IGNORED

The Annoying Things Your Partner Does Thread.

Lack of Action Man

1) Saying one thing to me that is totally thought out and sensible, then speaking to somebody else and completely contradicting it.

2) Magically forgetting simple things so that I have to do it

3) A month after being treated to clothes, dinner and an all-inclusive holiday - 'We never do anything nice' 

:grr:

Where's MY keys

Where's MY make up

Where's MY glasses

Where's MY contact lenses

You get the picture

Washing up also includes drying up and putting away. That is just foreign to the future Mrs Woodsy

Not putting stuff on the calendar....that really boils my piss

And I've only got until September to get her trained.....I'm losing this one, chaps!

I feel I must answer a few points here:

Woodsy, her head is probably full of juggling 20 things at once (you blokes tend to do one thing at a time), multitasking is not a myth. No wonder the poor girl puts down her glasses/contact lenses and forgets where, and without them she obviously can't find her keys, make up etc!

Kermit/Robbored: haven't you worked it out yet, I'll let you into a secret...with females it's all about the build up! Yes the holiday might have been nice, and the meal etc...but it's all about the planning, months and months of preparing, deciding what to wear, what to take, who's going etc etc etc. I'd say a high percentage of the enjoyment is dropping holiday destinations into workplace/family conversations and trying to get others envious.

Planning your own wedding is a classic example, months of deciding colours, how napkins should be folded and all that crud. Very soon after the big day the girl feels flat as she isn't the centre of attention and mentally occupied like she was. I absolutely hate all this stuff, but have seen it sooooo many times.

Where's MY keys

Where's MY make up

Where's MY glasses

Where's MY contact lenses

You get the picture

Washing up also includes drying up and putting away. That is just foreign to the future Mrs Woodsy

Not putting stuff on the calendar....that really boils my piss

And I've only got until September to get her trained.....I'm losing this one, chaps!

Why buy a book, Woodsy, when you can join the library...

Woodsy, her head is probably full of juggling 20 things at once (you blokes tend to do one thing at a time), multitasking is not a myth. No wonder the poor girl puts down her glasses/contact lenses and forgets where, and without them she obviously can't find her keys, make up etc!

Kermit/Robbored: haven't you worked it out yet, I'll let you into a secret...with females it's all about the build up! Yes the holiday might have been nice, and the meal etc...but it's all about the planning, months and months of preparing, deciding what to wear, what to take, who's going etc etc etc. I'd say a high percentage of the enjoyment is dropping holiday destinations into workplace/family conversations and trying to get others envious.

Planning your own wedding is a classic example, months of deciding colours, how napkins should be folded and all that crud. Very soon after the big day the girl feels flat as she isn't the centre of attention and mentally occupied like she was. I absolutely hate all this stuff, but have seen it sooooo many times.

She is planning our wedding M, that I must admit to. But surely one place for all these things isn't a tricky thing?

Why buy a book, Woodsy, when you can join the library...

Never heard that before Robbo, that. Genuinely made I laugh, well done!

I've had plenty of experience with both working and being in relationships with them. During my career I had two female bosses, one was a cow the other a darling. Guess which one I respected?

To me women have much in common with the principle of internal combustion engine namely there are millions of different models based on the same theory. From Rolls Royce to a clapped out old banger. Very different but essentially based on the same principle.

Women are like that. Very different but with similar traits.

This thread kinda supports that idea.....

Dishes thing 100%, winds me up every time. Tidying things away is another - which basically means shoving them into a random drawer.

Also filling the car up to the brim from either a service station or little independent costing an extra 10p a litre.. "Sorry love I didn't see the price"

Also filling the car up to the brim from either a service station or little independent costing an extra 10p a litre.. "Sorry love I didn't see the price"

Maybe this is why I am still single, as I do the opposite of a lot of the things posted in here.  That one for example, I ALWAYS check where the petrol is cheapest this week, even if it means I have to drive a few extra miles to get there.

In the name of balance, I have to reply to this thread...

