IGNORED

Dziekanowski - City Legend Or Waster ?

Major Isewater

I'm sorry but i don't buy into the Jacky was a legend theory..

The guy had talent but he did n't give a shot about City . He turned it on when he wanted to and that was n't nearly often enough , mean while the club and his team mates were going downhill fast .

Comparisons have been made with JET. but he gave more than Jacky ever did .

Just had to get it off my chest .

Players like JET and Jacki don't come along often.  Don't see why people can't enjoy them when they do?  I wouldn't call either of them legends but they were both special players who were worth paying the admission price on their own because they could do something no other player on the pitch could.  Mavericks yes, entertainers yes, legends no.   Bit harsh to call either a waster IMHO.

Jackie was an entertainer and had everything you would want from a top class footballer,the one thing missing was probably 'real' desire.

He could do things with the ball that others could only dream about.

He wasn't really here long enough to be classed as a legend,but those of us who saw him play will never forget him,and what we saw him do.

Jacki was worth the admission fee just to watch him warm up with the ball before the match. I have been watching city for 40 years and he was the most talented player I have ever seen in a red shirt, only opposition player who was as impressive was Glenn Hoddle. Yes he was inconsistent but when he turned it on it was a pure joy to watch and be entertained. He made half decent players look like Sunday league players. In summary - A great player but not legend as not here long enough but will always be a player I was blessed to see down the gate

I think Jacki was a player for the connoisseurs (no, not saying that's me).  As others have said it wasn't about the huff and puff it was the exquisite skill and vision.  I honestly thought at times he was too good for those in the rest of the team.  They just weren't on the same wavelength.  

Robbored, you've blundered onto a subject you're not interested in yet again.  I'd say you were the Ian Baird of forum posters.

I'm sorry but i don't buy into the Jacky was a legend theory..

The guy had talent but he did n't give a shot about City . He turned it on when he wanted to and that was n't nearly often enough , mean while the club and his team mates were going downhill fast .

Comparisons have been made with JET. but he gave more than Jacky ever did .

Just had to get it off my chest .

Agreed. Jacki needed his own ball really, and let everybody else get on with the game.

I think Jacki was a player for the connoisseurs (no, not saying that's me).  As others have said it wasn't about the huff and puff it was the exquisite skill and vision.  I honestly thought at times he was too good for those in the rest of the team.  They just weren't on the same wavelength.  

Robbored, you've blundered onto a subject you're not interested in yet again.  I'd say you were the Ian Baird of forum posters.

That is not only hilariously funny but true, you are a star.

Jackie is the most naturally talented player I believe I will ever see in a city shirt.  Outrageously skillful, while appearing totally disinterested

For me I am glad I witnessed him in a city shirt, certainly not a city legend but legendary skill.  I am happy to say I witnessed him play, and for me that is what football is all about.

Shame he was such a piss head,saw him role up in the car park vomiting getting out of the car, you could see the vomit in the car! god knows how long he went out on a bender for, thought at the time, he won't be playing today,but he did, and tore his marker a new arsehole.

Jacki was a waster simple as...also wasn't a good teammate, was shagging other players birds and generally a drunken polish knob who turned it in when he wanted...the game that sticks out for me with him was first game of season 93 I think, 3-3 v Portsmouth.... Him and Cole were irresistible that day but it was only too rare

Very talented at football and other macho pastimes.

A joy to watch when he wanted to perform.

Unfortunately, my abiding memory of him (and Andy Cole) was a very wet afternoon at St James Park when those two contributed sweet Fanny Adams to City and we lost 5-0 to a very ordinary Geordie side under the legend ( in his own mind) Keegan.

Very talented at football and other macho pastimes.

A joy to watch when he wanted to perform.

Unfortunately, my abiding memory of him (and Andy Cole) was a very wet afternoon at St James Park when those two contributed sweet Fanny Adams to City and we lost 5-0 to a very ordinary Geordie side under the legend ( in his own mind) Keegan.

You should have went to Twerton when we lost 4-0, he did even less.

Aside from about four home games and Leicester away in the cup, a total waste of time.

Convinced many of those who bang on about him being a legend never actually saw him play...

You should have went to Twerton when we lost 4-0, he did even less.

Aside from about four home games and Leicester away in the cup, a total waste of time.

Convinced many of those who bang on about him being a legend never actually saw him play...

Guessing you don't like him then...

I DID see him play (many times). He had bad games. I choose to remember the moments when he did things that NO other player I have seen in a City shirt in my lifetime could do, including your favourite... if you actually have ever liked anyone.

Guessing you don't like him then...

Seriously, and I mean seriously he was very overrated. He scored just 7 times in his City career and Osman summed up Jackie perfectly when he said about why he'd left him out "a few tricks and 30 yard shot ain't enough"

Oh yes... Osman.

One of the worst managers I have witnessed.

One of the most boring players I have witnessed.

Russell Osman's reign had to be about Russell Osman.

So Cole and Dzeikanowski had to go.

Despite Anfield 94, I can not begin to tell you how much I despise Russell Osman.

Probably about 70% of how much you despise Johnson.

Seriously, and I mean seriously he was very overrated. He scored just 7 times in his City career and Osman summed up Jackie perfectly when he said about why he'd left him out "a few tricks and 30 yard shot ain't enough"

Do you know what, Robbored?... I am actually with you to an extent in having very little time for Gary Johnson "the man".

However, as you have always maintained that Gary Johnson "the manager" was overrated, as far as I am concerned your opinion on Dzeikanowski being overrated, or indeed anything else, is at best redundant and at worst, quite frankly, ****ing ridiculous.

Archived