IGNORED

The Fifa 14

havanatopia

Strange how this all kicks off again the week Blatter goes for re-election. Somebody has blown the whistle for sure.

I would really like to hear UEFA say enough is enough we are out until the whole place cleaned up - it should encourage its members to do the same.

UEFA have said that their members will block vote for Al Hussein.

Thing is Russia have already pledged to vote for Blatter, so the UEFA vote is split.

Could there seriously be a split from FIFA?

I do not see why not and I don't think it a scary prospect either. Plenty of other major sports have a number of federations, both individual sports (Boxing) and team sports (Rugby) and people seem to have become used to it. Arguably football is too big for just the one federation.

A split from FIFA also doesn't have to spell the end of the World Cup. Again there is no reason why it could not be a quasi-invitational event meaning members of another federation will be invited to participate in qualification. I'm sure some of you are probably thinking 'Yeah right, as if it could work like that'... the amount of money a World Cup generates could force even those most staunchly against co-operative working to doing so.

I would really like to hear UEFA say enough is enough we are out until the whole place cleaned up - it should encourage its members to do the same.

So would I. Not sure they have the bottle.

I would think its more to do with having all the buggers in one place - easier to round 'em up and keep an eye on the rest.

Also co-ordinating the raiding of the FIFA offices at the same time in the same place..

That's a good call. Just reading that they used one of the officials as a mole - even had him wire tapped during meetings.

One thing I didn't realise - FIFA is a charity!!

The fact that he refuses to acknowledge the situation or understand his own inherent involvement - direct or not - that his position as president has brought, ultimately just goes to further underline that his tenure should end and that his integrity is flawed.

The fact that he refuses to acknowledge the situation or understand his own inherent involvement - direct or not - that his position as president has brought, ultimately just goes to further underline that his tenure should end and that his integrity is flawed.

In any other organisation his position would be untenable.

Few snippets from the Press Conf:

Platini on his meeting Sepp Blatter: "I have affection for Mr Blatter - he always says he is a uncle to me so if I don't tell him nobody will. He says that some days or weeks ago it could be possible [to stand down] but now it is too late.

"I feel he is a friend with a problem and it is my duty to tell him that. I hope my friends will tell me one day 'Michel, it is time that you go away' and I hope that I follow their recommendation."

Platini on what happens if Sepp Blatter wins: "If Mr Blatter is the president, Uefa will meet in Berlin to discuss the future of our relations with Fifa. Could Uefa pull out of Fifa? Of course."

Does Platini think Sepp Blatter be beaten? "I think enough is enough and a number of people think the same. I don't know if that will be enough but there is a radical change in the mindsets of a number of associations and we will work hard on that this evening."

Platini on supporting Prince Ali: "He has all the legitimacy to be president. I have known him very well for four years, he is young and ambitious and I would like to vote for him because I think he is a man who can do well. He doesn't need money - he is a Prince."

Few snippets from the Press Conf:

Platini on what happens if Sepp Blatter wins: "If Mr Blatter is the president, Uefa will meet in Berlin to discuss the future of our relations with Fifa. Could Uefa pull out of Fifa? Of course."

Platini actually said UEFA could pull out of FIFA?

CNN and Al Jazeera out here did not have a translator at the Press Conf.. Pretty useless planning i mean the guy is French!

And neither picked up on your remark as i can tell.

That is a huge remark if correct.

Platini actually said UEFA could pull out of FIFA?

CNN and Al Jazeera out here did not have a translator at the Press Conf.. Pretty useless planning i mean the guy is French!

And neither picked up on your remark as i can tell.

That is a huge remark if correct.

That's from the BBC, im assuming its all correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/32884374

As you say, huge remark to make.

The breakaway from FIFA for England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Ireland would be too much for FIFA to take. There you have the most Powerful Football Nations in the World.

Well done to the FBI, has got to be said!

Spain is apparently still backing Blatter.  This may be because they have something to hide as they allegedly arranged to swap votes with Qatar (Spain/Portugal came 2nd behind Russia in the 2018 vote).  UEFA would need to get some of the Western non-UEFA countries on board too: US, Aus, Japan, Korea, maybe Mexico, maybe some of the S American teams if they aren't all linked to corruption

That bloke from Chelsea has a yacht

I don't think Splatter needs help with a Gin Palace.

Cringeworthy words from the arse i must say; the guy reaches new depths of depravity almost every new press conference.

According to the stattos this morning Bin Ali has a minimum of around 100 votes probably secured so with Europe being about 50% of that he has garnered decent support elsewhere.. He needs about 130 to win if its purely on a 1 country 1 vote basis. Or is it a 2/3 majority he needs?

Still cannot see him winning; too many nostrils in the trough.

Edited by havanatopia

I don't think Splatter needs help with a Gin Palace.

Cringeworthy words from the arse i must say; the guy reaches new depths of depravity almost every new press conference.

According to the stattos this morning Bin Ali has a minimum of around 100 votes probably secured so with Europe being about 50% of that he has garnered decent support elsewhere.. He needs about 130 to win if its purely on a 1 country 1 vote basis. Or is it a 2/3 majority he needs?

Still cannot see him winning; too many nostrils in the trough.

he needs 105 according to sky & is likely to get them, :facepalm:

It's clear that Blatter will win the election, he'll be backed by those who are doing very well under the status quo. Blatter will then control who has access to what information within Fifa. He will never resign, doing so will allow his opponents access to all the information, so that's not going to happen.

UEFA should just leave Fifa and say to hell with the World Cup, at least for the time being. Fifa is nothing without sponsors or Uefa, so call their bluff. Leave the organisation who have voted Russia and Qatar as the venues for 2018/22.

As has been mentioned, Bristol could've been a venue for the 2018 World Cup given a level playing field. As such, it's time to put an end to this bullshit.

The breakaway from FIFA for England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Ireland would be too much for FIFA to take. There you have the most Powerful Football Nations in the World.

Well done to the FBI, has got to be said!

It may not have immediate effect, but I truly believe just us and Germany would carry enough clout as sponsor's markets to pull the rug from FIFA.

I also believe even England alone probably would be able achieve that, although I acknowledge it would be a huge risk. Imagine this: the FA breaks away from FIFA. Mid November and its the last game in qualification for the World Cup (which we don't participate in). The FA has scheduled a full fixture list for that evening - including Man City v Man Utd and Chelsea v Arsenal - and doesn't require any of its member clubs to release any players for the FIFA competition which it no longer recognises.

Don't get me wrong I know that would take huge front and well it just isn't ever going to happen, but I truly believe the Premier League itself harnesses enough power as a global brand to bring FIFA crumbling. Therefore I don't think we should fear what would or would not be too much for FIFA's resistance - if the English FA were involved I think that would be too much for them to resist whatever the rest of the composition.

Edited by Guest