IGNORED

The Annoying Things Your Partner Does Thread.

Lack of Action Man

It's off season, which means there's little else to do than moan about the women in our lives (or men, if you're that way inclined), so I'll start.

It's really starting to piss me off how many times I have to plunge the toilet because she uses so much ******* bog roll! How can I stop her from using a whole roll each time she needs a slash?!

It's off season, which means there's little else to do than moan about the women in our lives (or men, if you're that way inclined), so I'll start.

It's really starting to piss me off how many times I have to plunge the toilet because she uses so much ******* bog roll! How can I stop her from using a whole roll each time she needs a slash?!

Not my Mrs, but my 10 yr old daughter does exactly this. I reckon it's a combination of too much paper and the pathetic flushing capabilities of modern bogs

It's really starting to piss me off how many times I have to plunge the toilet because she uses so much fecking bog roll! How can I stop her from using a whole roll each time she needs a slash?!

Squash the loo roll before you put it on the holder thing. You will find that it doesn't unroll so smoothly and so people use less. We used to do this in nurseries I worked at, otherwise the kids would end up looking like they had a fight with the Andrex puppy in the bathrooms.

Try this and report back!

Not my Mrs, but my 10 yr old daughter does exactly this. I reckon it's a combination of too much paper and the pathetic flushing capabilities of modern bogs

It must be a common denominator in 10-year-old girls!

My eldest has blocked the upstairs cludgie so many times we permanently keep a plunger next to it.

We have a side table, just inside and to the right of the front door:  when I come into the house, I drop the car keys there.

When my wife comes into the house she drops the keys there, or in the kitchen, or the dining room, or the bedroom, or the study, or sticks them in one of her various bags and cases.

When I leave the house, I find I have a great deal less hassle in getting away if I was the last person to use the car.

We have a side table, just inside and to the right of the front door:  when I come into the house, I drop the car keys there.

When my wife comes into the house she drops the keys there, or in the kitchen, or the dining room, or the bedroom, or the study, or sticks them in one of her various bags and cases.

When I leave the house, I find I have a great deal less hassle in getting away if I was the last person to use the car.

Exactly. I'd go so far as to say that no one should get married unless they're prepared to be asked where the car keys are 3 times a day.

When a man tidies up he puts things where they are easily to hand, and in the same place as last time.

When a woman tidies up she puts things out of sight totally at random, with no recollection of where she puts them.

That is all you need to know.

Mrs Robbo tidies up and afterwards I can't find any of my stuff - that's annoying.

If I ask her "where's my so and so" all I usually get is "you left it lying around and I've had to put it away". No indication of where she's put it either. Then I have to start searching.......that's bloody annoying as well.

That drives me mad.

I normally find every so often I'll go through the kitchen cupboards, or the the infamous one under the stairs, and give them a proper tidy and organise everything.

A few weeks later all are back to being a disorganised mess, as when the wife "tidys" it just mean moving everything out of sight as quickly as possible, with no thought to the future when she might need to find something.

Hoarding. Can't throw anything away, doesn't want to organise the ever growing mountain of stuff. Tidying up just means putting in a pile rather than any attempt to organise. My solution has been to quietly chuck stuff out. There's been the odd argument but it's better than going mad...

That drives me mad.

I normally find every so often I'll go through the kitchen cupboards, or the the infamous one under the stairs, and give them a proper tidy and organise everything.

A few weeks later all are back to being a disorganised mess, as when the wife "tidys" it just mean moving everything out of sight as quickly as possible, with no thought to the future when she might need to find something.

Yours too? :facepalm:

We wouldn't have to tidy if you blokes put stuff away everytime you used something!!! Instead you like things to hand, just incase you need them...use something once and then leave it out for months. The day I finally flip and put it away will be the very day MrRedM gets it out again, Grrrrr!

Never admitting to being wrong

Filling up the sink with dishes and walking away

Having a stubbly tuppence. FFS how long does it take to give it a once over with the razor?

First point- just accept it. Mrs Robbo is exactly the same.

Second point- just leave it and eventually she'll get the message. Either that or get a dishwasher.

Third point- do it for her.....

Never admitting to being wrong

Filling up the sink with dishes and walking away

Having a stubbly tuppence. FFS how long does it take to give it a once over with the razor?

Filling the sink up is my pet hate! Why not leave them in a pile on the side? Otherwise when it comes to washing up the sink needs to be emptied first! I also ask that the dishes are run under the tap to remove food etc otherwise when left it becomes more difficult to remove but no thats too much to ask.

Archived