IGNORED

Atyeo Stand Proposal (From Monday's Fans Meeting 9/3/15)

cider head

Atyeo stand idea  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You appear to be making a post up again.

Can you point to where this idea was discussed with fans publicly by BS - BCFC in the last two years, excluding Monday?

Can you point to which consultations in the last two years which were not respectful or non-aggressive?

Things change.

Maybe the Atyeo was not something the club considered in the last two years because they were continually told by 'certain' fans they did not wish to use it as a home end. The reason why the club re-opened the East End.

Once that went, those fans were offered the Williams blocks during the redevelopment. Now that's going, the Atyeo is being offered in the interim period.....its now the only option available and was no doubt put on the table Monday. There is no other part of the ground that can accomodate the sort of wish list your talking about

As for your last point.....these are your comments re: the three lions consulation.....

"The pub was full by 12.30 because fans had requested supporters to turn up to leave Mr Billigham in no doubt of the strength of feeling amongst a section of support."

"Those who are veterans of meetings of the past will have noted the meeting was not exactly cordial."

If I were a 'suit', I don't think thats the sort of atmoshphere that would make me want to bend over backwards to give you what you want 

For next season I think this is a great idea, it's big enough and it's close enough to the away fans to make a good atmosphere.

My concern is the season after when the grounds finished, what happens then? If it stays as a split stand it will be crap because as others have said the away allocation will need to be bigger leaving less than 1000 home seats. Then for cup games away teams will be allowed the whole stand, so what happens to us then? This situation doesn't appeal to me as all the best parts of the new build will be taken.

Now if when the grounds finished they make the whole atyeo a unreserved home end and move the away fans to the top of the Williams I'd be well up for it. As they haven't even started building it yet I'm sure it won't be too difficult to make a seperate entrance for the top tier. This seems like the best possible option to me and I think the club should look into it asap so it can be arranged before work starts on the williams.

Whilst I'm not necessarily against this idea, it would mean me moving seat which I guess I would have to do anyway the season after.

However and whilst I admire the "singing group"'s passion etc I'm getting a little pissed off that certain elements of the group seem to think they are the only fans and that the club must bow to their pressure.

I read rows about what or what not a flag can say, pop up bars, singing, standing, wanting cheaper seats and a whole host of other things.

What about the MAJORITY of supporters that don't want to stand, don't want to sing, don't want to waive flags around and just want to rock up at 2:45 watch and support their team ? 

I appreciate obviously that OTIB only contains a small section of total support and that a lot of you on here are happy to sing and stand, which is your right of coarse.

As said I'm not opposed to this and have no issue with you singing, standing , and even stripping if you so wish, but please don't forget the other fans.

Cheers

Mark

Whilst I'm not necessarily against this idea, it would mean me moving seat which I guess I would have to do anyway the season after.

However and whilst I admire the "singing group"'s passion etc I'm getting a little pissed off that certain elements of the group seem to think they are the only fans and that the club must bow to their pressure.

I read rows about what or what not a flag can say, pop up bars, singing, standing, wanting cheaper seats and a whole host of other things.

What about the MAJORITY of supporters that don't want to stand, don't want to sing, don't want to waive flags around and just want to rock up at 2:45 watch and support their team ?

I appreciate obviously that OTIB only contains a small section of total support and that a lot of you on here are happy to sing and stand, which is your right of coarse.

As said I'm not opposed to this and have no issue with you singing, standing , and even stripping if you so wish, but please don't forget the other fans.

Cheers

Mark

Ooooh now you've done it!!!!

Cheers

Mark

I can see that MAJORITY you speak of are getting pretty much everything they would like or need so don't feel that have to speak out.

So what is it you would like?

It is a reasonable comment.

A coach which advertises Peter Carol is better than a coach which advertises sport in Bristol?

Nice one, Droopy.

A coach with a logo for a "brand" that masquerades as a sportswear firm one minute, City's uberbrand the next, then a "multisport" organisation that is nothing more than a groundshare and a bunch of gangly blokes with hairy armpits (that's for VFTD). 

