IGNORED

The Annoying Things Your Partner Does Thread.

Lack of Action Man

It's like any relationship. It has it's ups and downs. Mines on a down, but that's because we have an 11 month old baby. Time is short and we're both tired. I know from my previous child that things will get better and easier.

Ha, you're still not selling it to me! ;)

Hope things get easier for you soon.

So what is married life actually like?  I wouldn't know, but from what I have heard it is generally a massive ball ache and there is plenty of unhappy people who are just going through the motions. A couple of comments here seem to back that up! Dark times.

It's not all bad although I am in the middle of getting divorced! :laugh:

And if you can laugh about it then you are winning.

But my God, its a mine field out there!

Like most things mate you go through a bad experience, hope the next one is better!

Might give Hopesy a call and go on the pull.

Cheers buddy. Still see my boy plenty went to a few games with me last season and loved it.

That's good. It's divorces where children are used as a weapon that mentally hurts all concerned - especially the kids.

Although I am very bitter about what happened in my first marriage and will never forgive certain things, I internalise all that and am light, friendly and non-provocative towards the first Mrs Robbo. I have to recognise too that the catalogue of wrongs was not all one-way.

As a consequence, I still spend lots of time with the girls and even some time with their mum. She confides in me all her disastrous dating stories. We are friends now, albeit friends with a history.

I never want to go back to being with her again, but in terms of a divorce, not letting all the bitterness get out there, not wanting to "make my point" and writing a house I bought off has led me to a better place with my first family than I ever thought I'd be in.

So what is married life actually like? I wouldn't know, but from what I have heard it is generally a massive ball ache and there is plenty of unhappy people who are just going through the motions. A couple of comments here seem to back that up! Dark times.

The first ten years are the worst :noexp:

Cheers buddy. Still see my boy plenty went to a few games with me last season and loved it.

That's good, kids are the important thing

I was out with my ex wife and her brother last weekend, with all the girls. I'm lucky that we all get on, me with her new husband and her with future Mrs Woodsy

Life is too short, no one done anything behind anyone's back, no one died - just time to move on. Shit at the time, but can't complain how it's turned out

Marriage can be tricky especially when your kids grow up and start leading their own lives.

Yes I'd agree with that. You meet and you are 'John & Jane', get engaged, buy a place/live together/get married (in no particular order), then if kiddies come along you are suddenly more 'Mum & Dad' than 'John & Jane. Kids grow up and you are still Mum and Dad but more John & Jane again, but perhaps very different people than before. I thought I read somewhere that statistically this is when many divorces happen?

I think it's a lot about compromise and adapting to change, considering other people where as a single person you can please yourself and have to be independant?

Yes I'd agree with that. You meet and you are 'John & Jane', get engaged, buy a place/live together/get married (in no particular order), then if kiddies come along you are suddenly more 'Mum & Dad' than 'John & Jane. Kids grow up and you are still Mum and Dad but more John & Jane again, but perhaps very different people than before. I thought I read somewhere that statistically this is when many divorces happen?

I think it's a lot about compromise and adapting to change, considering other people where as a single person you can please yourself and have to be independant?

What happens if your not called John or Jane ?

I know exactly what you mean. However there are some wannabe comedians on here who pretend they dont get what your saying....

I know exactly what you mean. However there are some wannabe comedians on here who pretend they dont get what your saying....

Oh they are fine really. I'm sure everybody has a little of both sides in them.

Marriage is like football. A game of two halves. You have good times and rough times. Teamwork and communication are key... Mr Peg and I had a bit of a whirlwind romance and married within 6 months of us being together. Plenty of people knocked it to start with saying we were just young and rushing into it but I'm pleased to say in 2016, we'll be celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary and we've had some real bumps in the road to work with.

So yeah, marriage really is like football. Juggle life's footballs and you either hoof it or score a goal.

Ok you two, I just knew it would descend into chaos if I tried to post something sensible for once. Hint taken. Normal service has nw resumed.

Sorry Red, but we are old men and get confused and tend to ramble on. I do understand what you mean though. I am now on No 3 with No 4 lined up and am trying to talk Dolls into being No 5. This marriage lark can get tiring and that's without taking the Sprogs into account !!

Sorry Red, but we are old men and get confused and tend to ramble on. I do understand what you mean though. I am now on No 3 with No 4 lined up and am trying to talk Dolls into being No 5. This marriage lark can get tiring and that's without taking the Sprogs into account !!

You've been trying to line me up since you were on number 2!!! :thumbsup:

Ah, but this old man has a hedgehog to stop him rambling and keep him sane :D

I'm a much better person as a married man than I was before. Granted she pisses me right off a lot of the time but that's half the fun. We have 2 kids, 3 and 10 weeks and they've bought nothing but joy. I know some wives and they are the proper fun police, mine gives me free reign when required!!

• Admin

Woodsy, her head is probably full of juggling 20 things at once (you blokes tend to do one thing at a time), multitasking is not a myth. No wonder the poor girl puts down her glasses/contact lenses and forgets where, and without them she obviously can't find her keys, make up etc!

May I suggest that if by concentrating on "20 things at once" all tasks are done to a poor standard that women try out the tried and tested method of "concentrating on 1 thing at a time" favoured by men. If not men will just have to continue to pick up the pieces where women have failed. ;)

May I suggest that if by concentrating on "20 things at once" all tasks are done to a poor standard that women try out the tried and tested method of "concentrating on 1 thing at a time" favoured by men. If not men will just have to continue to pick up the pieces where women have failed. ;)

Ha, next time she's on one I'm showing her this....that should calm things down!

Archived