IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I like your optimism bearboy but you have more chance of winning the euro millions then us signing all of those mate

We will sign people from left field and take the majority of us by surprise before threads start appearing on here slagging them off before they go on to be fantastic

I think we are playing a waiting game at the moment. Targets will have been made months ago but we are unfortunately waiting on other clubs to make their moves before we can make ours. Take the Maguire/Hull scenario:

Hull have just been relegated so therefore some of their players will be targets for Premier League clubs. They currently have; James Chester, Alex Bruce, Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson and Harry Maguire competing for 2/3 center half places. With 3/5 of those CB potentially leaving to return to the PL then Hull would be stupid to let Maguire leave. However if no bids for their players materialize then come August you could see them consider selling Maguire as he wouldn't be near the starting positions and could become unhappy.

I feel that this scenario could potentially be happening at the majority of clubs whom our targets play for.

Personally I am not worried at the lack of players signed, I am very impatient at the excitement of who we could be after. As mentioned previously last season was a complete rebuild and getting players in early was key however after seeing how quickly MS, JT and you could also include Saville, fitted in to the group already here it shows what a great team bond we have and as long as the right personalities get signed then they will integrate very quickly.

The only position we really need someone for desperately is up front. Everywhere else we're looking at making additions to provide cover and competition. Whilst I agree we need more players and I'm sure they are coming, we could realistically go into the season with the current squad and a couple of season-long loanees and not worry too much. The team is good, it just lacks cover for injuries and suspensions, which can be handled with loans.

Just to be clear, I don't think we will make no permanent transfers, but nor do I think we need to worry. The team we have is good enough to stay up. This puts Burt and Cotterill in a good negotiating position because they are not desperate to sign anyone.

The only position we really need someone for desperately is up front. Everywhere else we're looking at making additions to provide cover and competition. Whilst I agree we need more players and I'm sure they are coming, we could realistically go into the season with the current squad and a couple of season-long loanees and not worry too much. The team is good, it just lacks cover for injuries and suspensions, which can be handled with loans.

Just to be clear, I don't think we will make no permanent transfers, but nor do I think we need to worry. The team we have is good enough to stay up. This puts Burt and Cotterill in a good negotiating position because they are not desperate to sign anyone.

Agree with that in principle. I do think we got very lucky last season in terms of suspension, serious injuries and the fact we made quite possibly one of the best loan signings ever for the club and at a time when we very short up front. In other words, our first choice strike pairing were not missed right in the middle of the season - not many sides would cope with that.

I wouldn't expect us to have that same fortune this season. I'd be happier with 90% of our recruitment done by the time the season kicks off.

I disagree. I don't think we are looking for cover and competition - Maguire as an enquiry alone seems to evidence that we're actively looking for first team regulars in positions where most fans feel we have quite adequate quality already. I'd suggest only a few players could really feel comfortable about them holding on to their position after that revelation.

As for bargaining position we are not going to be in a good one. All would almost universally agree we need numbers. The longer you leave it the weaker your bargaining position as desperation starts to settle in... - Blackpool

But, it is July and we are in a summer where there is no football competition so people are getting ahead of themselves a little bit. I'd still be very surprised if there was no announced this week however.

We're after a higher standard of player now and will have to be patient. It's a bit like buying a house - we're in a chain and probably waiting on Prem or Championship clubs to do some business before they're prepared to let players leave.

I disagree. I don't think we are looking for cover and competition - Maguire as an enquiry alone seems to evidence that we're actively looking for first team regulars in positions where most fans feel we have quite adequate quality already. I'd suggest only a few players could really feel comfortable about them holding on to their position after that revelation.

As for bargaining position we are not going to be in a good one. All would almost universally agree we need numbers. The longer you leave it the weaker your bargaining position as desperation starts to settle in... - Blackpool

But, it is July and we are in a summer where there is no football competition so people are getting ahead of themselves a little bit. I'd still be very surprised if there was no announced this week however.

I don't think Cotterill and Burt are looking for mere cover. I think they're more ambitious than that and you're right about the calibre of players they're going after.

My point was that the team we have is good enough to stay up as it is, provided they can find another striker from somewhere. That's the worst case scenario but if the first choice targets are unavailable then it would not be a complete disaster to go into the season with the squad we have and use loan signings to cover gaps. I don't think it would be good, but it would be better than making poor permanent signings out of desperation.

I don't think Cotterill and Burt are looking for mere cover. I think they're more ambitious than that and you're right about the calibre of players they're going after.

My point was that the team we have is good enough to stay up as it is, provided they can find another striker from somewhere. That's the worst case scenario but if the first choice targets are unavailable then it would not be a complete disaster to go into the season with the squad we have and use loan signings to cover gaps. I don't think it would be good, but it would be better than making poor permanent signings out of desperation.

Ah cool, wouldn't disagree with any of that.

We're after a higher standard of player now and will have to be patient. It's a bit like buying a house - we're in a chain and probably waiting on Prem or Championship clubs to do some business before they're prepared to let players leave.

Post of the day goes to you,

That's the problem with maguire, yes our enquirers were turned down but we may go back once hull have secured a defensive target,

This is the problem we will have good under contract players won't be let go until a replacement is lined up or a silly bid is made,

If we bid 5 million for maguire for example he'd prob be a city player now

We have a new rumour!

Rumour: Alan Judge from Brentford

Source: Mirrior

Discuss...

To be honest think the Jury's still out on this one.

Not sure that Cotterill has made a final verdict on him yet.

But the evidence points to something happening.

Thanks Dan

Saves me a post!

Archived