IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

You're joking. He was worse than bad against us last season. Only premiership quality he showed was top class berating of the ref.

At least the guy had the class to go and seek Korey Smith out after the game to swap shirts. He obviously recognised the real quality player on the pitch.

I remember a few years ago, someone on here's mate worked at the airport and took a picture of the check-in screen with all the players names on including Tom Heaton. First news of his signing broke on OTIB as a result.

Anyone know ofany people who work at the airport and can snap away when the players leave? Even if it's just a few of the squad we might be able to identify potential signings or trialists.

My intial comment as below

The management are determined to give the players that got us up the best opportunity to impress. We are bound to bring a couple in, however Pack finished the season strongly and thus he will take a lot of hard work to budge.

Time will tell who will make it in the Championship but my personal thought is more than some on here might think!

-----------------------------------------

Your answer...Included anecdotal comments about a bid you are unaware was even made for 2.5m asking me to explain it! and comments about bringing players in that I stated we would. Yep the full half hour it is then.

I thought the above comment by myself was pretty benign stuff, shows how little transfer news there is!! Does it not!

Benign it may be RO but it was that first sentence that drew my attention to your post and the implication as I saw it that you not only thought we were likely to commence with very much the same 11 starters as last season - due to 'a determination from the management to give the players that got us up the best chance to impress' - but the 'couple we are bound to bring in' ( I reckon a min. 6/7 overall btw) were therefore likely to be squad players rather than superior players being signed as very likely starters.

For what it's worth I reckon 5 new signings by KO with 2 or 3 starting at Hillsborough. We shall see.

Nothing to get too animated about, as with all this transfer stuff we're both largely guessing after all.

Wilbraham once had a partnership with hooper at Norwich I believe and korey played with them as well. I wonder if our players could have influence on him joining us should we show an interest

Pretty sure Wilbs was at Palace when they signed Hooper, and Korey was at Oldham but could be wrong.

Someone beat me to it, whoops.

As I mention BITW, was a case of putting 1 + 1 and get 7. I didn't do my research, it was a guess that I hoped was correct and one that would have been worthwhile if firstly it was correct and secondly, if we were after hooper. Sadly, one is wrong and the other is unlikely to bare fruit

Naki Wells

Billy sharp

Gary hooper

Adam Le fondre

What are peoples views on these four.

Experienced in championship

all have pedigree, good movement and know where the goal is.

Could be wrong as I usually am but feels like they have lost their way a little but fresh starts under Mr cottrill I think they would all have something to offer us.

Granted fees wages etc I have no clue about.

Naki Wells

Billy sharp

Gary hooper

Adam Le fondre

What are peoples views on these four.

Experienced in championship

all have pedigree, good movement and know where the goal is.

Could be wrong as I usually am but feels like they have lost their way a little but fresh starts under Mr cottrill I think they would all have something to offer us.

Granted fees wages etc I have no clue about.

Yep any of those would improve us I think, not sure what's up with Sharp, didn't have a great year last season by his standards but I've always rated him.

Yep any of those would improve us I think, not sure what's up with Sharp, didn't have a great year last season by his standards but I've always rated him.

I'd take any one of those maybe two but to be perfectly honest I do think those players will be looking for a better team then us at this moment in time,

If we were to sign them it will be towards the end of the window

Seems no one on this forum has a clue as to the players we are after. I am beginning to wonder if we are in the market for some real quality players. With the stadium redevelopment complete at the end of the season I am sure SL would not want us flirting with relegation this season. If there is a time to splash some cash then this years as good as any.

I'd take any one of those maybe two but to be perfectly honest I do think those players will be looking for a better team then us at this moment in time,

If we were to sign them it will be towards the end of the window

Yes I agree with you but I was just responding to the post at face value, as in "would I like them here".

Guys don't forget the gesturing Sharp gave us away at Donny at the end of the game. If you were there you wouldn't forgive. It was Thompson away at Swindon x 10

I take it you've never been to the Gate when Ian Holloway is the opposition's manager? If Billy Sharp has you by the curlies then seeing the ovation Holloway will get walking along the Ateyo and Williams will make you die a little inside.

Sky sports saying Sharp to Sheffield Utd for 500k

He's been there before and was born in Sheffield played for and came through the youth academy there and is a fan so makes sense,

Don't think we would be in with a shout with them interested

Seems no one on this forum has a clue as to the players we are after. I am beginning to wonder if we are in the market for some real quality players. With the stadium redevelopment complete at the end of the season I am sure SL would not want us flirting with relegation this season. If there is a time to splash some cash then this years as good as any.

Woodsy does..... he told me yesterday whats going on......

Archived