IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

Well, what an extraordinary and thoroughly enjoyable morning's cricket.

166/1 off 31 overs, a run rate of 5.35!

From 242/7 to 408/8, with an additional 4 batting points.

I am assuming a quick thrash after lunch, but even should Somerset declare now Leics. need 259 to avoid the follow-on.

Additionally, it is difficult to envisage a Surrey win at Southampton with Hants already 368/9, shame about Surrey's third bowling point that came in the 107th over.

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Called into the squad obviously. Anything else England cricket can do to **** us over? 

I feel for poor old Tom Banton.

He returned from overseas early as he was struggling mentally with bubbles etc., was withdrawn from Somerset just as he was coming in to some kind of (excellent) form, only to spend a few days sitting in a pavilion, as a result of which he now has to isolate and self-confine for a week.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I feel for poor old Tom Banton.

He returned from overseas early as he was struggling mentally with bubbles etc., was withdrawn from Somerset just as he was coming in to some kind of (excellent) form, only to spend a few days sitting in a pavilion, as a result of which he now has to isolate and self-confine for a week.  

Don’t know his mentality but would anyone be surprised if he made himself unavailable for international selection and overseas competitions while bubbles remain? He seems to get screwed at every turn. 

51 minutes ago, TomF said:

He's been called up to England along with Gregory due to the Covid shitshow. We basically have 2 fast bowlers, 2 part timers and a spinner now with Davey injured as well.  

I thought Gregory was injured?

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Angus is sobbing in Cheltenham due to the complete crapness of his team. 

1 hour ago, Midred said:

I just imagined Angus having another cunnning plan to ruin our season!

1 hour ago, tin said:

And he took our best bowler, and captain. It's not affecting us yet, fortunately. 

Quite subtly, ECB also took two Middlesex players away from their game against Glos (Somerset's CC rivals, bowled out for 248 yesterday), whereupon Middlesex collapsed today and will struggle to bowl out Glos a second time without one of their best bowlers, Tom Helm.

It could well be Somerset and Glos in the top two positions going in to the final round of matches, with Somerset dependent upon Hants to beat Glos in the final match.