IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

If players fail to impress and the right players at fee, temperament and age come available then the squad will be added to and all players will have to fight for their places...This is how the thing is working currently...If a player comes in they will not be told they are a starter they will be told make the place in the team your own!

I don't think it would take players failing to impress for this to happen at this stage, SC would already have an idea in his head about that. Positions where we are currently low on would dictate who we sign. Signings should always be a step up from what we currently have.

Personally I don't think you should ever tell a player they will be a starter, the psychological results of telling everyone that all places are available is massive. I.E Bobby Reid, Scott Wagstaff, Adam El Abd etc will perform better believing that all places are available

Last season we had 11 on the pitch and 7 subs (maybe 6 if you discount the goalkeeper) that could affect the game. As it stands we will have 11 good players on the pitch and 7 that are less able to affect the game.

In League 1 one of the biggest differences between us and the others was that we could bring people off the bench and not affect the standard. Often we played opposition that brought on kids as subs.

I agree there is no need yet to panic but I just see there being too may new faces too late in pre-season.

The management are determined to give the players that got us up the best opportunity to impress. We are bound to bring a couple in, however Pack finished the season strongly and thus he will take a lot of hard work to budge.

Time will tell who will make it in the Championship but my personal thought is more than some on here might think!

My Initial comment above....We are bound to bring a couple in marked in RED

It's a nice thought but how do you explain the big bid for Maguire?

My opinion is if we can get better players, we'll sign them, and when it comes to selection sentiment won't come in to it.

Your comment...Big bid for Maguire is anecdotal we have apparently made and enquiry....Your comment if we can get players we will sign them there will be no sentiment....Exactly of course there will not... but the point is he is giving players a chance is what is happening right now as SC stated numerous times in view of who he wants to bring in!

Good. So in a nutshell my answer to your initial comment is some players, even most, will be given that first chance to impress, but several others will already have been earmarked for replacement.

Not what you said...as above

There's no way we'll try and take on the best the Championship has to offer without bolstering the 11 who actually take to the pitch in several areas. Exactly as I said some will come in...That was my initial comment! As stated further down sentiment is not an option, That was your word!

Five minute argument or the full half hour

No you don't think the opposite to me. The club will give its players an opportunity to impress as this is how the club has been built and that team deserves that opportunity in preseason and currently as this 50 page thread will show we have signed no one.

If players fail to impress and the right players at fee, temperament and age come available then the squad will be added to and all players will have to fight for their places...This is how the thing is working currently...If a player comes in they will not be told they are a starter they will be told make the place in the team your own!

I don't think SC behind closed doors will be so minded to make sure everyone has their shot opportunity, in spite of what he may say. The best example I can come up with is GK. From what you say Fielding could expect game time... but if Bunn was a go-er I would not have been surprised in the slightest if he started our first game of the season and continued throughout. That's the part where I disagree.

I don't think it would take players failing to impress for this to happen at this stage, SC would already have an idea in his head about that. Positions where we are currently low on would dictate who we sign. Signings should always be a step up from what we currently have.

Personally I don't think you should ever tell a player they will be a starter, the psychological results of telling everyone that all places are available is massive. I.E Bobby Reid, Scott Wagstaff, Adam El Abd etc will perform better believing that all places are available

I guess he does, but you never know who might state a claim as players get older, better and bigger...I agree never tell a payer he is a starter 100%, however I read comments about replacements every day on here. Players come in and join a squad. Which is policy. 2.5m signings are not what we are about "yet". 

Adam El Abd may turn into a great signing, once he has shaken a few things off...Who knows (he may not)...Give the boy a chance. It happened with Flint, Pack among others who came good subsequently...We have no new players. The club have stated they will give players a chance...This is not anecdotal or requires a source. Its what's happening, we are seeing it in front of us for now

I don't think SC behind closed doors will be so minded to make sure everyone has their shot opportunity, in spite of what he may say. The best example I can come up with is GK. From what you say Fielding could expect game time... but if Bunn was a go-er I would not have been surprised in the slightest if he started our first game of the season and continued throughout. That's the part where I disagree.

Yes I have some sympathy with that, but still no one new, so they are getting a chance regardless!

My Initial comment above....We are bound to bring a couple in marked in RED

Your comment...Big bid for Maguire is anecdotal we have apparently made and enquiry....Your comment if we can get players we will sign them there will be no sentiment....Exactly of course there will not... but the point is he is giving players a chance is what is happening right now as SC stated numerous times in view of who he wants to bring in!

Five minute argument or the full half hour

So, you agree that sentiment will not come into it, that it's very likely we will sign players with the express intention of replacing some of last years' team, and therefore some of those former first teamers players will NOT be given first chance to impress?

Hadn't been aware of an argument btw, just the usual convoluted discussion about BCFC!

So, you agree that sentiment will not come into it, that it's very likely we will sign players with the express intention of replacing some of last years' team, and therefore some of those former first teamers players will NOT be given first chance to impress?

Hadn't been aware of an argument btw, just the usual convoluted discussion about BCFC!

My intial comment as below

The management are determined to give the players that got us up the best opportunity to impress. We are bound to bring a couple in, however Pack finished the season strongly and thus he will take a lot of hard work to budge.

Time will tell who will make it in the Championship but my personal thought is more than some on here might think!

-----------------------------------------

Your answer...Included anecdotal comments about a bid you are unaware was even made for 2.5m asking me to explain it! and comments about bringing players in that I stated we would. Yep the full half hour it is then.

I thought the above comment by myself was pretty benign stuff, shows how little transfer news there is!! Does it not!

This reminds me of our relegation season....when an airport leak linked us to Heston and Wilson....sorry but we do need at least 4/5 players in....

We were fortunate last season with injuries. Saying that the Osbourne going out makes me think that we have a cb lined hp

This reminds me of our relegation season....when an airport leak linked us to Heston and Wilson....sorry but we do need at least 4/5 players in....

We were fortunate last season with injuries. Saying that the Osbourne going out makes me think that we have a cb lined hp

The nucleus of our squad is much stronger than then though. We started our relegation season with no game plan other than outscore the opposition. I agree we need players in, but id rather quality over quantity.

This reminds me of our relegation season....when an airport leak linked us to Heaton and Wilson....sorry but we do need at least 4/5 players in....

We were fortunate last season with injuries. Saying that the Osbourne going out makes me think that we have a cb lined up

I hope the manager gives everyone the chance to impress in friendlies and training and picks the players in form regardless of length of service or how much they cost.

Bolton are trying to sign Kevin Nolan.... surely he'd be worth a go, he may be 33 but still a good 2 or 3 years left in him. Would also add that bit of experience needed.

You're joking. He was worse than bad against us last season. Only premiership quality he showed was top class berating of the ref.

Barnsley bid turned down for Kyle Dempsey.

Wolves ready to loan out Lee Evans.

2 of my long term desired players there. Both realistic targets and would improve the squad.

Hope we're looking in this direction.

Archived