IGNORED

The Fifa 14

havanatopia

I'm backing the bid - I still have my flag  :englandsmile4wf:

I'd quite like 2022 to be in Oz

me too,.....oz a good shout but the Yanks are gonna want something out of this, be nice to know that the winners will be able to tax any money paid to Fifa

as this was one of the stipulations of previous bids and the reason the Dutch puled out.

If proven that the vote was rigged then how could it be held in Russia

It still could be, apparently those who are found guilty of corruption will obviously have their vote thrown out. Then they will do a 're-count' from the remaining 'legit' members. If the initial legit members majority of votes were for Russia then it will stay in Russia. Likewise Qatar, which is far more likely as they won the vote by an absolute landslide.

It still could be, apparently those who are found guilty of corruption will obviously have their vote thrown out. Then they will do a 're-count' from the remaining 'legit' members. If the initial legit members majority of votes were for Russia then it will stay in Russia. Likewise Qatar, which is far more likely as they won the vote by an absolute landslide.

Good point,but just think the USA will want to give the Russians a serious bloody nose & if common sense is part of the investigation Qatar will be scrapped.

but only my opinion

Good point,but just think the USA will want to give the Russians a serious bloody nose & if common sense is part of the investigation Qatar will be scrapped.

but only my opinion

Completely agree but too good to be true I feel. I will just be happy with that snivelling**** Blatter being ousted.

If noise starts coming from political circles about the 2018 World Cup switching, it'll be clear this is more about geo politics than the American authorities being wholly altruistic in their motives.

I would still go and get a double whopper, pack of Budweiser and put on a suit to salute a star spangled banner each anniversary if it achieves its aims, regardless of the motive.

Is with all criminal gangs,you round up the foot soldiers and get them to flip on the godfather

And the Americans are particularly good at this, they use this 'rolling up' method in corporate corruption cases all the time.

If your a rich 80 year old used to the good life, do you spent the rest of your life locked up, or do you give up those above you?

FIFA may be big, but no match for the full force of the USA/FBI

Just sit tight and watch my friend.

Don't get me wrong, H. If the tier 1 sponsors threaten to pull out, and Uefa make good their boycott threat, Blatter will go.

Don't expect to see him being extradited to a US prison is what I was saying. He has too many friends in Switzerland.

Don't get me wrong, H. If the tier 1 sponsors threaten to pull out, and Uefa make good their boycott threat, Blatter will go.

Don't expect to see him being extradited to a US prison is what I was saying. He has too many friends in Switzerland.

discredited and gone will suit me

Could Sky be involved as well?

nah i wouldn't of thought so, they never have been given the chance to bid for the rights to show world cup football, and I can't remember them ever being a FIFA sponser, if this scandle was UEFA then maybe but not FIFA

If noise starts coming from political circles about the 2018 World Cup switching, it'll be clear this is more about geo politics than the American authorities being wholly altruistic in their motives.

Interestingly though Barrs is the fact that the 2018/2022 investigation is being conducted, at least in public, by the Swiss Authorities. This is well planned and choreographed by the US and Switzerland with other Football bodies, behind the scenes, lending their advise and support.

The US Justice Dept are very savvy operators, they have to be, and they know better than anyone that to be seen to be over reaching, even if they are not, is a potential banana skin; the fact they have the full support of the Swiss is key here and for them to be 'handling' the 2018/2022 investigation is a very sensible and obvious move therefore.

What is less sensible are the remarks today from Putin; firstly by criticising the US, secondly by publicly backing Blatter and thirdly by being a hypocrite in saying the following and I quote "Sport and Politics should be kept separate" Putin is President of Russia and therefore at the zenith of Russian politics and what is he talking about?.. duhhh.. Sport.

Is this guy an idiot, is it purely for Russian consumption or does he bizarrely, coldly or sadistically love winding us up? Bizarre that one for me. He loves to pick a fight that guy he really does. He behaves like he is on some adversarial computer game, in fact he looks a bit like one of those computer generated avatars.. one of the ugly ones though. 

Edited by havanatopia

Red, i am not sure even then that he will go considering Asia and Africa federations have come out in support.. its a sorry state of affairs though if those two continents can hold the balance of power over Europe and the Americas, the traditional power houses. This is pure Blatter influence playing out here but I think the pack of cards could fall rather quickly following the UEFA meeting today; especially if the Americas follow suit. Losing both surely would be too much even for teflon.

As for friends in Switzerland? Somebody on this thread said that FIFA tried, perhaps succeeded, to indict some Swiss Justice people.. if that is true there is severe bad blood.. I think with or without that though you might be surprised that he has severely over-reached this time and his friends might start falling away. Again, I think the UEFA meeting is key here to knocking over that first building block card.