IGNORED

Windies V England 2Nd Test Grenada.

Robbored

but replaced with cooks buddy. straus.....bad to worse imo, there needs to be a complete shake up

As director of cricket.. then someone else in as Coach. Anything is better than what we have and I wouldn't discount Strauss pushing Cook away from captaincy.. he's ruthless.

As director of cricket.. then someone else in as Coach. Anything is better than what we have and I wouldn't discount Strauss pushing Cook away from captaincy.. he's ruthless.

i would, all straus has talked about on commentry and any of his columns is caution and continuation, be prepared for mor boring cricket a shit 1 day team and a 5-0 white wash in the ashes

Answer? Shane Warne. If he'd been English they'd have had him in at 19 and said "Shane old chap, we love the turn you're getting but do you think you could practice being a bit more economical?"

Be fair. He was second string spinner for Imperial CC ;)

i would, all straus has talked about on commentry and any of his columns is caution and continuation, be prepared for mor boring cricket a shit 1 day team and a 5-0 white wash in the ashes

Surely that would have happened anyway? I agree that Strauss comes across as being ultra-cautious but I think a few people might be surprised. Just a feeling.

Be fair. He was second string spinner for Imperial CC ;)

He was indeed and I saw him interviewed once and he mentioned Imperial CC and how the 'ol boys' would simply step to leg and whack him for six. He was laughing about it. The best leg spinner of all time.

Top bloke is Warne.

Me too, Monk!

On another note, dreadful shame for Ireland that our ODI with England got rained off today. Nobody wants to play us outside of the World Cup and when we do get a game it gets rained off. We're cursed!

I'd quite like to see England take a lead with promoting Irish cricket and maybe organise a tri series involving them. Ireland have proved they're competitive in the shorter forms of the game and a competitive Ireland is only good for England in my opinion

Gillespie would be a great appointment but he's just turned down the South Australia job so I can't see him wanting this poisoned chalice.

Chipdawg, it would be nice, or at least getting Ireland a match against teams touring England would be something, an ODI or two or maybe even a one-off test or a four day game. I've done enough moaning about Ireland on the England cricket threads though so I'll button it! To be fair to England they have played a few games in Ireland (or tried to!) in the last few years. More than anyone else has done!

Against Mickey Mouse bowling on the best batting track in the country

Has anyone else got over 300 on that track recently? I genuinely don't know the answer by the way!!

Anyway - being reported that Strauss has told KP he will never play for England again!!

Joke if true

Against a team who haven't won a 4 day game in what 3 years? 1 innings and everyone jizzing themselves about him, people forgetting could couldn't gets runs against Glamorgan a few games ago? 1 innings doesn't merit a recall and England need to build to the future, how long would an almost 35 year old KP stick around for? Also a fact if you picked him it would probably piss off a few of the current England players to boot. And the middle order is the part of our team working atm. Ballance, Bell, Root shouldn't be moved around at all.

Against a team who haven't won a 4 day game in what 3 years? 1 innings and everyone jizzing themselves about him, people forgetting could couldn't gets runs against Glamorgan a few games ago? 1 innings doesn't merit a recall and England need to build to the future, how long would an almost 35 year old KP stick around for? Also a fact if you picked him it would probably piss off a few of the current England players to boot. And the middle order is the part of our team working atm. Ballance, Bell, Root shouldn't be moved around at all.

I get most of that, my main problem really and I hope it changes under new leadership is such boring negative tactics plodding along at 2-2.5 an over all day, Batting our best talent at number 8 is complete madness and a waste of Jos's talent.

I'd love to see this team, but I don't know how he's dropped Ballance!

@ShaneWarne: My England test team would be...

Hales

Cook

Bell

Kp

Root

Butler

Stokes

Rashid

Anderson

Broad

Finn ( if found form ) / Woakes / Jordan

bit short of bowlers?!

Nope. Three quicks and one spinner and then Root to bowl as well.

Most teams play four bowlers now. Not a problem. What we don't need are the players that are 'okay' at bowling and batting ala Jordan and Stokes. Pick best bowlers and best batsmen.

And what a batting line up that is!

Archived