IGNORED

Glastonbury

internetjef

I watched The Who and yes, they gave us the old favourites, but (understandably) not quite at the same tempo as in years gone by.

I did notice though Roger Daltry on vocals and Pete Townsend on lead guitar,  but then two other guitarists on stage plus a drummer and a keyboard player. Keith Moon managed to play drums & keyboard usually. If he couldn't one of the other three managed it.

I watched The Who and yes, they gave us the old favourites, but (understandably) not quite at the same tempo as in years gone by.

I did notice though Roger Daltry on vocals and Pete Townsend on lead guitar, but then two other guitarists on stage plus a drummer and a keyboard player. Keith Moon managed to play drums & keyboard usually. If he couldn't one of the other three managed it.

Still by far the best act at the festival (from the BBC's coverage anyway)

300K? I think that may be your memory exaggerating things a little

It's generally whats banned about by most (I'm only quoting it), remember its pre big fence so you used to get 200k over the crap fence!

I've never seen a crowd before it or after like it.

I survived! Wasnt sure if I would enjoy this year as much as last but it was every bit as good. Did lots of things I didn't manage to do before, watched the sun go down sat on the hillside by the letters on Thursday, partied in the Rabbit Hole, danced till i literally dropped in a disco type bar, went to Shangri-La saw lots of bands I liked and a few that I didn't think I would but I did. Explored the healing field type places, found the stone Dragon. So much to do, crammed as much as we could in. Met some great people, had so many laughs and left normal life behind for a few days which was lovely.

Saw 2/3 of Lionel Richie from way up at the back, not a fan generally but his music is harmless and I'm old enough to recognise if not particularly like quite a few of his songs. He was there and we just thought what the hell it would be rude not to go and see someone so well known, we saw Dolly last year for the same reason. I thought it would be full of older people in the audience but there were so many young people dancing along just as enthusiastically, you really just get caught in the moment. Later in the dancing bars when they put one of his songs on it got a great reception, everyone up and singing and dancing, he's more popular than you'd think.

The Chemical Brothers were brilliant, what a show. We stood a fair way back so we could see the full effect. The flares really added to the effect. Loads of glowsticks were being thrown into the crowd to, 100's of them. I doubt if it can been seen on tv but loads of people all holding up glowsticks and dancing was great. I realise that sounds really naff but I guess it was one of those you had to be there moments. The crush getting away was good natured but very squashy!

So, so much more. But I've bored you enough. Off to have a read of this forum now to see what I've missed...who are we signing then? As I said back to normal life...

Ps: didn't see Florence but the impression I got was very mixed. 'She did a lot of spinning around' one person told me which 'got a bit boring after a while'. I saw Rudimental who were good but somehow not as good as last year before their set got thunderstormed off. I wasnt disappointed as such but it lacked something overall.

Get downloading off iPlayer.. won't be online for long.  Got the whole HD set of the Chems coming down this morning :D

I'll get Emz onto that. The BT box was set to record just about all the BBC coverage so not sure how much of what was on there.

I was originally planning to watch caribou and hot chip on the friday night but after libertines news leaked around lunchtime i had to change my plans

watched libs who were great and also stuck around from florence due to convenience and to keep the good lady happy.

I can confirm a decent amount of spinning around was done ha, but she cant be accused of giving anything less than 100%.

I think she did a really good job getting bumped to headline at pretty short notice. Also you could tell that being on the pyramid at glastonbury meant loads to her which i think always makes for a better crowd conection (same applied to libs).

I wouldnt put you off watching her set on iplayer, unless you really dont like her tunes at all of course :laugh:

P.S Just watched the run the jewels set from friday back now aswell and they are absolutely loving it

Archived