IGNORED

Who Has The Football Leagues Worst Ground ?

Major Isewater

Not been in a little while I must admit. For a couple of seasons they moved away fans to the open terrace end which felt like robbery, but it reverted to the two tier end which is magnificent for support. They may have changed again, but I wouldn't be aware of it if they have.

Away fans have been back in the 2 tiered end for at least the last couple of years.

When are Brentford due to move to their new ground..?

Each to their own but the old ground had a soul I hate the soulless grounds like Leicester' King Power Stadium, Cambridge has the bacon butty's  and you can get a decent pint at Northampton.

I think that by being promoted we will see better football and better stadiums but not many will let you have a drink with them at the ground like Walsall & Crawley. 

TBH most grounds were shocking, by modern standards, in the 70s and earlier.

The old Wembley that folk on here often look back on with fondness had bogs that were like something from a Calcutta slum and extremely dangerous crushes to enter and exit.

Worst league ground currently in use: Kenilworth Rd.

The Mem's not far behind.

Can't comment on the Mem, but the old Wembley was a shithole, rotten view, cramped, awful facilities, a real dump.

I quite like Kenilworth Road.

Vicarage Road is a bit of a hole.  But going back, Aldershot's ground with it's 'open', open end was something special.  And who remembers the Goldstone Ground with its mad mega-terrace down one side?

Can't comment on the Mem, but the old Wembley was a shithole, rotten view, cramped, awful facilities, a real dump.

I quite like Kenilworth Road.

Vicarage Road is a bit of a hole.  But going back, Aldershot's ground with it's 'open', open end was something special.  And who remembers the Goldstone Ground with its mad mega-terrace down one side?

The Dell with the weird decreasing terrace?

Agree molinuex was very poor back in the day. I went there for a cup tie in the early seventies and couldn't believe how what I considered to be a big first division club had such a tatty and archaic ground. Ashton gate was much better at the time. It was no surprise when the safety authorities later shut two of the stands there.

Agree molinuex was very poor back in the day. I went there for a cup tie in the early seventies and couldn't believe how what I considered to be a big first division club had such a tatty and archaic ground. Ashton gate was much better at the time. It was no surprise when the safety authorities later shut two of the stands there.

The ground had a crazy look in the 80s when the rebuilding programme came to a halt due to lack of money. The club built a new stand behind an existing stand, and when completed, demolished the old stand. This meant the new stand was about 40 yards away from the pitch. The intention was to move the pitch as part of the rebuilding, but due to the club almost going into administration, nothing happened for several years, leaving a ground that had 3 dilapidated stand and one good stand nowhere near the pitch.

Rotherham's old Millmoor ground was right next to a big scrapyard and it was hard to see where the scrapyard finished and the ground started.

Having said that, like all old grounds it had a charm, urinals with no roof, great pies and a boozer selling quality ale at ridiculously cheap prices only a 2 minute walk from the ground.

There are times when I yearn for a ground like that to visit.........though not all the time.

The old Dean Court was a bit of a dive, but I actually preferred it to the redeveloped version. Maybe it's just because of the fond memory of when we won there just after Pulis had left - a very celebratory atmosphere in the away end that day from what I recall.

Archived