I do the cooking in my house except the odd occasion when Mr Peg cooks his specialty Spag Bol. I put all the cooking utensils on the side to wash up (I always wash up!) whereas Mr Peg lumps them in the sink. He also has to use every damned utensil in the damned kitchen...

My house keys are always in my handbag. Mr Peg chucks his behind the sofa cushions, on the bed, kitchen sideboard etc...

So what annoys me about Mr Peg apart from the above?

-Towels on the bed.

-The fact when he gets in the bath, the water gets out and he has yet to realise what a mop is for...

-General scattering of soiled clothes and underwear. The wash bin is in the kitchen and he undresses everywhere else.

-He llllooooovvvveeesss films. I'm not anti films but we could never have Sky Movies in our house.

-He is very hairy. Though I appreciate a gorilla like coating in a man, I don't appreciate seeing it in my bath when he's got out of it. The amount he moults could be spun and made into little dog coats...

If I think of more, of which there are bound to be, I'll let you know...

In the name of balance, I have to reply to this thread...

I do the cooking in my house except the odd occasion when Mr Peg cooks his specialty Spag Bol. I put all the cooking utensils on the side to wash up (I always wash up!) whereas Mr Peg lumps them in the sink. He also has to use every damned utensil in the damned kitchen...

My house keys are always in my handbag. Mr Peg chucks his behind the sofa cushions, on the bed, kitchen sideboard etc...

So what annoys me about Mr Peg apart from the above?

-Towels on the bed.

-The fact when he gets in the bath, the water gets out and he has yet to realise what a mop is for...

-General scattering of soiled clothes and underwear. The wash bin is in the kitchen and he undresses everywhere else.

-He llllooooovvvveeesss films. I'm not anti films but we could never have Sky Movies in our house.

-He is very hairy. Though I appreciate a gorilla like coating in a man, I don't appreciate seeing it in my bath when he's got out of it. The amount he moults could be spun and made into little dog coats...

If I think of more, of which there are bound to be, I'll let you know...

Are you the wife of the FIFA chap Septic Bladder ?

Compared to Mrs Robbo mk1, Mrs Robbo mk2 is a saint.

I'd say her main flaw is the common feminine trait of being able to obsess for hours over some minor tiff.

A typical evening might find her telling me about something her sister did that annoyed her. I listen and make sympathetic noises. Several hours later I might still be listening to the same minor grievance and making increasingly quieter sympathetic noises.

It's usually at this point that I decide to go down the pub!

Several times over the past few years I have been criticised by my wife for exactly this.

Choosing a last minutish(ish) holiday in a wonderful resort/hotel, 5star luxury at a 3star price, but criticised because my wife would have preferred to have been able to look forward to said holiday for longer: no complaints with the holiday itself, just would have preferred to have looked forward to it and paid twice the price for the privilege. 

Dishes thing 100%, winds me up every time. Tidying things away is another - which basically means shoving them into a random drawer.

I could almost guarantee my missus would have absolutely no idea how much a litre of petrol costs!

As we are on the subject of motoring if I put in 30 quid it generally lasts much longer than when my partner puts in 30 quid. Our driving styles are polar opposites. Coming upto a roundabout/junction/red light etc I lift and coast. I am also gental on the accelerator where as my partner speeds right up to the stop line and slams the brakes on and then accelerates from a stop as if its the start of a motor race.

Most of our arguements are about driving.

So what is married life actually like?  I wouldn't know, but from what I have heard it is generally a massive ball ache and there is plenty of unhappy people who are just going through the motions. A couple of comments here seem to back that up! Dark times.

So what is married life actually like? I wouldn't know, but from what I have heard it is generally a massive ball ache and there is plenty of unhappy people who are just going through the motions. A couple of comments here seem to back that up! Dark times.

It's like any relationship. It has it's ups and downs. Mines on a down, but that's because we have an 11 month old baby. Time is short and we're both tired. I know from my previous child that things will get better and easier.

Archived