IGNORED

Aden Flint Is Having A Party ...

WolfOfWestStreet

For what its worth, a lot of our songs over the years haven't been exactly PC. "Smell my fingers" "My old man" etc but as far as i'm concerned, they're just part and parcel of football, and not taken seriously.

It was about time we had some new songs, instead of just changing the ones we've had for years lyrics when new players came along e.g. Stead to Jet, and they definitely help add to the atmosphere. Last night I had two friends from different stands contact me during the game to ask what the words were, as they could hear the noise, but not the words. Neither of them had a problem with the lyrics when I let them know what they were.

Lighten up people, can't slag off the players or the team, so lets turn on eachother hey?

Well said

For what its worth, a lot of our songs over the years haven't been exactly PC. "Smell my fingers" "My old man" etc but as far as i'm concerned, they're just part and parcel of football, and not taken seriously.

It was about time we had some new songs, instead of just changing the ones we've had for years lyrics when new players came along e.g. Stead to Jet, and they definitely help add to the atmosphere. Last night I had two friends from different stands contact me during the game to ask what the words were, as they could hear the noise, but not the words. Neither of them had a problem with the lyrics when I let them know what they were.

Lighten up people, can't slag off the players or the team, so lets turn on eachother hey?

This. At last some commn sense.

• Admin

Am I the only one who has a problem with our fans singing songs about taking A class drugs..?!

In 99.9% of cases I'm pretty unoffendable, but I hate this.

At away games recently I've been changing "Charlie" to "Bacardi". I know I probably sound a bit of a knob doing that, but I'd rather that than associate myself with fcuking drugs!

Yet you get irked by so many things on here, particularly when anyone utters anything remotely negative about the club.

Will sound like a complete bunch of bellends if it comes across clearly on tv sunday!

Totally agree. On national tv singing bout class A drugs, in front of thousands of kids. Nice. Classy.

There's plenty of songs that can be sung, without resorting to bringing drugs into it.

I'm disappointed in a few people on here especially some that obviously view themselves as super fans. And please before the keyboard warriors start, that's just my opinion.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, here's mine.

I think that anyone who truly is offended by the songs sung last night must struggle to live in the real world where there is far, far worse things to be offended by.

As for being afraid of it heard on tv on Sunday, I could barely make out some of the words sat opposite the singers last night, never mind on tv with it broadcast at a low volume with the commentator chatting over the top aswell.

Football songs have always been an escape from reality, a laugh, a bit of banter. Don't take them seriously, we aren't writing the entry to the Eurovision Song Contest!

Fkas how many original songs have u made up over the years lots of people sing the song I even know people who love the song every one has there opinions I can't stand red army as I think it's un original and would rather sing cider army but u don't see me on here ramming my opinion down people necks over and over. Im going to do my best to get it going loud and proud at Wembley and love every minute of singing it.

I think that anyone who truly is offended by the songs sung last night must struggle to live in the real world where there is far, far worse things to be offended by.

As for being afraid of it heard on tv on Sunday, I could barely make out some of the words sat opposite the singers last night, never mind on tv with it broadcast at a low volume with the commentator chatting over the top aswell.

Football songs have always been an escape from reality, a laugh, a bit of banter. Don't take them seriously, we aren't writing the entry to the Eurovision Song Contest!

Just to clear up my stance, I'm not offended - I just don't agree with it. There is a massive difference. I certainly don't struggle to live in the real world :-)

I'm not 'affraid' of people hearing it, I just think it's a bit cringeworthy and as I said I don't agree with it.

I think some of the songs with swearing in are great, others don't. I won't call them names or tell them to chill out, we all have an opinion , right ?

How is it boring to find a song shit and irrelevant/pointless? Love a good singsong but this is terrible!

You will find my attempt at it if you look bad through this thread.

Your attempt had too many syllables though.

I bet you're fuming that our song is "Drink Up Thy Cider" as some of the bad men may sing the words about beating up Rovers fans......

You can understand why people don't want to join in? I'm not offended by drugs or the like, I just don't like them and don't want any part of them. There is nothing wrong with having a laugh or banter at the football but I don't see anything funny about drugs. 

So where is the line drawn ( or chopped out) Red M? No doubt you would find it offensive if the banter was , say... homophobic, racist or overtly sexist. 

I can see why some may also find Class A drugs an inappropriate subject for a chant in front of kids. Yes, there's always something worse to be offended by

but that's a little like saying - well it least it wasn't racist.

Archived