IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

19 minutes ago, TomF said:

Drifting wide on my radar, don't think its saving Gus's crybabies.

! more to get, come'on Glos, never doubted you !?

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

! more to get, come'on Glos, never doubted you for a second  !?

sorry, getting excited 

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, tin said:

Brilliant spell of 4 wickets in 10 balls from Taylor. It was a different pitch when it’s overcast, seemingly.

Crazy stuff, Middlesex went from 241-4 to 255 all out, and yes, I stopped watching the stream when they were  4 down 'cos I thought it was petering out into a draw!  Well done lads.

• Like 1

Amazing turn around for Glos, safe to say Middlesex must have the worst and longest tail in cricket! :).

Forgive me as I am still getting my head around this format... Who goes through to the next stage? And What are the scenarios from the last round of games?

The top two teams go through, so, realistically, two of Somerset, Glos. and Hants.

In the final round of matches, Somerset are away to Surrey at The Oval, whilst Glos. host Hants at Cheltenham.

Assuming no strange results, Somerset should qualify with a draw and, in reality, Hants would probably need to beat Glos., who are currently ahead of them on points.

As a Somerset fan, I am hoping for a Hants win, as half the points scored in the group games are carried over in to the final group.

• Like 1

Assuming Glos lose to Hants next week, which is eminently possible, it would be a travesty that a side with FIVE CC wins this season doesn't go through to the First Division IMO. Yorkshire, who are top of Group 3, are the only other team to have won as many games as we have at this stage of the competition.

I think we'll be up against versus Hampshire.  

2 hours ago, tin said:

Assuming Glos lose to Hants next week, which is eminently possible, it would be a travesty that a side with FIVE CC wins this season doesn't go through to the First Division IMO. Yorkshire, who are top of Group 3, are the only other team to have won as many games as we have at this stage of the competition.

I think we'll be up against versus Hampshire.  

Never assume nothing !

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

175/6 at the end. Can`t help feeling we`ve let them off.

As an aside, Devon Conway keeping wicket? I never knew he was a WK.

A mainstay of the NZ one day teams - a fine wicketkeeper/batsman.

Though not for us this evening - out first second ball!

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

The only crumb of comfort is Slurrey lost and Essex look like losing to Sussex so the 5/6th placed sides haven’t made any ground. Two points from the last two games will see us through but probably an away QF at Notts who look pretty formidable and a certain BCTV presenter might want to remind us he’s not past it 

Lisa Knights ?      (if she's past it, I've been dead 20 years ) .

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Lisa Knights ?      (if she's past it, I've been dead 20 years ) .

I might be due a ‘Whoosh’ here, but I suspect reference was being made to a former Somerset icon, a certain Peter Treeeego.

You have probably never heard of him, as he played mainly in the first division, but he also presented a few City matches on Robins TV - usually quite ‘snazzily’ dressed.