Come on: prove to us all that is any more than an ego trip / gravy train.

Nice one, Droopy.

A coach with a logo for a "brand" that masquerades as a sportswear firm one minute, City's uberbrand the next, then a "multisport" organisation that is nothing more than a groundshare and a bunch of gangly blokes with hairy armpits (that's for VFTD).

Come on: prove to us all that is any more than an ego trip / gravy train.

So what if it is?

Why is that worse than a coach that says Peter Carol?

You bang on as if there is always a single correct way of doing things in business. There very rarely is.

I can see that MAJORITY you speak of are getting pretty much everything they would like or need so don't feel that have to speak out.

So what is it you would like?

How will they be getting "everything they want " as you put it, when they are being asked to move, all be it not by the "singing section" but via SC, and as I have stated I'm not necessary against the idea, it seems to me from a neutral point of view that some think they are better than others.

I'm just putting my view out there, i neither want or will be having a row about it, I am entitled to my opinion as much as any other fan is.

Things change.

No.

Detail is detail.

Months ago the Supporters Trust put in a proposal regarding the South stand.

The safety officer only Monday revealed he considers a 27% rake to be dangerous, but 23% is appropriate.

Months after a proposal.

Two years into a consultation.

Blagdon Red is an expert in that field and he will probably find this sudden fact to be surprising considering the lengths he has gone to in the past.

So would this mean that the EE'ers stay at this end of the ground once its all been redeveloped?.. It looks good, but where will we go when work is being carried out on the Ateyo?..

Have to admit i was looking forward to getting in the new stand but i guess its what im seeing on the pitch that really matters.

I think you may have misunderstood a bit; at present, there isn't any concrete plans to redevelop the Atyeo - I believe this is down to planning permission with regard to light and the houses on that road opposite the park.

You can choose to go in the new South Stand still!

I don't think they've said what will happen ultimately, what I hope (and have said for a little while) is home fans get the entire Atyeo, push away support in the gods of the williams/williams corner near the Atyeo/Dolman A+B. This takes them away from behind a goal, giving both ends to city fans. Also means there is still possibility of interaction between Atyeo home end and away support. I would like them ultimately to gut the Atyeo, modernise it a bit but keep it a 1 tier stand. Remove the ugly red railings that break it up too.

Cheers

Mark

The club is a broad church, mate.

I am a camelian in that I have undergone many manners in support of City.

I appologise for you possibly losing your seat.

A strong emphasis I hope will emerge from all of this is that of a spirit of unity across the strands - my folks don't want to be subjected to the all singing/dancing type, however, at times, I do.

In the olden days there was the East End, the Williams, the Dolman and the Park End. You knew where to go for what you wanted. Modernity has made everything more complicated. Let's work through that complication.

How will they be getting "everything they want " as you put it, when they are being asked to move, all be it not by the "singing section" but via SC, and as I have stated I'm not necessary against the idea, it seems to me from a neutral point of view that some think they are better than others.

I'm just putting my view out there, i neither want or will be having a row about it, I am entitled to my opinion as much as any other fan is.

I mean they will have more facilities in what the club said is a better stand and view, if bing moved out to a stand like the old Eastend

i would understand a moan. Those in the current Atyeo can stay in that stand so i'm told if they wish to but just being switched round,

not sure if all would want to stay though with whats new on offer, good for some bad for others.

Not having a row or anything and of course your entitled to your opinion, who said your not?...

This is from the club not fans.

It has never been discussed.

Fans did not know.

99% of fans will be unaware of what is happening.

The Supporters trust don't understand it.

The meeting was Monday.

First mention on forums Tuesday, Wednesday.

Seemingly no OFFICIAL source of info.

And ticket details out soon.

Job done as far as Bristol Sport is concerned.

