IGNORED

The Fifa 14

havanatopia

No it wouldn't.

Europe are only 54 confederations out of 209.

The world cup would go ahead without Europe - and the vast majority of viewers are not from Europe...

It may go ahead ,but who would want to watch it and more importantly who would want to sponsor it..?

Here's a good quote from one of the idiots that voted for Blatter,

Before Friday's election Guinea-Bissau FA president Manuel Nascimento Lopes told the Inside World Football website  that voting for anyone but Blatter would be a "blasphemy". "Tomorrow we are going to vote for Blatter. How do we know anyone else would be any better?" he asked. :grr:  :facepalm:  :doh:

Here's a good quote from one of the idiots that voted for Blatter,

Before Friday's election Guinea-Bissau FA president Manuel Nascimento Lopes told the Inside World Football website that voting for anyone but Blatter would be a "blasphemy". "Tomorrow we are going to vote for Blatter. How do we know anyone else would be any better?" he asked. :grr::facepalm::doh:

From his perspective he is of course 'bang on the money' !! The election was always a side show, a charade. There are outside forces now... That is why we ARE witnessing a game changer in motion but it will take time.

For those nations who have trousered truck loads of cash since 1998 voting elsewhere would be tantamount to starving yourself and quite possibly landing yourself in prison... So i agree... No dumb ass from Africa or Asia wants that to befall them.

Splatter courted these two continents from the off in 1998 and this is his first line of defence. This guy will be re-elected for the next 50 years if they can keep him alive, even on his sick bed and a life support machine.

Only the might of the US can precipitate his fall... Let the game begin.

Edited by havanatopia

Never mind the euros FA our own FA should tell them to do one now; will they??????? nah pigs and trough comes to mind........our beautiful game....yeah right.

On the radio they stated that one of the three spoilt ballot papers was England's. The commentator stated that's typical of the FA; rather than take a stand and vote against the man, they spoilt their paper instead.

When Sepp found out (so much for a secret ballot) he said I will forgive England for this, but I'll never forget it.

Instead of doing the right thing and boycott World Cups etc, no-one will do it because as sad as it is there is far too much money involved, the only way it could work is if all the big sponsers start withdrawing if they don't this circus will just carry on.

It may go ahead ,but who would want to watch it and more importantly who would want to sponsor it..?

And there's the nub.

A World Cup without England, Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, US, Australia, Japan etc is a World Cup no one wants to sponsor and a tarnished one that will not pull in maximum broadcast rights revenue.

Fifa runs on money. Just the threat should be enough.

Fall-out for Cayman continues:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/sports/soccer/fifa-soccer-sepp-blatter-cayman-islands.html

http://www.compasscayman.com/caycompass/2015/06/01/Webb-and-Canover-Watson--Same-street-mansions-in-Georgia/

[Canover Watson is a CIFA executive facing an unrelated charge in local courts here re money laundering]

Edited by One Team In Keynsham

And there's the nub.

A World Cup without England, Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, US, Australia, Japan etc is a World Cup no one wants to sponsor and a tarnished one that will not pull in maximum broadcast rights revenue.

Fifa runs on money. Just the threat should be enough.

it does extremely well .....for a registered charity

Fall-out for Cayman continues:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/sports/soccer/fifa-soccer-sepp-blatter-cayman-islands.html

http://www.compasscayman.com/caycompass/2015/06/01/Webb-and-Canover-Watson--Same-street-mansions-in-Georgia/

[Canover Watson is a CIFA executive facing an unrealated charge in local courts here re money laundering]

Interesting insight to how the web is weaved

C4 really going for it on the news and Dyke now agreeing. Worth watching on C4 + 1. Very damning. Also pleased they bought up the horrendous amount of deaths of workers in Qatar.

As the founders of football it HAS to be us that leads the charge and start the boycott, remember you're the English FA, grow a pair and stand up to be counted.

Is it not possible to set up one of those Government petitions now that if you reach a certain number of signatories it has to be debated in the Commons (that could be interesting, we want to cheese Russia and Qatar off, but not too much....)

Surely there are enough fans that loathe FIFA enough that we could push it over the line?

Anyone know the facts on this?

I also take it the petitioner could word it in their own way, eg

We, as the football fans, require full disclosure of the bidding processes of the World Cups due to be hosted in Russia and Qatar. As fans from the UK we wish the World Cup to be held in countries where there is no "legal" discrimination with regards to race, religion or sexual orientation. we also require the facilities that are to be used not to have have been built by indentured workers.

Edit due to the word legal

Edited by RumRed

Is it not possible to set up one of those Government petitions now that if you reach a certain number of signatories it has to be debated in the Commons (that could be interesting, we want to cheese Russia and Qatar off, but not too much....)

Surely there are enough fans that loathe FIFA enough that we could push it over the line?

Anyone know the facts on this?

I also take it the petitioner could word it in their own way, eg

We, as the football fans, require full disclosure of the bidding processes of the World Cups due to be hosted in Russia and Qatar. As fans from the UK we wish the World Cup to be held in countries where there is no "legal" discrimination with regards to race, religion or sexual orientation. we also require the facilities that are to be used not to have have been built by indentured workers.

Edit due to the word legal

It's a good thought but I'm not sure how it could be used. If it was I think it would have to be slanted towards the English FA. In the Commons plenty could be debated about Qatar/Russia/FIFA but it would be hot air as nothing could be compelled of FIFA.

I'm not sure what power, other than political, the Govt has over the English FA. Even then it might merely just be a forum for debate rather than positive action arising therefrom.

It's a good thought but I'm not sure how it could be used. If it was I think it would have to be slanted towards the English FA. In the Commons plenty could be debated about Qatar/Russia/FIFA but it would be hot air as nothing could be compelled of FIFA.

I'm not sure what power, other than political, the Govt has over the English FA. Even then it might merely just be a forum for debate rather than positive action arising therefrom.

You're right, just another ineffectual way of appearing to give us 'power' I just wish the FA seemed a little more bothered about the football fan and just not about premiership TV rights.

What happens when you do get power and money I guess.

You're right, just another ineffectual way of appearing to give us 'power' I just wish the FA seemed a little more bothered about the football fan and just not about Premier League TV rights.

What happens when you do get power and money I guess.

I think it is a very good idea and there probably is an angle somewhere, but might perhaps need a bit of time looking in to the relationship between the Govt and the FA and FIFA - for example if there are govt contributions to either body a question prompting debate around whether these should continue might have more purpose. Edited by Guest

I think it is a very good idea and there probably is an angle somewhere, but might perhaps need a bit of time looking in to the relationship between the Govt and the FA and FIFA - for example if there are govt contributions to either body a question prompting debate around whether these should continue might have more purpose.

I like your thinking, I also think the heir to the throne who's president of the FA may be an angle, obviously can't be political but never stopped his dad....

On the radio they stated that one of the three spoilt ballot papers was England's. The commentator stated that's typical of the FA; rather than take a stand and vote against the man, they spoilt their paper instead.

When Sepp found out (so much for a secret ballot) he said I will forgive England for this, but I'll never forget it.

I am puzzled why England would spoil their ballot... It may be a malicious leak by the FIFA... Did the radio reveal its source?