IGNORED

Latest Lunacy From Ferguson!

Slippin cider

He would need to apply for , and ADVERTISE a TTRO 16 weeks prior to any closure - easy for a local newspaper to pick up on and run a story if this was imminent.

The story in itself doesn't surprise me though, as I know from personal experience this ****** would also love to shut the M32 on Sundays as well.

It is a TPCA which is required and there is not one in place, so I am not sure this is anything more than a rumour or hoax.  Where did the OP see this?

All that is happening on 3 May is his shutting of Corn St for his "keeping Sunday special" thing.

It is a TPCA which is required and there is not one in place, so I am not sure this is anything more than a rumour or hoax.  Where did the OP see this?

All that is happening on 3 May is his shutting of Corn St for his "keeping Sunday special" thing.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Portway-closed-traffic-Sundays/story-26392265-detail/story.html

All that is happening on 3 May is his shutting of Corn St for his "keeping Sunday special" thiwng.

I do not understand the need to close Corn St when 20 metres away there is the traffic free City Centre and the haurbourside all the way to Cumberland Basin to bike, juggle and clown about in. Why cause unnecessary disruption?

I don't mind, I only use the Portway twice on a Sunday so thanks George you ******* idiot.

Don't think the people of Clifton will be too chuffed either judging by the increased traffic through the village whenever they shut the Portway on a Sunday for rock face maintenance/bike ride/half marathon reasons.

The apathy in Bristol will almost certainly ensure the vociferous and politically active incomers will vote him back in.

Leaving people to moan about him.........again.

Don't whinge people, vote.

But the problem us wheb you live outside Bristol and was born in Bristol and spend most of your life in Bristol yet you can't vote on Bristol.

Is there an option to vote for no Mayor and go back to what it was before this idiot was getting paid to do nothing of any importance.

I asked this shortly after he came to power, not voted or by me. Infact I can't find a single person who will admit to voting for him, a Mayor yes but not him.

Back to your question, apparently we cannot have the 'no mayor' option, unless we have a vote again to decide if we want one or not. There will need to be a change in legislation to be able to say no mayor. How this is requested I don't know, but until it is all we can do is pick one of the candidates standing.

Think it was mainly the Southville tree hugging crew who voted him.

To be fair he is clearly an arse but lots of people voted him in....

When is he up for re election?

It was apathy that got him in, too many people sitting on their thumbs thinking he won't get in, whereas his supporters got up off their asses en masse and voted for him.

22% voted shameful and people wonder why this city never gets anything done.

SO another molehill built up into an Everest sized mountain, this forum is incredible at times....

To be fair the BP article is woefully bad and portrays it is next weekend onwards

I asked this shortly after he came to power, not voted or by me. Infact I can't find a single person who will admit to voting for him, a Mayor yes but not him.

Back to your question, apparently we cannot have the 'no mayor' option, unless we have a vote again to decide if we want one or not. There will need to be a change in legislation to be able to say no mayor. How this is requested I don't know, but until it is all we can do is pick one of the candidates standing.

I can remember reading after he became mayor that only 30% of the city voted. Which means 70% of us didn't care/didn't want one. That should have been a clear indictor not to have a Mayor

Archived