ours. Am suggesting that would work brilliantly, and why not in the 'John Atyeo Stand'?

To use their language: 'a big of joined up thinking'.

Just putting it in the think tank to see if it floats (like that one too ;) )

The higher footfall of the Dolman concourse would be more attractive to local businesses ... That is more joined up.

I was not able to make Monday's meeting as I was away. However, I understand that nobody present, other than club / BS staff, had any prior knowledge of this proposal. It came as a surprise and could therefore not have been included in any mail from the supporters' side.

It came as a surprise. It has not been an open process. There has been no two way dialogue. Consultations are a waste of time when so much detail is hidden by one side. It has taken two years to get to "In the corner of the Atyeo you go!"

The result is confusion and lost opportunity.

No bother to me, but interesting to put away fans in the corner where there will be streams of Dolman'ers right next to them during the game and at HT etc. Spitting distance, to coin a phrase.

This shouldn't be a problem next season as the Dolmanites won't enter or exit from the front of the stand. They'll come in / out through the vomit-atories.

Yet, the offer to have an unreserved, standing, singing, flag waving, banner laying section in the atyeo to allow fans to express themselves has been born out of fans initiative and consultation with the club. A consultation that was no doubt open, two-way, respectful and non-aggressive 

The fans who attended Monday's meeting were very much told that the Atyeo is the only option for an unreserved, standing section for next season. Just to clarify.

Also by way of clarification the use of the Williams corner of the Atyeo as an unreserved standing area is only the solution for next season. It was made clear that they are taking it season by season at the moment due to the ongoing redevelopment.

However, Griffiths' comments that due to safety reasons standing would unlikely to be allowed in the south stand, new Williams and Dolman it does kind of make you think that until safe standing is legalised the Atyeo is the only option for standing.

The higher footfall of the Dolman concourse would be more attractive to local businesses ... That is more joined up.

I see. This will be put back to BS, then?

Personally, I think the Dolman acoustics are poor, but maybe that will change with the altererd angle of the Dolman roof (?). Plus what are the H&S dictators going to make of the rake and a casual approach to stewarding in the Dolman? When it was experimented with at the start of the Tinnion season, it did not work.

Archived