IGNORED

Latest Lunacy From Ferguson!

Slippin cider

We all know that there is no such thing as 'road tax', we get told by the anti car brigade often enough.

If VED does not go into the pot labelled 'central taxes' then where does it go and what is it used for? Would it not be a reasonable assumption to make that the tax you pay for having a vehicle on the road would be at least partially used to facilitate your use of said vehicle?

Of course cyclists and horses have the right to use the road as well, but it can get very frustrating when stuck in a queue because everyone is slowing down for a horse being ridden in a completely unsuitable urban area, or cyclists that think they have the right to ride three abreast and stop any cars going past them. There are idiot users of all forms of transport, and the 'holier than thou' attitude shown by many non-car users only serves to wind people up the wrong way and promote disharmony on our already overcrowded roads.

You should give up your car - you never know you might lose one of your chins.

At my age it is called either senility or stupidity. Well spotted that I am suffering from both.

PS. Seen on toilet door in my local doctors this morning.

"This toilet is out of order. Apologies for any inconvenience"!

To be fair Cidered; I read the article much earlier this morning (maybe even last night prior to publication!) and am pretty sure (but not 100% certain) that it gave the impression the closure would be for at least several Sundays in May - I am convinced the article has been edited since. 

Another lunatic idea from Ferguson. The A4 Portway is a main route into Bristol from the M5 it also carries 1000s of people from Wales to our highly succesful airpoint which brings prosperity to this City, he is putting this in jeopardy with his crack pot schemes.

We are blessed with wonderful parks and open spaces in Bristol yet he is cutting the budget for the up keep of these parks which benifits everyone in Bristol and yet spends hundred of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money by closing streets in the centre of Bristol for stilt walkers and clowns, so who benifits?

An orgainsation called "playing out " as been set up in Bristol which aims to close streets to cars and one of the directors of playing out is Alice Ferguson daughter of George. Guest what "playing out" I let my kids play out they have done since they were very young, I dont need middle class do gooders doing more harm than good and and dictating to others because they are scare of the world they are living in and what to turn Bristol into Camberwick Green,

I totally agree! People should be encouraged to do more exercise . Especially children, who, these days seem to be permenantly attached to an electronic device of some description or gaming indoors . But closing one of the city's main arterial routes is a bit much IMO . There are many green open spaces in the city as well as cycle routes and paths without the need to disrupt traffic and inconvenience people who either don't want to take part/have to work etc.

Only children whose parents are lazy barstewards. The parents are slobs and the kid follows suit. My son has a PS4 and an Ipad but he also trains/plays football five times per week and is out all day with his mates (playoing football!!) when not at school and not playing organised football. And he has plenty of mates who do the same whether it be football or rugby or other sports. I won't deny that there are more obese kids these days, which is disgraceful, but all that means is there are more parents around who are not fit to have kids.

You should give up your car - you never know you might lose one of your chins.

My chins are nothing to do with the car, they are a lot to do with the unhealthy crap I shove down my throat :P

Besides, if I gave up my car I might have to sit next to the likes of you on public transport!

To be fair Cidered; I read the article much earlier this morning (maybe even last night prior to publication!) and am pretty sure (but not 100% certain) that it gave the impression the closure would be for at least several Sundays in May - I am convinced the article has been edited since. 

Yes it has been edited.  They have obviously now done the research a decent journalist would have done in the first place.

They have forgotten to edit the headline though!

Just read a (long) article in The Guardian:

www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/apr/28/end-of-the-car-age-how-cities-outgrew-the-automobile

It appears that in cities worldwide car usage is decreasing, with public transport and cycling increasing. Plus, many of the people mentioned in the article make George look positively conservative.

www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/apr/28/end-of-the-car-age-how-cities-outgrew-the-automobile

It appears that in cities worldwide car usage is decreasing, with public transport and cycling increasing. Plus, many of the people mentioned in the article make George look positively conservative.

Archived