IGNORED

Clough Sacked

Manon

Not surprised- Driving back from Chesterfield listening to the local radio phone in, the fans wanted to see him sacked even if he managed to get them up through the play-offs.

The style of play was the main thing with many callers saying that it was the worst brand of football they had ever seen at the club.

Cooper would be a great shout, although pretty football is secondary on the list of priorities for Sheffield UTD & their fans. They've dealt with succesful hoof ball for a generation & flirted with the shadow of bigger things, IF Cooper had a bit of cash I'm sure he could turn them into a decent championship team, but I'd suggest their dilutions of grandeur will see the fans calling for a "name". A club definiteky fitting into the bigger than they are bracket!

Big Sam would be a good fit, arrogant, hoofball merchant who's based up north & is capable of winning promotion.

I'm not saying it's realistic, just that it would be a good move for them.

He's stated publicly that he wants a few months off & there's also the issue of finances and dropping to league one................................

Not surprised- Driving back from Chesterfield listening to the local radio phone in, the fans wanted to see him sacked even if he managed to get them up through the play-offs.

The style of play was the main thing with many callers saying that it was the worst brand of football they had ever seen at the club.

Jesus, that's saying something mate after a "lifetime" under Beasant! They must have short memories down there!

Jesus, that's saying something mate after a "lifetime" under Beasant! They must have short memories down there!

It was quite bizarre... The callers were phoning up to have a go at the presenter for saying that if Clough got them up it was a job well done.... They weren't even giving an opinion but were just shouting at the presenter he was wrong!.. after a while the presenter just started doing the same! 

Not surprised in the slightest. Don't rate him at all as I have mentioned once or twice on here this season.

This.

Massively under achieved there. The cup run was a brilliant distraction to stop him being exposed for the bang average manager he is. Let's not forget they might not have even made the play offs had he not gone out a signed something like 5 players in January.

Tactically clueless and an extremely boring man. Cheerio.

His teams remind me of Wison's City teams; so often up for the 'big games' in the league (example; handing us our biggest loss, at home no less) but not doing the business needed against teams who if your aims is automatic, you have to beat (see; losing to Yeovil away after they were relegated).

They could do better.

They will get hundreds of applicants.

Exactly. Over 50% of sacked managers never get a manager's job again, which isn't surprising due to the number of ex players starting out as managers each year. More and more people looking for a job, but a fixed number of clubs.

Takes over when they were on a huge downward spiral - and in the following season takes them to the FA Cup semis and play offs.

They would've been nailed on autos next season with him there IMO - who are they expecting to get in that can do better?

Archived