IGNORED

Gary Johnson

timothy bird

I find it amazing people slate Gary Johnson. At this time of writing he has a better record with us than COTTS. Let's remember with Johnson we were one game from the premier league.

Oh don't worry Crusader.....

Cotts time is yet to come ......

Who will be the first to decide Steve Cotterrill is not the Messiah if we are , 18th at the start of November ......

Think he will have his work cut out to keep them up, they have been in freefall since the new year. At one stage there looked like there was only one relegation spot to be filled as Hartlepool were so far adrift but even they have managed to go above them. Best of luck GJ, hope he can manage to keep them up, nice little club are Cheltenham.

Glad he's back in the game. Be interesting to see how he does. No disrespect to Cheltenham but thought he may have gone to a bigger club.

All the best to him.

I honestly dont think GJ has it to manage at a 'big' club, when the going got tough here he couldnt handle the pressure IMO. Clubs like Cheltenham, Yeovil and Northampton suite him..

I find it amazing people slate Gary Johnson. At this time of writing he has a better record with us than COTTS. Let's remember with Johnson we were one game from the premier league.

TWICE.

If we had beaten Stoke in that televised game a few weeks before the end of the season, we would have had their auto spot.

As much as I love City I despair at some of the 'support' we get at the club, so much small minded hate at certain persons that have either played for City or managed us. All this vitriol aimed at either Lee or Gary is embarrising and does nothing except make us look like like some cheapskate small minded lot, but the strangest thing is why? Considering Gary's record as a manager, and Lee's efforts on the field,for the life of me I fail to see WHY?

"Better than that" very disrespectful. We won and played you off the park in 2006 at AG.

Last time I looked we was in 2015 not nearly a decade back, think you need to get with the times stop living in the past if I was you.

Am I right in thinking this is tongue in cheek? haha

Think he's standing up for his club's honour and fair play.

It is disrespectful to Cheltenham to suggest GJ's above them, given the two have just agreed a contract.

Don't understand what problem any of us should have with Cheltenham or Yeovil. I always want both clubs to do well (providing they are below us!).

A step down would have seen GJ at the gas. He clearly minded the gap.

Think he's standing up for his club's honour and fair play.

It is disrespectful to Cheltenham to suggest GJ's above them, given the two have just agreed a contract.

Don't understand what problem any of us should have with Cheltenham or Yeovil. I always want both clubs to do well (providing they are below us!).

A step down would have seen GJ at the gas. He clearly minded the gap.

Where did I say I have a problem with Cheltenham? Anyway, I don't think it's disrespectful to suggest a man who has led 2 teams to the Championship (one on extremely limited resources), and one to a Championship play off final, deserves better than a club rock bottom of League 2 who look destined for the Conference.

The fact the Cheltenham fan quoted an irrelevant game from 9 years ago to 'defend his clubs honour' suggested to me the comment was tongue in cheek. We'll have to see on that.

Finally I know most do, but I'm not sure why you want Yeovil to do well. Their fans generally have quite a dislike towards us. So much so they dedicated every chant at Ashton Gate this season towards their hatred of Bristol City, and one of their fans felt the need to design a flag with the words 'Dean Windass, Yeovil legend' on it.

TWICE.

If we had beaten Stoke in that televised game a few weeks before the end of the season, we would have had their auto spot.

Think it was Kavanagh but whoever... Convinced that was a foul by them that led to their second goal and not the other way around. They did us exactly the same in the Freight Rover final as well.

Where did I say I have a problem with Cheltenham? Anyway, I don't think it's disrespectful to suggest a man who has led 2 teams to the Championship (one on extremely limited resources), and one to a Championship play off final, deserves better than a club rock bottom of League 2 who look destined for the Conference.

The fact the Cheltenham fan quoted an irrelevant game from 9 years ago to 'defend his clubs honour' suggested to me the comment was tongue in cheek. We'll have to see on that.

Finally I know most do, but I'm not sure why you want Yeovil to do well. Their fans generally have quite a dislike towards us. So much so they dedicated every chant at Ashton Gate this season towards their hatred of Bristol City, and one of their fans felt the need to design a flag with the words 'Dean Windass, Yeovil legend' on it.

I suspect a primary reason for GJ's appointment at Cheltenham is due to his geographical West Country based convenience.

He doesn't 'deserve' any better than what he has agreed to sign, imo. Supposing a former manager of a higher ranked side signed for us and supporters from the former club claimed disparagingly 'he's better than Bristol City', I suspect there would be more than a little backlash from us!

Moving onto Yeovil, you seem to know them better than I do. I don't see them as a threat, in fact support them as a Somerset based club. Them being bitter towards us 'TBCUTR' (The Big Club Up The Road) etc means buggardy squat to me.

Archived