IGNORED

Bs From Bp?

The Post has got to find something to fill the football sports pages during the quiet summer months. This is a low risk story for them as there may be an element of truth in it, and if there's no truth, it's not the end of the world.  Anyway, it's better than a lot of the rumours on the forum. 

My impression of Stockhausen, based on his twitter persona where he comes across very well, is that he doesn't just make up stories to fill pages of a newspaper.  I respect him, and if he's gone as far as to write an article on Grigg then I would expect it to be true.

As Rocky said, he tends to dismiss baseless rumours.

The fact that it's and old story?

The headline says "still on radar", which acknowledges that he has been linked already, and includes a quote from Karl Robinson made this week.  It also mentions that the new Brentford coach started yesterday.  It's perfectly current.

So I would say the criticism is more lazy than the article itself.

What exactly is it based on? other than internet gossip, that's pretty lazy I would say.

PS:- you are aware it was actually phrased as a question?????.

Yes I'm aware it was a question, but I don't see why "lazy journalism" was even an option as an answer. He has summarised the situation with Grigg, and it will be of interest to plenty of people who don't follow the club as closely as people on this forum.

I think you do a disservice to Stockhausen to suggest the article is based purely on internet gossip. You don't know that. He is close to the club and as myself and others have already said, he is quick to dismiss unfounded rumours. He may well know something we don't.

Yes I'm aware it was a question, but I don't see why "lazy journalism" was even an option as an answer. He has summarised the situation with Grigg, and it will be of interest to plenty of people who don't follow the club as closely as people on this forum.

I think you do a disservice to Stockhausen to suggest the article is based purely on internet gossip. You don't know that. He is close to the club and as myself and others have already said, he is quick to dismiss unfounded rumours. He may well know something we don't.

and nor do you, but I think you do blow too much smoke up Stockhausen arse mate, if he had a direct quote from the club he would have said so, it would have been one of his exclusives.

This is the same Stockhausen who claimed that Styvar had only ever played up front once in his career before we signed him, although he had actually scored 30 odd goals in 60 odd games, yes i'm aware that Styvar looked as though he had only played up front once his career after we signed him.

A couple of years i would tend to have agreed that he was poor but the last couple of years I have found him to be a really good journalist. For what it is worth i believe that Grigg is one of the many players on our shopping list.

I don't think anybody will be disputing that, but virtually anyone on OTIB could have written what he did, I get the impression after his silly Styvar piece in the BP and then the piece about GJ also in the BP it has made him unpopular at AG and I suspect is kept at arms length, especially if SL has a say in the matter.

I don't think anybody will be disputing that, but virtually anyone on OTIB could have written what he did, I get the impression after his silly Styvar piece in the BP and then the piece about GJ also in the BP it has made him unpopular at AG and I suspect is kept at arms length, especially if SL has a say in the matter.

"I suspect he is kept at arms length".

Here is a direct quote from Steve Cotterill's programme notes from the final game of the season:

"It's those guys who I see week in, week out from the local press that I've become close to. I'd like to thank Richard Hoskin and his BBC Radio Bristol team, Andy Stockhausen from the Bristol Post, and our own in-house media department, led by Adam Baker, for all their support".

....not sure you should be accusing Stockhausen of not doing his research before publishing.

There's no denying that's a bizarre article and he's got it completely wrong there. However, I'm still not sure why you are so keen to discredit him entirely based on one article.

I prefer to take a broader view that, while he doesn't necessarily get everything right, Stockhausen generally talks a lot of sense, tends to dismiss baseless rumours, and is close enough to the club to have information at his disposal that we don't.

What do you find wrong with this statement EMB...?

If you actually did some research yourself, you will find Styvar started his career as a Left sided defensive midfielder.

It wasn't until he moved to Zlina, that they used him in a more advanced roll...eventually being used as a forward.

He's obviously been used in various positions during his career.

If the guy couldn't speak English and somethings get lost in translation with other languages, then you can understand the written piece.

It was very evident for us all to see that Styvar wasn't a 'natural' forward.

Even Walshie says the same thing after seeing him in training everyday.

Yes he scored 30 goals for Zlina in one season....in the Slovakian league...

Surely any sane person can see this was one of our worst signings ever...especially with the money spent.

Wouldn't you agree?

We took a gamble on him nothing more or less he wasn't a good signing yes but wasn't even in the top 10 worst signing for this club as we sign more donkeys then most

The worst signing we ever made was Carl Hutchings

We took a gamble on him nothing more or less he wasn't a good signing yes but wasn't even in the top 10 worst signing for this club as we sign more donkeys then most

The worst signing we ever made was Carl Hutchings

Nearly a Million pound though for Styvar...a massive gamble. Thankfully things have changed. We used to just throw money at problems and keep our fingers crossed...we were an absolute joke to be fair.

At the time tho we were throwing good money after bad and he fee we paid was seen as a lot

But as you say we learnt if he turned out to be the next Bob Taylor he'd be a legend but he wasn't

Swings and round about a and just highlights the danger is foreign transfer

I'd be happy if we never signed anyone from Europe again to be honest

Archived