IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Sorry I think I disagree with everything you've written!

Neither Birmingham or Wigan would offer significantly more money.

He'd improve the team and we'll almost certainly have more injuries and suspensions than last year so need the cover.

The bad feeling between us and Swindon doesn't really matter if we're paying a good fee for him.

You don't have to apologise Mr Fogg you are free to have your own completely wrong  opinions .

Not the way I read it - he wants to leave & go to Celtic so he turned down Wigan. But his club won't sell to Celtic, so the journo thinks an alternative offer (from England?) may be the answer.

Sense of humour bypass was a success Mr Fogg .

I apologise in plain ,not so funny English , don't be so sensitive i was joking . I respect totally your opinion. Is that better ? Are we friends again ? :flowers:

I don't really know how you thought I was being "sensitive" just wanted to know why you disagreed about Kasim; I'm still interested now!

I don't really know how you thought I was being "sensitive" just wanted to know why you disagreed about Kasim; I'm still interested now!

The main reason i would n't want Kasim is that he is a player who loses his cool too easily , he could and, in my opinion,  should have been sent off when we played them in the return match at Ashton Gate .

I don't think he could or should displace Korey Smith and doubt that he would come here as a back up .

Money talks ,it's true,  however to do  deal effectively  you need to trust the other party and there is enough recent "bad blood "  that from either side  the slightest hitch could be misinterpreted,  resulting in a breakdown in negotiations .I also don't feel either club would be predisposed to help the other .

Wigan , i believe ,still have parachute payments and Brum are a well established Championship ,ex-Prem club so i would imagine that they could offer more in wages .

The main reason i would n't want Kasim is that he is a player who loses his cool too easily , he could and, in my opinion, should have been sent off when we played them in the return match at Ashton Gate .

I don't think he could or should displace Korey Smith and doubt that he would come here as a back up .

Money talks ,it's true, however to do deal effectively you need to trust the other party and there is enough recent "bad blood " that from either side the slightest hitch could be misinterpreted, resulting in a breakdown in negotiations .I also don't feel either club would be predisposed to help the other .

Wigan , i believe ,still have parachute payments and Brum are a well established Championship ,ex-Prem club so i would imagine that they could offer more in wages .

Interesting, yes he can be a bit of a hot head but I think he'd improve us overall. He's probably better than Pack for a start and Korey can play more advanced.

I think though that Birmingham can't pay the wages they once did, I would be surprised if their wage bill is higher than ours now Zigic is gone. Wigan possibly, but I'm sure he'd rather move up the leagues than to the same one.

Interesting, yes he can be a bit of a hot head but I think he'd improve us overall. He's probably better than Pack for a start and Korey can play more advanced.

I think though that Birmingham can't pay the wages they once did, I would be surprised if their wage bill is higher than ours now Zigic is gone. Wigan possibly, but I'm sure he'd rather move up the leagues than to the same one.

Good points .

I think we have to accept that it would not be a good idea to bring in a raft of players considering the tight knit /quality we have, we walked the league last season, so just a couple of tweaks would do nicely.

Normally I agree but we are so short of players we will need 6/7 just to get up to a full compliment, more if the likes of El Abd, Reid, Burns etc are to leave

I think we have to accept that it would not be a good idea to bring in a raft of players considering the tight knit /quality we have, we walked the league last season, so just a couple of tweaks would do nicely.

Agreed. However 16 players Total isnt a first team + bench. Need at least 10 for tough Championship test.

Why would you? I'm interested as I've never really seen him play. Is he better than what we already have?

Well, for a start he's 4 years younger than Wilbraham and possesses far more Championship experience than any forward currently on our books.

He's played for Norwich, Millwall and Leeds in the Championship, scored for Wales in a Euro qualifier and appears to be out of favour.

I think we need two front players (with Will Grigg a good fit for the other) and although I doubt his wages would be cheap, him as one of them to compete with Wilbs for the target man role seems absolutely fine to me.

There is no way on earth he would chose us over Derby unless we offer triple the wages Derby do

The only thing that would possibly sway him is that he'll be the cog in our team. With Derby they have a bunch of quality midfield players, we have about 3 on our books..

I leave it 2 days, have a look at this thread, expecting to be excited or blown away by the glut of top names being linked to the club, but no. 

Underwhelming...  that's what it is, I tell ya.

Can't we just throw a massive bid out there for Pogba or someone of similar ilk?  I would If I was in charge, after all, Pogba's obviously not going to accept the transfer, and damn it would give us some food for thought.

Or go for Vidal, and perhaps throw the mancs a sneaky offer for Van Persie?

Archived