IGNORED

The Fifa 14

havanatopia

I understand the FBI with full Swiss cooperation are making arrests and raids as i write this; 14 high ranking FIFA officials are being arrested and charged with corruption, money laundering and racketeering.

Three questions...

1. I understand Splatter is not on that list... Why?

2. Will this, nevertheless, be his Waterloo?

3. Planned or not to coincide with this weeks election will it derail his re-election?

Its good news regardless. I will make the following prediction... He will be re-elected but ousted in a coup long before his time is up and arrested later down the line and then charged.

The end is nigh Splatter... If i were u i would wire your ill gotten gains and head for Moscow.

This day could be a real game changer for football. May 27th, 2015. Let us hope so, it is long overdue.

Edited by havanatopia

I fear that this will have absolutely no impact on Blatter's continual dictatorship. Indeed, would be shocked if it did.

Warner has not been an ally (nor relevant) for some time, so if he is one of those arrested, it's likely Blatter is strengthening his position, if anything. Or like before, merely sacrificing some irrelevancies or his opposition in a laughable attempt to keep the west (well, FIFAs major sponsors at least) happy.

Though I happen to believe football would be in a far better place without his influence, I have a healthy respect for the way he has brazenly manipulated the FIFA cabal all these years, it must take some skill to implicitly endorse vast quantities of corruption yet appear to remain, to the authorities at least, unimpeachable.

I fear his rival stands no chance, nor would expect no real change even if they did win.

The election is sadly democratic; each member nation gets one vote, since virtually all of the football associations owe their money and vote to Blatter, they will not bite the hand that's feeds them, since potentially voting him out may cost them their lines of undeclared income.

Hope that's cynical enough for everyone!

Edited by awbb

It's not Warner who's been arrested, it's his successor Jeffrey Webb- along with others- who IS a Blatter ally as far as I know?

I don't think this has anything to do with Sep trying to strengthen anything, it's being driven by authorities in the USA. The Americans have no investment in Blatter so I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Blatter given the chance, but as Webb is chief of CONCACAF, I imagine it's got more to do with bribery and money movement on their own continent rather than globally

It's not Warner who's been arrested, it's his successor Jeffrey Webb- along with others- who IS a Blatter ally as far as I know?

I don't think this has anything to do with Sep trying to strengthen anything, it's being driven by authorities in the USA. The Americans have no investment in Blatter so I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Blatter given the chance, but as Webb is chief of CONCACAF, I imagine it's got more to do with bribery and money movement on their own continent rather than globally

Fair enough. IF they succeed with investigation and successfully try the charged party, then I suppose there is scope to bring significant pressure to bear on Blatter, purely on grounds that he was supposed to be overseeing an organisation where this stuff was going on. Getting a resignation that way, would all smack a bit of Al Capone being found guilty on charges of Tax Evasion though!

However, if it does go to court it will take years to resolve, more than enough for Blatter to award himself at least one more presidential term!

It's fair to say, Blatter's never lacked self-confidence, so I would not be surprised that if somehow they did get to him, he'd play it out as brazenly as every other challenge he's faced.

Fair enough. IF they succeed with investigation and successfully try the charged party, then I suppose there is scope to bring significant pressure to bear on Blatter, purely on grounds that he was supposed to be overseeing an organisation where this stuff was going on. Getting a resignation that way, would all smack a bit of Al Capone being found guilty on charges of Tax Evasion though!

However, if it does go to court it will take years to resolve, more than enough for Blatter to award himself at least one more presidential term!

It's fair to say, Blatter's never lacked self-confidence, so I would not be surprised that if somehow they did get to him, he'd play it out as brazenly as every other challenge he's faced.

Oh yeah, if this is all proven then it will make Blatter's position very difficult, but he's been in 'difficult' positions before and come out smelling of roses. The best hope is that one of those arrested offers up bigger fish in a plea bargain. The Yanks LOVE a high profile bust and bringing down the president of the worlds wealthiest and most powerful sports organisation would be right up their street. But I don't think Blatter is the prime motivation as things stand Edited by chipdawg

If there was widespread corruption then Septic Bladder must have been in the know - he has been in post for so many years.

No Sh*t.  Its the worlds worst kept secret that the organization is rotten to the core and Blatter is a fundamental part of that.  Its just amazing how nobody has been arrested sooner.

Hopefully this is the start of creating a transparent and non-profit football governing body.  That is the dream.

Edited by Collis1

If there was widespread corruption then Septic Bladder must have been in the know - he has been in post for so many years.

Just to play devil's advocate (and I caveat not necessarily representative of my own views) ... oh boy his will not be popular...

The FBI have clearly been investigating this matter earnestly. They are confident enough in the evidence they have collected to launch these dawn raids against 14 individuals. It's important also that they were able to convince the Swiss authorities that their evidence was strong enough to secure full cooperation (remember this is Switzerland - Mr Neutral..).

Therefore if there was truly anything on Mr Blatter do you not think:

a) they would have uncovered it during the investigation which was thorough enough to collect the requisite evidence against these other 14. Not only did they collect enough evidence, that evidence was strong enough to convince the Swiss authorities to assist in raids carried out by foreigners (the FBI) within their jurisdiction; and

b) if there were matters relating to Mr Blatter to investigate these raids would not have occurred until that investigation was complete in order to not put that investigation in jeopardy.

Now that's outta the way I'm not sure where my opinion is - whether I believe perhaps Blatter is innocent of corruption or whether this is just the start. The fact that it's a US-led initiative I think they would be gunning for the guy at the top first and foremost - just not sure how to interpret the failure to land him.

Just to play devil's advocate (and I caveat not necessarily representative of my own views) ... oh boy his will not be popular...

The FBI have clearly been investigating this matter earnestly. They are confident enough in the evidence they have collected to launch these dawn raids against 14 individuals. It's important also that they were able to convince the Swiss authorities that their evidence was strong enough to secure full cooperation (remember this is Switzerland - Mr Neutral..).

Therefore if there was truly anything on Mr Blatter do you not think:

a) they would have uncovered it during the investigation which was thorough enough to collect the requisite evidence against these other 14. Not only did they collect enough evidence, that evidence was strong enough to convince the Swiss authorities to assist in raids carried out by foreigners (the FBI) within their jurisdiction; and

b) if there were matters relating to Mr Blatter to investigate these raids would not have occurred until that investigation was complete in order to not put that investigation in jeopardy.

Now that's outta the way I'm not sure where my opinion is - whether I believe perhaps Blatter is innocent of corruption or whether this is just the start. The fact that it's a US-led initiative I think they would be gunning for the guy at the top first and foremost - just not sure how to interpret the failure to land him.

Think you have over thought this one considering it has only just happened.  Maybe Blatter is elsewhere and will be arrested later, or they don't quite have the goods on him at this stage.

Either way, there is no way that Blatter has not had a hand in the 'alleged' corruption.

Edited by Collis1

Think you have over thought this one considering it has only just happened.  Maybe Blatter is elsewhere and will be arrested later, or they don't quite have the goods on him at this stage.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, not sure what my own views are yet - as you say it's very early in the day. I'm not going to get drawn in to making accusations of Blatter but I'm sure if most of us were in the pub we'd find agreement in some of our assumptions and presumptions about certain matters.

Just a thought - could be in a Russian airport.