IGNORED

Windies V England 2Nd Test Grenada.

Robbored

Agreed. If he wants to be involved with England, this seems a logical move to rebuild some bridges.

However, I've no doubt he'll never play again and I fully expect his age to be an issue when the selectors meet in the Autumn for the SA tour.

It's just typical KP looking after number 1.

He's basically shit himself when realising that the famous KP may not be involved in The Ashes. He's left it too late I'm afraid. If we were playing Bangladesh this summer do you think he'd be back? Would he fuxk.

• Admin

Explosive statement coming out tomorrow from KP.

Saying he can't be trusted but asks who leaked the details of the confidential meeting yesterday

Confirms he was TWICE told to join a county and score runs and earn his recall. As Surrey had no spare budget he agreed to play for them for FREE! In return Surrey would give a donation to a chosen charity

His IPL side have a recall option, as a result he will join them on Friday

Much lengthier than this but these are points that jumped out at me

I actually for the first time have a bit of sympathy for him. The ECB not for the first time are an absolute disgrace no wonder we are an embarrassment in all formats of the game with these clueless idiots running the game.

Hmmmm...if KP was serious about playing for England again then he would have been better advised to say bugger all about Strauss and the ECB and their media statements today. Let everybody see what fools they are and remain above it by staying squeaky clean.

Hmmmm...if KP was serious about playing for England again then he would have been better advised to say bugger all about Strauss and the ECB and their media statements today. Let everybody see what fools they are and remain above it by staying squeaky clean.

Exactly. I can see another KP book on its way!

For someone who "just wants to play cricket for England" he spends a heck of a lot of time mouthing off!

The fact that he's fucked off back to the IPL within 2 days shows his commitment to Surrey mind. I don't like the guy nor his antics but he's been shat on here..

I did giggle at his tweet this morning:

Morning all, after a pretty bad day yesterday I've given it a lot of thought overnight. I'm applying for the coaching job! #StraussLogic

• Admin

Those who follow Somerset will remember Nick Compton getting stitched up in a similar way a few years back.

Was in the England side but hanging onto his place by the skin of his teeth.

ECB told him to go and get runs, so he was loaned to Worcestershire for one game against Australia.

He went on to score a ton, but was still snubbed from playing and Joe Root was selected in preference to him starting.

As others have put above have never had a lot of time for KP, remember him playing at Taunton in an LVCC match, he fielded on the boundary all day, never celebrated a run and looked uninterested in being there. BUT would add the way he has been treated during this last week is nothing short of a disgrace. As he was playing for Surrey for FREE to earn an England recall can fully understand why his IPL side have instantly recalled him.

The funniest thing has to be that he can't be trusted to play for the team but he has been approached to be an advisor

As much as he's been shit on from a great height by the ECB, this is a mess if Pietersen's own making. He behaved appallingly to his team mates over a sustained period of time and has never really shown any serious remorse. Perhaps he should have been managed better at the time and the whole situation had been awfully managed by the powers that be, but he made his bed and now he has to lie in it

I'd also seriously question whether he's the saviour some claim him to be anyway. My memories of KP from the last year or so of his international career is of a bloke who played rash shots at inopportune moments and paid no attention to conditions or the balance of the match. His average had been declining for a couple of years and to be honest, the only place England are strong at the minute is the middle order- Root and Ballance have score big recently, Ali is important as a bowler (though I would question this personally) and Bell is a brilliant player in English conditions with a great record against the Aussies. Who'd you drop for him? And at nearly 35, would it be a good idea to drop someone for him? England's problems run much deeper than missing a dashing middle order hitter, KP is just a distraction from sorting out the real issues

• Admin

As much as he's been shit on from a great height by the ECB, this is a mess if Pietersen's own making. He behaved appallingly to his team mates over a sustained period of time and has never really shown any serious remorse. Perhaps he should have been managed better at the time and the whole situation had been awfully managed by the powers that be, but he made his bed and now he has to lie in it

I'd also seriously question whether he's the saviour some claim him to be anyway. My memories of KP from the last year or so of his international career is of a bloke who played rash shots at inopportune moments and paid no attention to conditions or the balance of the match. His average had been declining for a couple of years and to be honest, the only place England are strong at the minute is the middle order- Root and Ballance have score big recently, Ali is important as a bowler (though I would question this personally) and Bell is a brilliant player in English conditions with a great record against the Aussies. Who'd you drop for him? And at nearly 35, would it be a good idea to drop someone for him? England's problems run much deeper than missing a dashing middle order hitter, KP is just a distraction from sorting out the real issues

Listening to Darren Gough and Andrew Flintoff on Talksport last night, it is clear that KP is far from being the worst person that has been in the dressing room for the past few years - if anything it sounds like he himself put up with a load of hassle from others

My memories of KP from the last year or so of his international career is of a bloke who played rash shots at inopportune moments and paid no attention to conditions or the balance of the match. His average had been declining for a couple of years and to be honest

This is spot on, and sadly he got he 355 on the day the story broke so is clouding a lot of peoples judgements on him.

But being devils advocate you could swap Jos Buttler into that sentance above and would equally apply

Personally I just wish someone would just come out and say the REAL reasons why KP won't get back in the squad.

As for KP, ok he is now injured for the next 2 weeks, but the best he could do would be to consistently score runs all summer for Surrey, then if / when we get hammered against the Aussies this summer, that would make the ECB look even worse than they do now

If anyone cares to look at KPs cricket career ( including his County cricket ) they'll find that wherever he's been there have been problems within the dressing room. The guys is very difficult to manage and has the unfortunate ability to piss off other players and coaches. Obviously I don't how he does it but whether he acknowledges this tendency is the real issue.

Interesting Syed article in the Times this morning saying that KP has never shown remorse regarding his part in the problems he's creates.

Regardless of his batting ability, recalling him to the England team would undoubtedly cause further ructions and the knock on of that is the effect on form of the rest of the team.

Like most cricket supporters I wish the ECB would simply say what the real problem with KP is. An explanation would stifle all the media speculation and clear up the matter once and for all.

Listening to Darren Gough and Andrew Flintoff on Talksport last night, it is clear that KP is far from being the worst person that has been in the dressing room for the past few years - if anything it sounds like he himself put up with a load of hassle from others

There was a clique made up of the likes of Swann, Anderson, Prior, Broad... KP is a lone wolf as we all know. There were issues obviously and I'd agree I don't for a second believe it was all KP's doing.

Nasser Hussain has chipped in with a good point today. KP is a difficult character but a very talented one. Team managers and captains are appointed, and paid extra, because they are meant to be able to use man management skills. Why are they being afforded such a status if they admit they cannot manage a talented player. Hussain says that nobody should be barred from playing test cricket simply because they are considered difficult to manage. It reflects badly on those who manage if they are effectively saying that they can't manage. That isn't KP's fault that those in charge of English cricket are so inept.

There was a clique made up of the likes of Swann, Anderson, Prior, Broad... KP is a lone wolf as we all know. There were issues obviously and I'd agree I don't for a second believe it was all KP's doing.

i wouldn't be suprised if cook, broad and anderson said they would refuse to play if KP was picked (I don't think KP's form warrents a place in the test side for the record because the middle order is good)

Archived