IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Judge would be a great signing. Wanted us to pick him up before brentford grabbed him a couple of years ago. Very happy.

Same he was great for Notts county and I believe he was there the same time as cotts so there is a link between the two be interesting to see if anything comes of it

Isn't judge a winger? Not a rwb. Can't see where he will fit in to a 3-5-2...

Reading his wiki he has been deployed a defensive midfielder.....I would think is more deep lying playmaker to be honest but he is perhaps more versatile than we are aware.

As soon as his name was mentioned I thought that's that winger with the big shot. So who knows!

• Admin

"Like Freeman" bothers me... 2 Freeman-types in one side? Or could this be a Freeman replacement?

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Watch Freeman closely, he does a lot of defensive work and I reckon he could actually do a decent enough job in a normal MC role, not just the AMC role we currently use him in.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Watch Freeman closely, he does a lot of defensive work and I reckon he could actually do a decent enough job in a normal MC role, not just the AMC role we currently use him in.

Its got to be said, for an attacking playmaker he puts in one hell of a shift defensively as well. Tracks back all the time and doesn't (worryingly some times) shirk a challenge.

I think of we bring him in the person who will most likely be dropped would be pack

The management are determined to give the players that got us up the best opportunity to impress. We are bound to bring a couple in, however Pack finished the season strongly and thus he will take a lot of hard work to budge.

Time will tell who will make it in the Championship but my personal thought is more than some on here might think!

Sorry I've caused a bit of confusion here chaps!

All I meant was hopefully two "Freemans" though suggesting this might be unlikely.... My main point is that I hope this isn't a replacement for Freeman (considering the speculation on here re. QPR).

Anyway, I completely agree his work rate and tracking back/covering are superb.

The management are determined to give the players that got us up the best opportunity to impress. We are bound to bring a couple in, however Pack finished the season strongly and thus he will take a lot of hard work to budge.

Time will tell who will make it in the Championship but my personal thought is more than some on here might think!

It's a nice thought but how do you explain the big bid for Maguire?

My opinion is if we can get better players, we'll sign them, and when it comes to selection sentiment won't come in to it.

It's a nice thought but how do you explain the big bid for Maguire?

My opinion is if we can get better players, we'll sign them, and when it comes to selection sentiment won't come in to it.

Its not about sentiment its about ability, Do the current players have the ability to step up. Its been mentioned by SC and others multiple times in the club in interviews etc...They deserve a chance to show if they can step up...As far as the bid for McGuire goes who knows what enquiries we have had for our players.

Have BCFC confirmed a bid for the player (Maguire) at 2.5M or any other price?...I am unclear?

Its not about sentiment its about ability, Do the current players have the ability to step up. Its been mentioned by SC and others multiple times in the club in interviews etc...They deserve a chance to show if they can step up...As far as the bid for McGuire goes who knows what enquiries we have had for our players.

Have BCFC confirmed a bid for the player (Maguire) at 2.5M or any other price?...I am unclear?

They confirmed that we enquires about him yes

Cool.

Enquiries no bid!?

Do we know what enquires we have had for our players?

The point is we have made no signings and made one enquiry to strengthen the squad that this board is aware of. So it would follow the existing players have the chance to impress in pre season that has been stated.

Of course City will look at players that will strengthen the squad in the opinion of the management, but they have to fit the club policy on price and age and also temperament.

The Maguire situation was not how BCFC do business. The club never talks money publicly and the fact that Steve Bruce threw a number out would probably not impress SL or the board...

Have BCFC confirmed a bid for the player (Maguire)

If it were club policy to give our best players the first chance to impress, then I'd agree with it

By 'best players' I mean Bryan, Ayling, Flint, K.Smith and Freeman. Depending on Cotts. view you can very likely add Williams, Wilbraham and Fielding too.

Apart from that I'd say all places are up for grabs and City will be aiming to make a number of signings to bolster not just the squad but the first 11, so you'd imagine 3 or 4 will be signed with the intention of slotting them straight into the team as superior to what we've already got.

I think that would be the correct policy too - we should be signing the sort of quality additions that enable our very best players to continue to thrive in the league above, and that means several players from last season, though good players and popular in both the dressing room and the stands will have to be dislodged, whether we like it or not.

If it were club policy to give our best players the first chance to impress, then I'd agree with it

By 'best players' I mean Bryan, Ayling, Flint, K.Smith and Freeman. Depending on Cotts. view you can very likely add Williams, Wilbraham and Fielding too.

Apart from that I'd say all places are up for grabs and City will be aiming to make a number of signings to bolster not just the squad but the first 11, so you'd imagine 3 or 4 will be signed with the intention of slotting them straight into the team as superior to what we've already got.

I think that would be the correct policy too - we should be signing the sort of quality additions that enable our very best players to continue to thrive in the league above, and that means several players from last season, though good players and popular in both the dressing room and the stands will have to be dislodged, whether we like it or not.

I refer you to my comment above!

-ish.

Keith Dawe confirmed our interest, our enquiry and that it is conceivable that those discussions could have been interpreted as a bid.

Personally I think the opposite to you and I think SC will be absolutely brutal if there was an opportunity to improve out there. I don't think there will be any sentiment or entitlements based upon last year... the way he gave Wade Elliot the ultimatum of you can stay here if you hang up your boots is quite telling

We have a new rumour!

Rumour: Alan Judge from Brentford

Source: Mirrior

Discuss...

I note that he has gone to Portugal with the rest of the Brentford squad......suggests to me that nothing is happening with this one.

I note that he has gone to Portugal with the rest of the Brentford squad......suggests to me that nothing is happening with this one.

If we were interested and a bid materialised then you'd expect him to be on the first EasyJet flight into Bristol. As he has gone to Portugal it would suggest nothing is happening at the moment.

-ish.

Keith Dawe confirmed our interest, our enquiry and that it is conceivable that those discussions could have been interpreted as a bid.

Personally I think the opposite to you and I think SC will be absolutely brutal if there was an opportunity to improve out there. I don't think there will be any sentiment or entitlements based upon last year... the way he gave Wade Elliot the ultimatum of you can stay here if you hang up your boots is quite telling

No you don't think the opposite to me. The club will give its players an opportunity to impress as this is how the club has been built and that team deserves that opportunity in preseason and currently as this 50 page thread will show we have signed no one.

If players fail to impress and the right players at fee, temperament and age come available then the squad will be added to and all players will have to fight for their places...This is how the thing is working currently...If a player comes in they will not be told they are a starter they will be told make the place in the team your own!

I refer you to my comment above!

Good. So in a nutshell my answer to your initial comment is some players, even most, will be given that first chance to impress, but several others will already have been earmarked for replacement.

There's no way we'll try and take on the best the Championship has to offer without bolstering the 11 who actually take to the pitch in several areas.

Archived