IGNORED

Who Has The Football Leagues Worst Ground ?

Major Isewater

Who has the football League's worst ground And why ?

Death trap stands that sway in the wind ,open urinals ,dangerous routes to get there ...

Name and shame guys and girls .

For me Saltergate was one of the worst like a Victorian work house ,dodgy wooden stand and what everyone took to be a toilet ,a sort of yellow lake, just underneath.

Death trap stands that sway in the wind ,open urinals ,dangerous routes to get there ...

For me Saltergate was one of the worst like a Victorian work house ,dodgy wooden stand and what everyone took to be a toilet ,a sort of yellow lake, just underneath.

I used to quite like Saltergate, it had character.

I nominate Northampton

• Admin

Who has?, or who had?

Who has?, or who had?

If its "had" then Oxford's old Manor Ground, Reading's Elm Park (where I seem to remember on one visit, the terraces crumbling and being lobbed towards the enclosure in which my mates and I were standing) and Walsall's Fellows Park were all very primitive - not dissimilar to Swindon's County Ground today.

St.James' Park, Exeter City.

I can see why most others think it's a s***hole, but as my nearest ground I do think it has an old school charm

Went there in 82ish and had to ask where the ground was, young lad explained it wasn't the local 'Non League' ground but was indeed St James's  :unsure:

If its "had" then Oxford's old Manor Ground, Reading's Elm Park (where I seem to remember on one visit, the terraces crumbling and being lobbed towards the enclosure in which my mates and I were standing) and Walsall's Fellows Park were all very primitive - not dissimilar to Swindon's County Ground today.

So it WAS all their fault  :yes:

Kenilworth Road surely?

Walking through terraced houses was odd. :blink:

It has to be when the Squatters left Bristol (the first time) and used Bath  :facepalm:

Anyone go to the Baseball ground at Derby, went with Tottenham in the early 70's (but that is another story) and the ground consisted of  completely wooden stands.

Bearing in mind everyone smoked back then I remember thinking at the time, whilst dodging flying coppers hemets as 2 tribes went to war this wasn't perhaps the best way to build a stand.

Tragically it came to pass at Bradford 

To me Ninian Park was the worst ground I've ever been to. Open urinals to start with. Ugly stands and aggressive police.

That said I used love going over there. The Cardiff boys always gave us a friendly welcome. It's the one ground where I actually felt afraid on more than one occaision.

I've not been yet to the new stadium but I doubt it's as intimidating and hostile as NP used to be.

To me Ninian Park was the worst ground I've ever been to. Open urinals to start with. Ugly stands and aggressive police.

That said I used love going over there. The Cardiff boys always gave us a friendly welcome. It's the one ground where I actually felt afraid on more than one occaision.

I've not been yet to the new stadium but I doubt it's as intimidating and hostile as NP used to be.

I used to like the little area they had where the away fans bar was. Your right the new stadium is nothing like NP and it hasn't got that edge that NP had.

Gresty Road in about 1982 was something pretty "special". Ditto Halifax in 1984.

Both now pretty good (The Shay looks rather nice).

Visited eighty plus league grounds and they would be among my top five err "underdeveloped" league stadiums I visited.

Newport County,Somerton Park I think,now that was a dump.

And there it is. It was like a post riot zone with the terrace made up of ammunition for fans to throw at each other, or the Police which was part of the Anglo Welsh matchday experience.

Archived