IGNORED

Dziekanowski - City Legend Or Waster ?

Major Isewater

Jacki was a superb footballer, yes he wasn't consistent, but the players worth watching, at the level we've been watching, often aren't - that's why they play for Bristol City

He was worth every penny for me, just because you didn't know what you were getting. I left the Gate moaning about him as often as I left singing his praises, so what? That individual piece of brilliance every other game was just so gobsmackingly different to anything I'd seen before, and he was doing it in a Bristol City shirt. The over the shoulder flick against Ipswich, whilst running down the wing, the late goals against Wolves at The Gate, when we actually beat Wolves. Yes kids, we have beaten Wolves before, and it was Jacki who won it

Anyone who calls Jacki a waster simply doesn't get it - he was a maverick, the same kind of players that people were salivating over on a thread not so long back after the series on ITV3 (or 4, God knows). If you want gray, bland football, I get that, I'm a fan of the 0-0 battle away from home from time to time. Jacki was a shining light, that worked intermittently, in a sea of some of the dullest football I've seen at City in all my years (I missed most of SODs reign), and I thank him for at least giving me the briefest glimpses of hope back then

And those sweatshirts with 'Dziekanowski' rather than 'Solidarity' that were doing the rounds were the best ones ever

Kids - if you've not seen him play, have a look around youtube, there will be plenty to see. Make your own mind up

Jacki - I salute you, thank you

Concur totally with these sentiments. He was a joy to watch.

Pissed up or not, it's hard to believe that a professional footballer, no matter how lazy, would not sweat enough to get his shirt slightly wet on any day other than mid winter in Siberia. I had some of my best games after a night on the pjss. People wouldn't come near me as the smell of spew on my shirt and shyte in me pants would put them off, I did have a problem dribbling though.

Same as you, but no problem dribbling!  :facepalm:

Will always be a legend to me, on his day un -playable. Although as many have said it was certainly a case of waiting for his day to come, but when it did I witnessed probably the most skilfully talented player I've seen in a city shirt.

Archived