IGNORED

The Fifa 14

havanatopia

Loved the Qatar vote. The top officials in FIFA do a full study and report on the bidding nations, but still manage to miss the small detail that it's chuffing hot in summer!

They claimed games would be played in air conditioned stadiums. A Claim they later admitted was unworkable bollocks.

Well that certainly isn't a fact ;)

Getting back to my longer post... Erhummm...

If all this goes on while on your watch then, by all definitions imaginable or under the sun you are guilty or, and this is my caveat i perhaps should have added, you are the most dim person in charge of an organisation.

I suppose Splatter features could plead ignorance... Would that mean he could be committed to an asylum?

Jeez... He really is the slipperiest of pluckers.

Edited by havanatopia

Getting back to my longer post... Erhummm...

If all this goes on while on your watch then, by all definitions imaginable or under the sun you are guilty or, and this is my caveat i perhaps should have added, you are the most dim person in charge of an organisation.

I suppose Splatter features could plead ignorance... Would that mean he could be committed to an asylum?

Jeez... He really is the slipperiest of pluckers.

Or it's a complex, ageing multi billion pound per annum turnover organisation which structurally and operationally is not fit for purpose and no one man could be expected to be wholly on the pulse throughout - or in Concacaf, perhaps.

I'm not going to directly throw around any accusation but as I've said above Havana I would bet if we had a pint and talked about this we would have far more in common regarding suspicions and the relative confidence in those suspicions than not, if we disagreed at all. I'mreally just playing devil's advocate.

Ultimately I'm VERY excited with today's developments but also very intrigued: why now, why now and not blatter, why not Blatter, how was the Swiss involvement, what the offences were (not the title) and how/why the U.S. has jurisdiction yada yada yada.

Edited by Guest

Or it's a complex, ageing multi billion pound per annum turnover organisation which structurally and operationally is not fit for purpose and no one man could be expected to be wholly on the pulse throughout - or in Concacaf, perhaps.

I'm not going to directly throw around any accusation but as I've said above Havana I would bet if we had a pint and talked about this we would have far more in common regarding suspicions and the relative confidence in those suspicions than not, if we disagreed at all. I'mreally just playing devil's advocate.

Ultimately I'm VERY excited with today's developments but also very intrigued: why now, why now and not blatter, why not Blatter, how was the Swiss involvement, what the offences were (not the title) and how/why the U.S. has jurisdiction yada yada yada.

Going along with all of that squire.

CNN mentioned that partly the reason for this investigation is because US companies are by far the largest sponsors of FIFA... VISA and Coca Cola for example. Also a lot of the allegations concern the Americas with link back to the US, also because the US bid on one of those world cups remember oh and of course its an opportunity to bash Putin... And why now? Because these trough munchers are nearly all in one place, Zurich. Also because its been coordinated closely with the Swiss' own investigation.

I am sure as this story is developing it seems clear to me this is very much the beginning. Looking forward to the US Justice Dept's Press Conference in about 10 mins... Get it on... They are going to show us a corporate structure diagram and hopefully paint a picture of endemic corruption amid the early days of a widespread investigation.

Edited by havanatopia

Going along with all of that squire.

CNN mentioned that partly the reason for this investigation is because US companies are by far the largest sponsors of FIFA... VISA and Coca Cola for example. Also a lot of the allegations concern the Americas with link back to the US, also because the US bid on one of those world cups remember oh and of course its an opportunity to bash Putin... And why now? Because these trough munchers are nearly all in one place, Zurich. Also because its been coordinated closely with the Swiss' own investigation.

I am sure as this story is developing it seems clear to me this is very much the beginning. Looking forward to the US Justice Dept's Press Conference in about 10 mins... Get it on... They are going to show us a corporate structure diagram and hopefully paint a picture of endemic corruption amid the early days of a widespread investigation.

Like a Mafia family tree.. :shifty:

This is a link to the DoJ page itself that describes the nature of the case.

I would guess that "why now" is much to do with convenience:  all, or many, of the parties would likely be in the same hotel for the FIFA Congress.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nine-fifa-officials-and-five-corporate-executives-indicted-racketeering-conspiracy-and

Politically this is absolutely huge.

All I'm saying is the FBI have investigated enough that they could pick up the phone to Switzerland and say 'err, excuse me, you know that global organisation that regulates the whole of world football and puts on the biggest sporting event in the world every four years, well we want to come in to Switzerland and in the early hours of the morning very publically carry out a raid against 14 individuals. Oh and whilst we are on the phone can we rely upon your full cooperation?'.

To get the swiss on side, to persuade the swiss allow you in to their country to go after FIFA - headquartered in Switzerland, and with full cooperation, the evidence must be compelling. If the evidence is that compelling why not head honcho implicated enough or why carry out the raids now before the head honcho is implicated enough.

The fact that they haven't got Blatter at this point I don't see as vindication he is not involved at all - if there is anything to be involved in I hasten to add - but I honestly don't think we can presume its safe and shut and only a matter of time before his doorbell goes.

No chance Switzerland will give up one of its favoured sons. It's a corrupt country, grown rich on corruption and ruled by.a corrupt Cabal.

Don't forget Blatter spreads his largesse in Switzerland, giving mega-bucks Fifa merchandising and marketing contracts to Swiss firms.

Ultimately, if he goes, you still could get a "new Blatter". Havelange was as corrupt as Blatter.

Until the governance system is shaken up so England - for instance - has more say than the Cayman Islands (how many players there?) this will be a repeating story.

Small corrupt countries' FA's outvoting the rest.

No chance Switzerland will give up one of its favoured sons. It's a corrupt country, grown rich on corruption and ruled by.a corrupt Cabal.

Don't forget Blatter spreads his largesse in Switzerland, giving mega-bucks Fifa merchandising and marketing contracts to Swiss firms.

Ultimately, if he goes, you still could get a "new Blatter". Havelange was as corrupt as Blatter.

Until the governance system is shaken up so England - for instance - has more say than the Cayman Islands (how many players there?) this will be a repeating story.

Small corrupt countries' FA's outvoting the rest.

How dare you try and take our vote away.

How dare you try and take our vote away.

I don't think there's a 'vote removal' in mind, more of a 'proportional representational' vote request, which is correct. 

It could run into a problem if based on population size though, especially if China and India want to rule the roost.

Surely Blatter will fall now. Clever and cunning can catch up with you. He's nothing short of a mafia boss, and hopefully a whistleblower or two has something on him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't actually been directly involved in the bribes/corruption; I don't believe he's interested in money. All he cares about is his own self importance, and probably hasn't spent a penny of his own money anyway for a quarter of a century. Been swanning around with his entourage of yes men, staying in 5* hotels, courting presidents, pm's, sheiks, princes. He's just addicted to power and influence.

If the vote on Friday goes the way of Blatter I would like to see a mass boycott or even better an alternative World Cup put in place for 2018 & 2022. If Europe and S America all did the same FIFA would implode regardless of who is 'in charge'.

If the vote on Friday goes the way of Blatter I would like to see a mass boycott or even better an alternative World Cup put in place for 2018 & 2022. If Europe and S America all did the same FIFA would implode regardless of who is 'in charge'.

UEFA have a big decision to make.