Cheers

Mark

I think that's the issue really Mark. The new build seems to cater for EVERY type of fan bar those that used to go in the EE/Noisy groups. I wasn't an EE'er myself and most likely won't use the Atyeo but up till now feel there wasn't proper inclusion in the design.

I think the myth about cheaper seats needs to be dispelled, I have never seen anyone request cheaper seats for "singing sections" etc. In this instance, it seems to be a club initiative.

I wouldn't even say it's a majority of supporters that don't want to stand/sing etc. I appreciate not everyone wants to stand and sing all game, but a good amount will join in, or even clap along, with songs when the whole ground does.

I feel it's important everyone is catered for and this seems to be a real step in the right direction. After a fair few howlers, this week BS seem to be improving a bit. Hopefully with ideas like this, and a bit of common sense, we can find a way for everyone to enjoy the rebuild. Not just certain supporter groups (for want of a better word).

Now that we are likely to be in the Championship next season, this will mean bigger crowds and more away fans. Imagine Leeds or Wednesday coming down the gate this season?! It would be like a home game for them.

Let the EE's be and provide them with half of the Atyeo which makes more sense, the Williams isn't built for unreserved standing.

Well done the club!

• SC&T Board Members

No.

Detail is detail.

Months ago the Supporters Trust put in a proposal regarding the South stand.

The safety officer only Monday revealed he coniders a 27% rake to be dangerous, but 23% is appropriate.

Months after a proposal.

Two years into a consultation.

Blagdon Red is an expert in that field and he will probably find this sudden fact to be surprising considering the lengths he has gone to in the past.

Incidentally, I am unaware of any statistical evidence to indicate that standing on a seated viewing deck with a 27-degree rake is any less safe than doing so on one with a 25-degree rake. If the data exists, I am happy to be proved wrong.

It would also be interesting to know how many of the rows in the South Stand are above 25 degrees (the rake is parabolic, i.e. it curves, and only the very back few rows will be at the steepest angle). As the Atyeo plan calls for a lot of capacity to be sacrificed for segregation (it appears to be over 2,000 seats), it would be interesting to compare how many seats would be lost if instead the singing section was at the back of the South Stand (as the largest number of survey respondents wanted) and the 1 or 2 rows that are perhaps at a rake of over 25 degrees were left unused and draped in flags.

This is from the club not fans.

It has never been discussed.

Fans did not know.

99% of fans will be unaware of what is happening.

The Supporters trust don't understand it.

The meeting was Monday.

First mention on forums Tuesday, Wednesday.

Seemingly no OFFICIAL source of info.

And ticket details out soon.

Job done as far as Bristol Sport is concerned.

Did they not suggest it for us to go away and mull over?

If we put back to them we are not happy with said proposals, we want this, this and that; then that will be interesting.

Do think we attempt to meet them half way. What 'half way' is is obviously open for debate.

I see. This will be put back to BS, then?

Personally, I think the Dolman acoustics are poor, but maybe that will change with the altererd angle of the Dolman roof (?). Plus what are the H&S dictators going to make of the rake and a casual approach to stewarding in the Dolman? When it was experimented with at the start of the Tinnion season, it did not work.

A well positioned bar with the right local business input would get fans in from BS3. Well positioned is not the Atyeo with a handful [10%+} in it.

People have been attempting to put ideas like that forward for months.

What has acoustics got to with bars? That type of thinking was abandoned at the open day in 2013 when the first drafts of the design were revealed. What was not expected was fans would be told after all the flowery rhetoric that the only option would be the Atyeo.

Opportunity is being lost.

I may have missed this somewhere but how many seats are we talking about? Is it the entire section front to back that will be unreserved standing? Will it be season tickets only or POTD aswell?? So many questions to be answered before season ticket details announced. All seems a bit if we leave it late then it forces the fans hand. Personally I have sat in the Atyeo for years and would love to stay there, but times move on. I read that former East End ST holders will get first dibs, is that a club thing or someone's suggestion? If it's a club suggestion what happens to those being moved from the Atyeo. As I said, so many questions, so little time.

A well positioned bar with the right local business input would get fans in from BS3. Well positioned is not the Atyeo with a handful [10%+} in it.

People have been attempting to put ideas like that forward for months.

What has acoustics got to with bars? That type of thinking was abandoned at the open day in 2013 when the first drafts of the design were revealed. What was not expected was fans would be told after all the flowery rhetoric that the only option would be the Atyeo.

Opportunity is being lost.

Thought there was a demand for creation of atmosphere at the game itself, not just City bars. I may have mis-read that. The atmosphere on the terrace last night was piss-poor. The acoustics of the stand and those gathered therein, was my thinking. It would be generated further by a Three Lionsesque bar for people to drink in inside AG, no matter where it's situated.

Do appreciate the Dolman's calibre for that over the Atyeo but personally reckon it doesn't matter over all.

Edit:- see what you mean about numbers

• SC&T Board Members

I may have missed this somewhere but how many seats are we talking about? Is it the entire section front to back that will be unreserved standing? Will it be season tickets only or POTD aswell?? So many questions to be answered before season ticket details announced. All seems a bit if we leave it late then it forces the fans hand. Personally I have sat in the Atyeo for years and would love to stay there, but times move on. I read that former East End ST holders will get first dibs, is that a club thing or someone's suggestion? If it's a club suggestion what happens to those being moved from the Atyeo. As I said, so many questions, so little time.

My understanding is c. 1,200 for home fans in the 'singing section' and c. 1,250 away fans. The stand capacity is 4,200.

So what if it is?

Why is that worse than a coach that says Peter Carol?

You bang on as if there is always a single correct way of doing things in business. There very rarely is.

Peter Carol = name of a bus company

Charlie Cairoli = name of a clown

Bristol Sport = name of a branding fiasco

It's about doing things properly. There is no evidence whatsoever that the BS branding process has been handled properly - people should not fiddle around with a football club's identity in such a hamfisted manner. 

Again, I ask: where is your evidence that this is any more than an ego trip / gravy train.

If it had been handled properly, the following at least would have happened:

1. The SC&T would have been kept in the loop from the start.

2. The SC&T would have received a proper reply to why the hell this nonsensical brand is being splattered across buses and waved above heads. On the first four occasions there was no reply. At the meeting the other night, there was some gobbledygook about following a model from [insert country] and "corporates".

Did they not suggest it for us to go away and mull over?

If we put back to them we are not happy with said proposals, we want this, this and that; then that will be interesting.

Do think we attempt to meet them half way. What 'half way' is is obviously open for debate.

Check when ticket details are out. The club have done their mulling.

At this point the Supporters Trust who facilitated the meeting don't understand the detail.

The detail should be nailed down.

Check when ticket details are out. The club have done their mulling.

At this point the Supporters Trust who facilitated the meeting don't understand the detail.

The detail should be nailed down.

With all due respect, are you not getting tied up in bearocratics?

The details have been formulated by them and it's over to us as to whether we'll contest or accept them.

Personally, I think the Park End could work well for us for many reasons.

Thought there was a demand for creation of atmosphere at the game itself, not just City bars. I may have mis-read that. The atmosphere on the terrace last night was piss-poor. The acoustics of the stand and those gathered therein, was my thinking. It would be generated further by a Three Lionsesque bar for people to drink in inside AG, no matter where it's situated.

Do appreciate the Dolman's calibre for that over the Atyeo but personally reckon it doesn't matter over all.

Edit:- see what you mean about numbers

A well positioned bar with the right demographic as clients would lead to an increase in atmosphere in its adjacent stand. The positioning would be all in order to maximise getting people from BS3 into the stadium.

The Atyeo would limit potential to a fraction of capacity.

Do appreciate the Dolman's calibre for that over the Atyeo but personally reckon it doesn't matter over all ... Others would disagree entirely, and that instantly would affect its potential. Each stands facilities and its concept e.g Corporate will be linked to its inhabitants.

Archived